1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

more questions, gov spring, pump screw, ect...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more questions, gov spring, pump screw, ect...

When I put in the 3200 gov spring do I need to get any gaskets???
Also I see that there is an arm to grind on in the pump, what happens when this is done,(what are the benifits). When I turned in my pump screw it only went about 2.5 turns and comes up tight, yes I have the lock collar off, just wondered If it was supposed to be able to go in more and something is holding against it. Does making your own intake tube help alot, right now I have a K&N stock replacement and am looking at modifing the stock air box if anything else. Thanks for all the help so far, hope I'm not to anyoing for a newbie. They just diddn't teach us all the cool stuff in Diesel Mechanics at the college.

Thanks,

Owen
Old 02-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by np205
When I put in the 3200 gov spring do I need to get any gaskets???
Nope.
Also I see that there is an arm to grind on in the pump, what happens when this is done,(what are the benifits).
You get more power, and you get a lot of smoke under low/no boost conditions unless you are very careful with the throttle. Don't do it if the truck is a tow rig. Don't do it if you are getting big injectors, either.
When I turned in my pump screw it only went about 2.5 turns and comes up tight, yes I have the lock collar off, just wondered If it was supposed to be able to go in more and something is holding against it.
Did you clean up the threads where the collar was?
Does making your own intake tube help alot, right now I have a K&N stock replacement and am looking at modifing the stock air box if anything else.
Not really. Many of us did it just because the stock intake hose kept falling off the dang BHAF.
Thanks for all the help so far, hope I'm not to anyoing for a newbie. They just diddn't teach us all the cool stuff in Diesel Mechanics at the college.

Thanks,

Owen
They don't have an "Unauthorized Tampering" course?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, my shop teacher was kinda the moderator on not getting into it to much, even though he could he didn't want use going out and making time bomb's, go figure.

I think I cleaned up the threads, I'll check again.

I've got some POD's on the way, more fun for next week