1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Possible bounty of OEM parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013 | 08:51 PM
Administrator

Talking Possible bounty of OEM parts

I thought that I would start a new thread with this info. When I was looking for replacement pedal pads, I came across a company called Bluefin international. They are a certified stocking distributor for the US military. I am not completely sure of what all they do, but apparently one of them is to sell military surplus. I sent them a Request For Quote Form, RFQ (I always wondered what that meant ) and they responded. They want to know how many, in order to set a price, but they are willing to ship just 2. I then thought, if they have these pedal pads, they might have lots of unobtanium in their inventory. The problem I have is that I don't know the part numbers of the parts not available, or even which parts they are. Of course you are free to contact them yourselves @ bluefininternational.com, but I thought maybe we could accumulate the various parts here. I know I need wing window seals, anyone know the part #? Anyhoo, have at it, we may have found a gold mine of nos parts...Mark
Old 07-20-2013 | 10:16 PM
Banned

Sweet Find mark let's see what we can find .
Old 07-20-2013 | 10:30 PM

I wouldn't bet on it panning out.
I tried this a few years back with a large outfit and after a couple transactions they simply quit communicating.
They want VOLUME and orders in the THOUSANDS of dollars, or they feel it's not worth their while.

Best of luck, you're probably going to need it.

Mark.
Old 07-20-2013 | 10:38 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mark Nixon
I wouldn't bet on it panning out.
I tried this a few years back with a large outfit and after a couple transactions they simply quit communicating.
They want VOLUME and orders in the THOUSANDS of dollars, or they feel it's not worth their while.

Best of luck, you're probably going to need it.

Mark.
Yeah, I am trying to not get too excited, but I was very honest when I filled out the RFQ, told them I was a civilian and only need 2 of these and that I am not a business. Here is the text of the response:

My Name is Tim Savoy and I have been assigned to your account in response to your Request For Quotation for MPN: 22540-01-167-9273. Please reference RFQNS0247847 when contacting me in regards to this request.
Before I confirm your quote within my system, please help me with a few details that will help us give you the best possible price and delivery time.
You have requested a quantity of 2 total units. Will you have demand for additional quantities in the future? A quantity increase sometimes allows me give you more attractive pricing. Please let me know how many you plan on procuring over the next 12 months, so I may quote you accordingly.
Additionally, please let me know if you need this material shipped out right away, or if you can wait a few extra days, as a slower freight service will also help keep our costs down.
As an added service to our long term clients, we do offer scheduled shipments, at your desired shipment date for the life of your contract. If you do not need all the material right away, we can ship to you as you need. We can discuss these details when we speak.
If you call the office and I am away or in another meeting, please just reply to this email and I will call you back at my earliest.

He seems to be saying that the only issue is the price, but who knows. We'll see. Also, it seems that mpn is military part number...Mark P.S. I'll call and talk to him personally when I get back to the states.
Old 07-20-2013 | 11:03 PM
Administrator

I was thinking that they probably have brand new VE's sitting around. Between us, we could probably generate thousands of dollars in sales with just those. I will ask about that when I talk to him. I would buy one for sure, if the price is right...Mark
Old 07-21-2013 | 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by maybe368
I know I need wing window seals, anyone know the part #? ...Mark
Check your PM
Old 07-21-2013 | 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by maybe368

My Name is Tim Savoy and I have been assigned to your account in response to your Request For Quotation for MPN: 22540-01-167-9273. Please reference RFQNS0247847 when contacting me in regards to this request.
Before I confirm your quote within my system, please help me with a few details that will help us give you the best possible price and delivery time.
You have requested a quantity of 2 total units. Will you have demand for additional quantities in the future? A quantity increase sometimes allows me give you more attractive pricing. Please let me know how many you plan on procuring over the next 12 months, so I may quote you accordingly.
Additionally, please let me know if you need this material shipped out right away, or if you can wait a few extra days, as a slower freight service will also help keep our costs down.
As an added service to our long term clients, we do offer scheduled shipments, at your desired shipment date for the life of your contract. If you do not need all the material right away, we can ship to you as you need. We can discuss these details when we speak.
If you call the office and I am away or in another meeting, please just reply to this email and I will call you back at my earliest.

That seems very similar to the spam mail that goes to my junk box.

Hope I'm wrong.
Old 07-21-2013 | 08:19 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NJTman
That seems very similar to the spam mail that goes to my junk box.

Hope I'm wrong.
I would think so too, but it was in response to my inquiry. I think Mark Nixon may be right, but we'll see when I call him when I get back. Who knows, stranger thins have happened...Mark
Old 07-22-2013 | 04:12 PM

what you need is a mil-spec catalog for the TUG's that they used...thats where your going to get the MPN's from...