1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Need a wastegate cover plate/outlet

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a wastegate cover plate/outlet

Hi, I'm planning on replacing the 12cm non-wastgated hot side with a waste-gated 12cm housing, but need the coverplate/output flange. Classifieds belong in the classified section

Last edited by wannadiesel; 04-26-2006 at 06:19 PM. Reason: ad removed
Old 04-25-2006, 04:57 PM

I'm assuming you mean the wastegate actuater/diaphragm for opening and closing the wastegate? If that's all you're after just take a small piece of stock, aka flat metal, and make a bracket to hold things open. I got my housing off a 2nd gen and it never came with the actuator either. Without that plate on there, that left spare bolt holes that I didn't need. I measured out a piece of stock, drilled one hole in each end of it, put one end over the pin like lever coming off the wastegate, then stuck a bolt through the other hole in the stock and into one of the open bolt holes. Grantit I had to do some measuring and figuring as to when my wastegate was closed but it all worked out. Best part was, all it took was about 2 inches of aluminum and a bolt. Cheap and no one can even see it.

Keep in mind it'll always be building boost and therefore only limits when everything tops out so keep an eye on it if you've got many mods done.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by A-Poc
I'm assuming you mean the wastegate actuater/diaphragm for opening and closing the wastegate?
Actually, I'm trying to install a functional wastegate in order to prevent overboost, especially after my wife told me what the emissions testing place did to my truck -they had her get out when she refused to hold it to the floor, then let off real abruptly (the "snap test") which they repeated many times - the turbo was screaming!. I need the bolt-on exhaust outlet that's held on with 5 bolts that the downpipe attaches to.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:18 PM

The more boost you build the cleaner your truck will burn which means there will be more air per percentage of fuel, thus emissions testers shouldn't fret too aweful much.

Remember... boost is your friend
Old 04-26-2006, 09:41 AM

How about a source for an aftermarket flange - something I can fab up a new 4" downpipe too? Also, if anyone has an idea of where I can get a gasket from (and/or P/N), I can use it as a pattern to make my own flange.