1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Leaking injector pump

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaking injector pump

Hey ya'll, I just bought a 89 Dodge 250 diesel 4x4 about a month ago and I love the truck, I the only thing that would make it better is if it was a 5 speed but ya can't have everything. The only problem that I have is my injector pump started leaking, It's not too bad of a leak but it'll still leave a good sized puddle if you let it set and idle. I was wondering if this is an automatic pump rebuild or is it just a seal or sumthin? It is leaking right behind the the injector lines on the bottom of the pump. It not the lines themselves but it's the thing that the lines come out of that's leaking, It kinda looks like a block that's Allen screwed to the back of the pump. I ran some injector cleaner through there not long after i got the truck and the pump started leaking not long after that, I think that might have started it leaking? Or it could just be old. The guy I got it from said that it had 308,000 some miles on it and nothing had been touched that he was aware of. It still runs good doesn't miss or nothin just leaks fuel. Any help would be appreciated. Also where can I get a repair manual for these trucks or did they have them? Thanks for the help, sorry for the long post. TractorMike
Old 10-01-2006, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is a reseal kit avalible for cheap! Haven't dun is so can't help you there but some one should chime in soon

by the way WELCOME TractorMike

Allso check the sticky above theres a lot of grate stuff there
Old 10-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
If you haven't had an injection pump apart before you should have it rebuilt. With that kind of mileage there are some worn parts in there anyway.