1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

more help....anyone answer!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
more help....anyone answer!!!!!!!

ok so i got my donor wh1c with the snapped shaft in the mail. i tool it all apart and i plan on putting the compressor housing on my h1c and the exhaust housing on my h1c. i have alot of quesitons though. how do i hook up the waste gate? ive seen guys with like an elbow coming out of the compressor housing and a 8 inch piece of line running form that to the waste gate. is that what i do or something else? will my sock down pipe fit? can i mia the silencer ring on this turbo or is that a no go? will my stock intake hose fit and will my stock intake hose off the airbox fit? and how do i set the boost pressure for the wastegate to open. ny friend has a 94 with the wastegated hx35. when u tromp it and it hits 10-12 psi and u let off u will hear it flutter open...... i want that because im 17 and like noise!!!! but is it the most efficiant way?
Old 08-10-2007, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not quite understanding what you are trying to do?
Are you trying to change out the exaust 21cm housing with the 18 cm housing?
Did the Wh1c come with a 12cm wg housing on it?

Greg
Old 08-10-2007, 12:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
[QUOTE=dodgethis91cmns;1641304]ok so i got my donor wh1c with the snapped shaft in the mail. i tool it all apart and i plan on putting the compressor housing on my h1c and the exhaust housing on my h1c. i have alot of quesitons though.

how do i hook up the waste gate? ive seen guys with like an elbow coming out of the compressor housing and a 8 inch piece of line running form that to the waste gate. is that what i do or something else?

it simply needs a manifold pressure (boost) reference. One of the 1/8'' NPT holes on the side of the intake manifold would work nicely.

will my sock down pipe fit?

yes, but the entire exhaust system will have to be pushed backwards about 1.5 inches. Sometime can be a real pita.

can i mia the silencer ring on this turbo or is that a no go?

yup, if it's there, you can take it off.

will my stock intake hose fit and will my stock intake hose off the airbox fit?

it should, though I've never tried.

and how do i set the boost pressure for the wastegate to open.

are you running stock injectors? if so, leave the wastegate reference hose un-hooked. Should drive real nice

ny friend has a 94 with the wastegated hx35. when u tromp it and it hits 10-12 psi and u let off u will hear it flutter open...... i want that because im 17 and like noise!!!!

sounds like your friend is barking the turbo---probably a 5speed truck? It's a cool sound, but a snapped turbo shaft will result before long....
QUOTE]

You will have to put the wheel from the broken WH1C on your turbo, as it matches the size of the compressor housing. They are reverse threads and must be torqued to spec with an inch-pound torque wrench that will read torque in both directions.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:58 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
I have the WH1C on my truck. If you have the compressor housing with the flange to connect to the intercooler then you'll need to grind it off and use a 2-1/2 to 2 inch hose adapter to connect it to the stock crossover. You can check out my picture gallery to see how I did it. You need to change the wheel as well as the housing however.

Yes. moving the stock downpipe back is a real pain but it's doable. Make sure you still have enough space between it and the firewall. If it's to close you may want to consider cutting a section out of the DP to gain more clearance.

Edwin