1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Pullits got a new"er" pile

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Best Paint (Getrag category)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used Satin black Krylon Dual, I guess its a paint and primer all in 1. I used 10 cans total sprayed down 2 coats, I was really suprised at how well it covered. Total for paint and supplies was 67 bucks.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:32 AM

On another note, when I bought this truck I wanted it to be a super budget tow rig with some cool parts. So far we are exceeding the expectations as now I only have 2800$ into this truck total including purchase price, I'll be honest my parts guy(Mark Nixon) treats me good and a lot of friends have helped me a lot, most notably are Michael Miller who gave me a dang nice dually box, just cause he needed it out of the way and didn't want to see it get screwed up, And Vinny Boston (Fastback66) for hooking me up with a Kelderman setup and a clean set of seats and console, and also Mark Nixon for always having the stupid little stuff like the correct 93 cargo light switch, hardware, and knick knack crap like that oh yeah he also supplied the clean crash parts too.

So today I installed a slightly used Tekonosha Primus brake controller. It a 100$ controller I scored at a swap meet for 5$!!!!

Name:  93W350254.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  93.0 KB
Name:  93W350255.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  88.8 KB
Old 03-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Banned

So Andrew, if you were to sell that truck (hypothetically speaking), what kind of money would you be looking at?
Bill
Old 03-15-2012, 02:22 PM

To tell you the truth I would probably start out ridiculously high at 8500-9000 and see what happens.

But its not for sale so don't ask

Its funny since I put a 67$ paint job on it about 5 or 6 people have asked me if I want to sell it.

I've wanted a truck in this configuration since the day I saw one new.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:46 PM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
I have the same Tekonosha Primus brake controller. Works well! Truck looks plain mean in black! I still can't decide what color I want. Of course, I have to wait until the bed gets extended. I know I'll have tons of colors to choose from when the time comes.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by pulltilbroke
To tell you the truth I would probably start out ridiculously high at 8500-9000 and see what happens.

But its not for sale so don't ask

Its funny since I put a 67$ paint job on it about 5 or 6 people have asked me if I want to sell it.

I've wanted a truck in this configuration since the day I saw one new.

Interesting about that configuration. I may be selling my 92 W350 CC 5 speed truck in April. You see, what I always really wanted is a SRW W250 extra cab 5 speed (but would consider an auto now as well). Never really sought out, wanted or needed a dually, especially with 4.10 gearing as I only tow a max of 5k, ever. Won't fit in my split 2 car garage either, dually width is a couple inches too wide

When I saw my W350 come up for sale, it was after a long time of looking and missing out on a couple pristine condition W250 trucks, sold to other searchers by only a couple hours before I could get to them within 48 hours of the original posting! Since that time a year ago, I have come to realize the W350/5 speed, extra cabs are somewhat of a freak of nature and rare. I will let you know what it ends up bringing, price wise, as it is the same truck as your config (not sure if you have 3.54 or 4.10 though). It is in pristine condition having been pampered by its one original owner for 104k miles and hardly worked, ever. It gets constant stares when on the road and inquiries when parked .
I have a feeling, if listed on Ebay, would be one of those absolutely nuts bidding frenzies. Whatever it is worth, the money will just be going into another srw W250...with NO 4.10 gearing.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ I've seen pics of your truck. All black is a rare option too, That truck will go on ebay for 12k+ Guaranteed. Look at some of the Single wheel club cabs on ebay now, type in 1993 dodge diesel. over 10,000$ they're at
Old 03-15-2012, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Crossy's son
^^ I've seen pics of your truck. All black is a rare option too, That truck will go on ebay for 12k+ Guaranteed. Look at some of the Single wheel club cabs on ebay now, type in 1993 dodge diesel. over 10,000$ they're at
Yes, I know...neither has hit the reserve yet either and the green 5 speed is at $13,200 now! I have been watching the two 93s since they have come up recently. However, that 5 speed truck I could have bought back in December for $10,500 directly from the 2nd owner if I was fully ready to pull the trigger at that time (which I was not). I actually corresponded with the owner of it and got full high res photos of the truck. That was a couple days before being bought by the ebay seller you see now. I looked at the odometer photos I got previously and the odo photo from the current ebay seller. It has only been driven a few hundred miles since he bought it in December. It was located 500 miles from me at that time and is now located 40 miles from me in Tacoma WA. All in all, I prefer NOT to buy from dealers and over Ebay if possible. If I was going to go the full high price of an Ebay find, I would drive or fly out to see it before going the distance and doing a full "buy it now" price or being the high bidder. I do not like the dealer selling the 93 automatic truck. Spoke to a guy at that dealer about a year and a half ago when they had a truck I was interested in driving out to see at their lot (they also had it up on Ebay). Very rude and not willing to serve up additional photos or confirm simple things I asked of him. I am very patient and don't mind waiting.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Banned

sootnsmoke,
I sold my blue and silver 92 about 2 weeks ago and am looking to replace it. Unfortunately E-Bay and Auto Shopper are about my only options. These trucks are as rare as hens teeth around here. When I advertised mine, I got over 50 calls in 7 days. First day, first guy, bought it. Anyway, I have been watching those two trucks you speak of on E-Bay. I'm more interested in the 5 speed. Since you know the truck better than I do, what general overall condition would you say it's in.
The dealer that has the 2-tone tan with the auto has trucks on E-Bay on a regular basis. They all seem to be pretty nice with low miles but I've never delt with him, never even called on any of his vehicles. They all seem to go for outragious prices.
Thanks,
Bill
Old 03-15-2012, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by bill-d-c
sootnsmoke,
I sold my blue and silver 92 about 2 weeks ago and am looking to replace it. Unfortunately E-Bay and Auto Shopper are about my only options. These trucks are as rare as hens teeth around here. When I advertised mine, I got over 50 calls in 7 days. First day, first guy, bought it. Anyway, I have been watching those two trucks you speak of on E-Bay. I'm more interested in the 5 speed. Since you know the truck better than I do, what general overall condition would you say it's in.
The dealer that has the 2-tone tan with the auto has trucks on E-Bay on a regular basis. They all seem to be pretty nice with low miles but I've never delt with him, never even called on any of his vehicles. They all seem to go for outragious prices.
Thanks,
Bill

I read about the sale of your 92. Sounds like it worked out and the price you sold it for met your expectations? The photos I have from the previous owner are excellent and I have many. I can email them all to you along with the actual emails that contain some info. Just let me know or PM me an email address to use and I will forward.

At the previous price of $10,500, there is fair value at that price point in my opinion. Who knows what you might have to pay now at auction?? Knowing that I am buying from a person flipping the truck and then getting it for probably 5 to 8k more than I could have bought it for in December, I personally would pass. I understand that same history and feeling won't apply to you though.

I looked back through my previous photos and I can tell you the paint around the bed rail area and top of the tail gate was completely worn to metal in a couple areas and not in overall good shape along the top of the bed and tail gate. Interior looks very good, over all body is good and rest of paint on body appears to be decent. It is hard for me to tell about the passenger side impression depth near the rear tire. This ebay seller just put bed rail caps over the bed rail damaged paint to cover it up (I see he added those rail caps in his ebay photos). I attached that photo for you below. Does not look like any other damage beyond the paint underneath the bed rail caps though. You will see more detail in many of the photos I have. Overall, the truck is seemingly solid and in good shape. I would have probably bought it a few months back had I been ready or at least made a substantial offer if there were some minor negatives I noticed when seeing it in person.
Attached Thumbnails Pullits got a new"er" pile-935spd.jpg  
Old 03-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Banned

sootnsmoke,
PM sent. I know what you mean, don't mind a guy making a little money on a good truck (finders fee so to speak), not crazy about paying for a four year degree for his kid on one sale. I'll watch it, probably go for too much money anyway. I wish I didn't like these dad burn trucks so much, then I wouldn't worry about it.
Bill
Old 03-15-2012, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by bill-d-c
sootnsmoke,
PM sent. I know what you mean, don't mind a guy making a little money on a good truck (finders fee so to speak), not crazy about paying for a four year degree for his kid on one sale. I'll watch it, probably go for too much money anyway. I wish I didn't like these dad burn trucks so much, then I wouldn't worry about it.
Bill
PM received, emails and photos on their way.
Bill, sounds like we think alike
Let me know your thoughts and if there is anything else I can do to help.

Alan
Old 03-16-2012, 07:10 AM

I can't believe it has a bench seat, the gold/maroon club cab auto truck also has a bench seat! sucks
Old 03-16-2012, 08:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crossy's son
I can't believe it has a bench seat, the gold/maroon club cab auto truck also has a bench seat! sucks
I know, I don't care much for the bench seats either.
Bill
Old 03-16-2012, 09:27 AM

The club cab ones never seem as comfy as the regular cab ones. and the club cab bench seats sit up real high, i put a club cab bench in a regular cab one time and it felt like my head almost hit the roof LOL. the floors must be different

Quick Reply: Pullits got a new"er" pile