1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Pulling my hair out!!! Need Advice!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ghost, if you need pm me your email I can send you the print you need.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Received 565 Likes on 414 Posts
Originally Posted by Greed 93
Ghost, if you need pm me your email I can send you the print you need.
Now there's some virtual ink that's not wasted......Mark
Old 11-04-2013, 10:54 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Greed 93
Who the hell are you to tell someone to park there truck ! The guy just had a kid, maybe he can't get the manual cause he put money in fuel or food ?! If you really need to use comments to other people on here to make you feel better about yourself get a new hobby.
Calm down, will ya.

It is meant as an illustration of relative merit. Of course he doesn't intend to park the truck, or not fuel it. The cost of a manual is about 1/2 hour of shop time, during which the shop mechanic might get his hands on the correct diagram, take a sip of coffee, and begin to decide where he's going to start.

That way he can wig out the problem himself, with your help of course.

I carried 6 kids through a winter with a severely injured right hand on $300 a month, without any "welfare" at all. I know what "tight" is, and it's really not a problem as long as you use your resources wisely.

One morning we were eating whole wheat pancakes, (hand ground from $0.10 bulk wheat) with Northern Minnesota wild blueberries in it (picked by us of course) with real butter, (again home churned) and real maple syrup (you guessed it) and we began to laugh at our "poverty." Many "well off" people can't afford to eat like that.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Received 565 Likes on 414 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Calm down, will ya.

It is meant as an illustration of relative merit. Of course he doesn't intend to park the truck, or not fuel it. The cost of a manual is about 1/2 hour of shop time, during which the shop mechanic might get his hands on the correct diagram, take a sip of coffee, and begin to decide where he's going to start.

That way he can wig out the problem himself, with your help of course.

I carried 6 kids through a winter with a severely injured right hand on $300 a month, without any "welfare" at all. I know what "tight" is, and it's really not a problem as long as you use your resources wisely.

One morning we were eating whole wheat pancakes, (hand ground from $0.10 bulk wheat) with Northern Minnesota wild blueberries in it (picked by us of course) with real butter, (again home churned) and real maple syrup (you guessed it) and we began to laugh at our "poverty." Many "well off" people can't afford to eat like that.
All of that it not the point, it is the delivery, for the I don't know how many times. You know nothing about his situation, but you feel free to talk to him as if he were your child that just dropped out of Harvard. That is not your right. Greed, My scanner is smoked or I would have offered the same, way to go...Mark
Old 11-04-2013, 02:14 PM

I can see both sides of the argument. On one side, you have a guy with a truck that works just fine (With a little jerry rigging of the over drive switch) that doesn't want to save up for the manual and on the other side you have a guy taking this opportunity to lecture on his poor financial decisions. If the truck was non operational I

could see why Saving for the 35 dollars would be asking alot, but the truck runs and the weather is cooling off so A/C is definitely not a must have. Then again, no one asked anyone for budget management advise. That all being said, we choose to have these discussions on the world wide Web, so everyone can feel free to state there opinions.
Back to the task at hand, you can request repair manuals that your local library doesn't have and they will try to borrow it from a library that does. They won't let you check it out but you can photo copy the pages you need

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2013, 07:51 AM

Thanks Greed! Sent you a pm.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:21 AM

Guys, you know J is old and he's from MN, which means he's probably has a little Norseman in him. They tend to be a bit cantankerous. Just let the man help people out and ignore the rest.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:25 AM
KRB

Received 524 Likes on 363 Posts
Ha ha, gotta watch those Norwegian bachelor farmers. Plus the snows probably already 5-6' deep there so he's maybe suffering a little cabin fever too...
Old 11-06-2013, 06:42 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by KRB
Ha ha, gotta watch those Norwegian bachelor farmers. Plus the snows probably already 5-6' deep there so he's maybe suffering a little cabin fever too...
Got a whole inchandahalf of snow last night. Ya, you betcha, it's driving me nuts.