1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.
View Poll Results: Which weekend
June 2
11.76%
June 9
41.18%
June 16
17.65%
June 23
17.65%
June 30
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Kentucky 1st Gen meet is On!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be willing to caravan. leaving s.e. luiziana through birmingham and north from there. should be at least 2 trucks from down here. as far as the event, i wouldn't be willing to beat on my truck (dyno or pulling) knowing i have a 14 hour drive home. long walk if i break something. i wouldn't mind paying a gate fee (maybe up to $20 or so). keep it going.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:39 PM

1st Generation RoundUp

I may just be able to make it.
I'm transferring out to retirement this spring and headed to my home of selection (HOS) up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC.
I should be in the neighborhood sometime...
What are you guys gonna do if a 75 'Binder rolls in?
Give me a chance to open the hood and show the CTD with getrag before you hunt up a rope and find a stout tree, will you?

dumptruck200
Old 02-02-2007, 03:07 PM

i wouldnt be madd at gate fee. Im up for what ever just as long as their is a lot!!!!!of smoke.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:43 PM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by tboling
Guys I have been looking over the options,for the meet. I so far I know there will be 32 first gen truck's not sure on the members count. I wanted to make were no one had spend any money because lots of u have come a long way to get here. So Im asking what would u rather have? A simple meet, or a Diesel Day with 1st gens as the star trucks. With a dyno and truck pull I have to use Tollsboro Fair grounds for that. So their would be a place to have the pull,I have not checked on the Tollsboro ground's yet. I have the Ewing grounds wich is in Fleming County but there is no place for a speed pull. Tollsboro is just out side Fleming County in Lewis County. The thing is it will cost ever one to get in the event. Guys what are your thoughts? I need feed back Thanks

In my own humble opinion, I think a simple picnic/camping swap-meet kind of a gathering would be more to the liking of most and more family oriented and laid back.

As someone has already stated, not many are going to be interested it jerking their truck in two, then having to somehow get back home.

I will probably be there, whatever is decided; but, I honestly believe the picnic/camping/ swap-meet will appeal to larger numbers of us.

I am just glad you are willing to take this on and host it.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:42 PM

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
I'll be on an all summer vacation pulling my trailer so no way would I want to chance hurting my truck so I am happy with a laid back swap meet/ picnic/ good old fashion get together but I will be willing to pay a gate fee if needed. I am flexible on it. As long as I have a place to park the RV for the weekend.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:01 AM
KRB

Received 527 Likes on 366 Posts
Count me in, and possibly my dad ('93CTD). I drove six hours for SOP and it was great. Flemingsburg is practically in my back yard so it would be hard not to go.

I would rather start with a camping/picnic/pig roast thing and progress to duel events with a sled etc. If the first get together is nothing but us 1st gens then we can get to know each other and start planning for something bigger that would involve those "other" weird people with more valves and funny brand names, etc.

But a dyno woould still be nice...

I like the swap meet idea plus a chance to look at everybody's truck and see the mods. What I really liked at SOP was the repair sessions! Anybody coming that can/will run through a repair or mod for the others? That was great.

June 9 weekend is the 20th anniversary of the Power Wagon Ralley in Iowa, but I guess I could miss that for this. Might have to trailer the Power Wagon to Flemingsburg though, she's already geared up for the Iowa trail rides and I'd hate to disappoint her!

I'm close enough that I could help with some prep work, pig roats, etc. just let me know. Putting up hay would be the only complicating factor.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:15 AM

I like the camping, eating and swap meet thing myself. Not into pulling, I like to watch but would rather meet and greet the first time like KRB said. I would be willing to help with some repair sessions.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:05 PM

Question Hey guys

I was thinking more on the lines of a meet kind deal my self. I think that is what, will Do it would just be better for ever one. If we have good turn out I would think of going bigger next year. Thanks for the input, That's what I need to hear from guys. About the camping,I have no place for power outlet of water for the campers. The deal is I live on a farm,an pay rent on just a house not the land. That make's it hard on the water and power, bath rooms. But I can get the land to use, no cost thats the good part. Well do u guys think I should have it at a field house? But the down to this is it could only for one day, that would make it hard lots u. I was trying to set this up were u guys that came a long way could spend the night. Thanks
Old 02-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by tboling
I was thinking more on the lines of a meet kind deal my self. I think that is what, will Do it would just be better for ever one. If we have good turn out I would think of going bigger next year. Thanks for the input, That's what I need to hear from guys. About the camping,I have no place for power outlet of water for the campers. The deal is I live on a farm,an pay rent on just a house not the land. That make's it hard on the water and power, bath rooms. But I can get the land to use, no cost thats the good part. Well do u guys think I should have it at a field house? But the down to this is it could only for one day, that would make it hard lots u. I was trying to set this up were u guys that came a long way could spend the night. Thanks
How big of city is Flemingsburg? Is there hotels and stuff nearby?
I am not much of a camper.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:27 PM

eat, drink and be marry...................no sled, in my opinion.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:27 PM

flemingsburg isn't really that big of a place there are no hotels but plenty of places to eat, there are hotels in maysville however, which is a short commute of about 15 min's. im all up for having it in the field we just need to get things lined out theres no electricity or water down there, but plenty of room. and i really dont think between travis and i we can house everyone. it would be nice to know how many people plan on attending so we can get a general idea of how much food, drink and acerage to provide for. i really like the idea of a swap meet, and i really like the idea of a tech session. just everyone keep in mind that this is our first event, and if u have any ideas or improvements please let us know
Old 02-03-2007, 09:00 PM

How much land do you have? Enough that trucks on a mobile dyno won't tick off the neighbors, or would you need to rent the fairgrounds in order to do the dyno? I might be in for the dyno, but no sledpulling with my first gen...

Chris
Old 02-04-2007, 10:43 AM

Thumbs up Info

There is around 70 acres of farm land to use a more if needed. Fccparts is the the owner of the farm land. I belive the dyno can be done, how many of u will run the dyno? if we had one. It cost $75.00 for 3 dyno pulls we can't have Dunbar come all the way from IN for nothing. If your coming to the event for sure send me a PM on the site so we will Know how many to account for. So ever one will have plenty eat drink and room, I belive I can get the restrooms taken care of. Like Fccparts said the hotels are 15 min away in maysville KY. There is one small bed an breakfast in Flemingsburg. Thanks guys please bare with me!
Old 02-04-2007, 04:42 PM

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
Most of us who pull campers will have our own water, sewer tanks and power. I will probably bring my generator also for charging camper batteries and A/C if it is hot enough to need it. I will be there if nothing drastic happens on my way so count me in. Are there any campgrounds close by if we need it? Just an idea.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:38 PM

i would think anyone that wanted to camp could find somewhere close enough. nothing fancy but there should be something within 30-45 min. i like the idea of more laid back with the sweet sounds of a dyno nearby.

Quick Reply: Kentucky 1st Gen meet is On!