1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Love this site!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 09:05 PM

Received 96 Likes on 64 Posts
Love this site!!!!

I want to thank everyone on here! My dad and older brother had me hooked on these 16yrs ago when they both bought new first gens. Neither truck they own has ever been aftermarket 'ed' up! Besides me putting a mopar tranny cooler and tach on my dads truck its bone stock and in awesome 70k condition! At 22 I bought my first a 1992 W250, cc, 5spd with 88k on it! I drove this truck until I wrecked it and sold it off to buy my current baby! My dually is my pride and joy! Now between my dad, brother, and I we currently have 5 first gen diesels! Aswell as a 1992 RC, D150, and my brother also owns a 1999 3500! I want to continue to add parts to make it as bad as it looks! A 60mm spinwheel and 16cm housing is in its future. I want to thank everyone on here! This site is awesome! I have never met other first gen lovers like my family! But to be able to read from other mistakes and get honest and helpful advice is priceless!!!!! Plus I am sure we have all been on sites were people are just mean and inconsiderate! We all start somewhere! Its not important when or where but just that we all share a pasion for first gens! I think it totally seperates us from any other yrs! Not to sound wierd but thank you all!

Robert
Old 01-13-2009, 09:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to have you and your beatiful truck on the forum. me and my dad both LOVE THIS forum and the people on it.

Your truck would look much more nice without them running boards IMHO,

,Brandon
Old 01-13-2009, 09:49 PM
366 Spring Chicken

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Wanna keeps it clean.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are different and addictive. I've always liked diesels but once I started adding power for little or no money that was it, I was hooked. The feeling you get when you ease into the throttle in 3rd gear and the rear tires break loose is sweet.

Start cranking already, with normal hand tools and a 13mm s-wrench you can double the engine power FREE................
Old 01-13-2009, 09:58 PM

i couldnt agree with ya more... i love this site too.

p.s. instead of "aftermarket 'ed' up" say "bombed" its easier to type and means the same thing.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:52 PM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Crossy's son
Your truck would look much more nice without them running boards IMHO,

,Brandon

That sounds like a fifteen-year-old remark----how old are you ??

Keep the running-boards; they are a first step toward real class.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:56 PM
alwaysonDTR

Originally Posted by BearKiller

and they protect the rocker panels really well
Old 01-13-2009, 11:08 PM

On a dually they do even more to protect the fenders from rock damage!!!

I wouldn't take mine off...
Old 01-13-2009, 11:22 PM

i agree! when i got my cummins about 3 months ago, i started looking around online for info about it. i came across this site and loving it and the generosity of the people here! i have refered a few of my friends with cummins 2 check the site out. and keep the running boards they look good on yours!
thanks again! david
Old 01-14-2009, 01:10 AM

Ya this board is sweet! I hang around a couple other boards to fuel my car addiction, the crew here is by far my favorite. Oh ya, thanks guys!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:21 AM
alwaysonDTR

this site is awsome, you can read about trucks talk to people and share information in a freindly manner, without seeing foul language. sure makes it easier to read the info to someone without haveing to edit on the fly.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:08 AM

Times Two With Freight Trains 1st Post! It's hard to believe so much info is available here with so much tact. I've asked some stupid questions from a mechanics viewpoint, but always get a polite answer. I love to learn and taking these things apart and sticking them back together is rewarding. It would be more difficult without this site. Thanx Again to Wanna and all of you!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BearKiller

15 years old.

I like the "bars" or black running boards more then the alum. running "boards", like what comes stock on a third gen. IMHO- in my humble opinion

Old 01-14-2009, 04:19 PM

Received 96 Likes on 64 Posts
I said my dad and brothers trucks have never been messed with. Mine on the other hand has some goodies! I do like nerf bars better than running boards! But my rockers are like the day it rolled off the assembly line! Why mess with a good protector, especially with the BFG mudders I have on it now! Keep an eye out guys I have a heavy duty front bumper coming! As soon as its on I am taking it down to a local spring works and having the front springs arched to even it out. They also said they can take out the small spring and add a beefy big spring in its place to keep its front up where it belongs! I want to wait until I have the bumper on it because it ways over 200lbs! But it looks awesome!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by freight train
Plus I am sure we have all been on sites were people are just mean and inconsiderate! We all start somewhere!
Originally Posted by Rafter B
It's hard to believe so much info is available here with so much tact. I've asked some stupid questions from a mechanics viewpoint, but always get a polite answer.
I'm glad we've been able to keep this kind of atmosphere here as the site has grown. It's what drew me to DTR in the first place. I think my first question here was "Should I buy a non-intercooled truck or wait for an intercooled truck?" Like freight train said - "We all start somewhere."

If you want to hack me off, just tell a newbie "Do a search."

Originally Posted by Richie O
Wanna keeps it clean.
That's another unique thing about DTR - we actually mean it when we say "No foul language." Most folks take the hint when a big ol' edit shows up in their post, but a few require a little more persuasion. I've been accused of being a prude, a ****, and even a Mormon Sunday School teacher while enforcing the language rule, but anybody who's met me knows I'm none of the above. There's just no reason old diesel Dodges can't be discussed without cussing - although expletives are almost mandatory while actually working on them.

Thanks for all the kind words but this site would not be what it is without all of you.

Quick Reply: Love this site!!!!