1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

NorCal meet/greet/BBQ/camp/beer

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 07:53 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by smokin93
This sounds like a great idea to me. The only time in August that I have available is the last weekend. Aug 30-Sept 2.
That would be labor day weekend, and being a family man, I can tell you that would be out for me. The weekend after which would be from Friday the 7th thru the 9th of September is good. How is this date for evryone else? Keep in mind, that if we do Collins lake, as a group, we shoul call and make reservations. That is, if we want to lock in the private group site that will hold bunches of us. If we choose to do a dayer only, we could set up by the beach site. that is 1st come 1st serve, so we need to get there pronto.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:59 AM

another option

I was driving through the town of Coloma last night, and that may be another option. Maybe Keith from Placerville can elaborate on the area and what it has to offer. Pretty nice area and is somewhat a tourist attaraction. We'll add to the tourism with 1st gen get together.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coloma,the South Fork of The American? That's where all the river rafters hang out?Where would we park?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:11 PM

I can do pretty much any weekend, so start naming dates, guys.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:08 PM

I would say no, we would be harrased by cops and it is packed on weekends I mean packed
Old 07-11-2007, 06:22 PM

Depending on if it is a day thing, or weekend thing, sly park lake has some pretty nice areas to camp at,they have group areas but we would have to reserve in advance.How many people are going to be able to come?I will be where ever it is, so me one. If people just chime in and say if they are going to be there ,we can get an number,also if it is going to be a day or weekend think I can go ethier way.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:38 PM

For me the weekend of September 7th is cool. Are we switching now from Collins lake to Sly Park (you sly dog, Keith!)? Anyway, I don't care so much about location...I sure wish we could've came up with a closer place for the bay area bunch. For now, count me in, but I am able for the date shown. I never did get answered on what types of mods we might want to consider tackling on this venture.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:46 PM

If we are going to wrench then sly park is out, they are really no no on that kind of thing, if we could use that shop then collins sounds great I hear fishing is great there. was not trying to change it why dont we just all say it is at collins lake and just pick a date you sept date works for me
Old 07-11-2007, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by keithplacervill
If we are going to wrench then sly park is out, they are really no no on that kind of thing, if we could use that shop then collins sounds great I hear fishing is great there. was not trying to change it why dont we just all say it is at collins lake and just pick a date you sept date works for me
Collins is good, too. Hey just curious...could Collins run us out for wrenching, though? Has anyone thought of areas that are part of the National forests, where we are not governed by camp rules? Here is a cool spot, then, and that would be Cisco Grove, which is about 1 hour east from Sacramento towards Reno, and is just outside of Truckee, which you know will be cool weather. Collins has the fishing, yes, but after you mentioned Sly Park camping rules, I would say Collins is the same. And for those of you that are not aware, summertime at Collins is full (packed with camping folks), and weather is warm, meaning wishing for AC warm. But hey, if we go w/ Collins for the closeness of the shop, and maybe after catch some trout and jump in for a swim, yeah, I am good w/ that. So how many are commited to NORCAL meet?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:36 PM

I'm commited and will go anywhere. As long as I can drink beer.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Banned

sometime in late september is good , too hot in august !
Old 07-11-2007, 11:04 PM

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
I'm in Anytime Anyplace
Old 07-12-2007, 09:31 AM

I will be in the Sacramento area in Mid & Late August and the 1st part of September. I won't have my truck, but anyone have an objection to a 1st gen bretheren from Texas stopping in to say hello?
Old 08-12-2007, 08:59 PM

OK, Collins lake, the weekend of sept 7-9. Who can make it? Lets set something up!
Old 08-12-2007, 10:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
labor day (sept 3d) I'll be driving the travel trailer up to crater lake calif for some camping. Requiring a bunch of money for fuel etc.

I really hope to make it to collins lake for a first gen meeting and fishing on the 7th. Dont know for sure

Quick Reply: NorCal meet/greet/BBQ/camp/beer