1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

More ?'s on pump rebuild + options ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More ?'s on pump rebuild + options ...

Hi all, i have some more questions on rebuilding the injection pump on my 93. I've been calling around and get a huge variation in price; one guy is quoting me 600 for a oem rebuild and another is 1360 for the same pump. So what's the deal with that big of a price range for basically the same pump rebuild???

Another thing is a lot of vendors are offer a 240 hp pump. Typically 200-300 dollars more and is basically just "A tweaked pump", but mainly with stock internals and really no other parts than what the stock pump has.
So what i'm wondering with this pump is could i just buy a stock pump and do the adjustments myself and save a couple hundred bucks or do they really do something special with these pumps?

Also, can anyone replace the seals so that 100% biodiesel can be used? Or do the ve pumps really have much of a problem with this?

Thanks
Brent
Old 08-22-2006, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by serious
Hi all, i have some more questions on rebuilding the injection pump on my 93. I've been calling around and get a huge variation in price; one guy is quoting me 600 for a oem rebuild and another is 1360 for the same pump. So what's the deal with that big of a price range for basically the same pump rebuild???

Another thing is a lot of vendors are offer a 240 hp pump. Typically 200-300 dollars more and is basically just "A tweaked pump", but mainly with stock internals and really no other parts than what the stock pump has.
So what i'm wondering with this pump is could i just buy a stock pump and do the adjustments myself and save a couple hundred bucks or do they really do something special with these pumps?

Also, can anyone replace the seals so that 100% biodiesel can be used? Or do the ve pumps really have much of a problem with this?

Thanks
Brent

Depend on wether you are going to be happy with 240 hp or not!
240 comes with a warrinty and tweeked and tuneed stock pump don't

My self i would by the $600 stock on and drive it for awhile and see if there is any problems withit the start tweeking a way!

I priced one from "o" mother mopar, the etherday and it was $2100
Called bakers diesel and got his pump rebuilt for 700 and some change!
just got i installed yesterday and ivan tho it has the no tampering paint and clamps on it! it runs a lot better then the 160 HP it was sapost to come with!
It evan smokes a little when you tromp on it and i had to turn the idle down from 1000 to 750 rpm! Defantly like his work!