1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

People these days

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright, I'll bite. My biggest peeve is right hand turns at intersections when there's two turning lanes. I don't know about the rest of the country, but people down here don't seem to know what 'lane discipline' is. My problem is with folks who are in the inside, (right hand) lane, and when turning will drift across 1, 2, 3 or all 4 lanes, with no regard for the drivers behind them.
So, one day I was coming in hot to one such intersection, and there was a guy in a Mustang on my right going slower than me. And I knew full well that he was going to drift across. I came up alongside him right before we entered the turn, so he should have been aware I was there. I held my lane, and he nearly hit me.
Ohhh, he started on his horn, and yelling and screaming and flipping me off... What he didn't do was roll his window up....
I know, I know, it's pretty dangerous of me to fill his car up with smoke. He couldn't see the road ahead of him blah blah blah. Well, maybe next time he won't try to cut off someone bigger and smokier than him.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:42 AM

i like the two lane turns. i stay right next to them when they turn.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by KD93
Ohhh, he started on his horn, and yelling and screaming and flipping me off... What he didn't do was roll his window up....
HAHA, classic!! Smoke is sometimes our only defense, kinda like an octopus inking.

How about this; seems to happen in the morning commute time - the eternity it takes to shift a cold Getrag from 2nd to 3rd seems to catch the put-the-make-up-on-in-the-mirror folks off guard every time. Get a lot of hand waving <as in, what the "heck" is with your driving> Gives me a chuckle every time.

geez, the net nanny got to my post.

Last edited by jbawden; 11-13-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like it when people are sitting in the road in their car two wide in the middle of the road in a busy town, yapping to each other window to window with their 4 ways on as if that makes it better.....so then you have to wait for oncoming traffic to come by so you can go around. And the whole time you just wanna smash into the back of the car and push it forward about 20'...try having a conversation then. Heh.

I shift into 5th and it's all over for them....
Old 11-13-2010, 11:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Or the mustang merged into my lane today as I was about to pass him. He must have seen me last second, cuz he hammered on it, and he lost traction on the wet road and put the whole car sideways in front of me. I stopped inches from his door. I would have loved to see the look on his face, but I was WAY too close to see him. lol
Old 11-14-2010, 06:26 AM

My wife and I were sitting at a light the other day in my 92. Light turns green, I start ot lift my foot off the clutch and start moving, guy coming up behind me at about 20 hits us. Says he did'nt see us. We did'nt get hurt . Totalted the front of his nissan, he had to be towed off, cost me a can of paint to fix the scratch on my homemade bumper. The cop said that I had a unfair advantage because of the HD bumper that I built, I told him "thats right" and drove away.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Load Hauler 04
My wife and I were sitting at a light the other day in my 92. Light turns green, I start ot lift my foot off the clutch and start moving, guy coming up behind me at about 20 hits us. Says he did'nt see us. We did'nt get hurt . Totalted the front of his nissan, he had to be towed off, cost me a can of paint to fix the scratch on my homemade bumper. The cop said that I had a unfair advantage because of the HD bumper that I built, I told him "thats right" and drove away.
I don't get how people don't 'see' a 6000lb truck.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:53 AM

Well it hard to see a 6000 lb truck when you have your head in a shady spot. They figure that he was texting, or on the phone, or ????
Old 11-14-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Load Hauler 04
Well it hard to see a 6000 lb truck when you have your head in a shady spot. They figure that he was texting, or on the phone, or ????
Or just not looking...