1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Pullits got a new"er" pile

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Best Paint (Getrag category)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I'm usually anti board and thats one of the 1st things I do when I get a truck is rip em off. But duallys are different, They also save rockers and just generaly protect the bottom of the truck.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Banned

Put them on and paint 'em black. They'll match the toolbox nicely.

--Eric
Old 04-02-2012, 11:12 PM

But they also can help the rust bugs to start munching and to be honest your truck looks best without em some look better with it just depends and this is only my 2 cents lol
Old 04-03-2012, 06:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not a fan of the running boards. I think it looks so BA without them, But if you put them on I'd paint them black.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Crossy's son
I'm not a fan of the running boards. I think it looks so BA without them, But if you put them on I'd paint them black.
I couldnt agree more man!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by pulltilbroke
Yeah I'm usually anti board and thats one of the 1st things I do when I get a truck is rip em off. But duallys are different, They also save rockers and just generaly protect the bottom of the truck.
Very true statement. I can confirm that those boards definately save the rockers and paint, keeps the lower side of the truck cleaner as well. Duallys are definately different when it comes to the look of running boards on them. If you have a dark, solid color truck, the silver/aluminum diamond plate provides great contrast and will accent the rest of the truck. This is especially the case if you tie together the truck with other diamond plate accents such as bed rails, mud flaps and tool box. In the picture below you can see what I mean. I now have a diamond plate tool box in the bed but that the photo was taken before I added that. I don't like the "murdered" look with lots of natural aluminum or chrome pieces painted black. I think it cheapens what should be a more classic look of 1st gen trucks. They also look terrible when they start to chip or get any scratches. The combination of diamond plate parts on this truck has gotten many compliments from even non 1st gen enthusiasts.
Attached Thumbnails Pullits got a new"er" pile-diam2.jpg  
Old 04-04-2012, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by sootnsmoke
Very true statement. I can confirm that those boards definately save the rockers and paint, keeps the lower side of the truck cleaner as well. Duallys are definately different when it comes to the look of running boards on them. If you have a dark, solid color truck, the silver/aluminum diamond plate provides great contrast and will accent the rest of the truck. This is especially the case if you tie together the truck with other diamond plate accents such as bed rails, mud flaps and tool box. In the picture below you can see what I mean. I now have a diamond plate tool box in the bed but that the photo was taken before I added that. I don't like the "murdered" look with lots of natural aluminum or chrome pieces painted black. I think it cheapens what should be a more classic look of 1st gen trucks. They also look terrible when they start to chip or get any scratches. The combination of diamond plate parts on this truck has gotten many compliments from even non 1st gen enthusiasts.
I agreee if its done right they look great and they do help protect the truck but if done wrong they look horrible
Old 04-04-2012, 09:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just don't like when the diamondplate dulls out, noone ever puts the time into polishing it becuase it's such a PITA. But when they are polished up, they don't look too bad.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:14 PM

Oh don't worry they will get polished and I'll keep em clean to. I'm kind of a clean freak when it comes to my trucks.

sootnsmoke, Definitley gonna need more pics of that truck!!!! It looks sexy.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by pulltilbroke
Oh don't worry they will get polished and I'll keep em clean to. I'm kind of a clean freak when it comes to my trucks.

sootnsmoke, Definitley gonna need more pics of that truck!!!! It looks sexy.
Here you go...
Attached Thumbnails Pullits got a new"er" pile-trk1.jpg   Pullits got a new"er" pile-trk4.jpg   Pullits got a new"er" pile-trk5.jpg   Pullits got a new"er" pile-trk2.jpg  
Old 04-05-2012, 04:42 PM

Received 129 Likes on 72 Posts
Hey Pullit, is that rattlecan flat black or did you shoot it?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Banned

sootnsmoke,
I didn't know that black 1 ton was yours. That truck is absolutely beautiful, and a 5 speed to boot.
Bill
Old 04-05-2012, 11:40 PM

I just rattle canned it Mark.

Well as of today I started stripping the boards, I also went to the local u pull yard and picked up a set of seats and some other knick knack crap. Funny both my trucks now have red seats. The ones I put in today a much comfier than the old grey ones I had in there, The seat back latch stripped.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by sootnsmoke
Here you go...
Whereabouts in WA are you? The background in the pics look familiar...
Old 04-06-2012, 12:58 AM

Well I'm gonna have to put daves newer pile now haha I am finally buying a 4x4!!!!!!!!!!!!! 93 1st gen 5 speed burgundy and gold haha!

Quick Reply: Pullits got a new"er" pile