1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.
View Poll Results: Which weekend
June 2
11.76%
June 9
41.18%
June 16
17.65%
June 23
17.65%
June 30
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Kentucky 1st Gen meet is On!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may try to make it too. It is a busy time of the year for me but I will see what I can do.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:07 PM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts

Besides myself and wife, I have seven 1st Gen. drivers that will be up for it, providing it doesn't interfere with one of there many antique tractor meets.

Nine of us will make a decent convoy.

Is this going to be a big pot-luck, homemade cakes and cookies, chicken-and-dumplings kind of thing??

Old 01-31-2007, 07:19 PM

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
One of the last two weekends in June will work for me. I will be traveling from Florida to Ohio and back during June and July but have a lot of stops planned so late June would be great. Looks like it is only about 3 hours from Pomeroy Ohio where I will be about then so I can pull the trailer over from Ohio to there. Really hope to make it as this many 1st Gens would be a blast.
I just noticed that most people are looking at the 9th, I could re-route andcome there first and mabe make it that soon, I'll try anyway.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel
I added an actual poll for you. I don't think I can make it, 9 hours 40 minutes is a long haul.
Come on now 10 hours is nothing for a 1st gen.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:52 PM

I was in carlisle visiting the inlaws this weekend.I actually posted about how many first gen trucks I saw between paris and richmond. I will try to make it. I go through Maysville to carlisle so it looks like it is between the two.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by BearKiller
Nine of us will make a decent convoy.

Update that to a convoy of eleven; I just thought of two more trucks.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:15 AM

I'll definitely be there....cannot wait to see a bunch of first gens together, man this is gonna be sweet. .....think of the noise...alll the deep rumbling. ky might lose some powerchokes due to this meet. hope to see a massive turnout. redwake
Old 02-01-2007, 04:51 PM

Heres a thought

My girlfriend is wanting to have a fundraiser during our first gen diesel meet. She wants to have some good food and alot of black smoke. All the proceeds will be split 50/50 for cancer research studies and St. Jude Childrens research center. (shes in the medical profession) she is going to try and get some really nice raffle items and prizes. However we will have to hold it at a local fairground, where insurance is available Hopefully we will have a dynometer available and some diesel performance vendors! Anybody have any thoughts or input?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:59 PM

Why would you need insurance.

People who drive 1st Gen. trucks, as a general rule, are not into having accidents on purpose and suing people, are they??
Old 02-01-2007, 05:27 PM

Thumbs up

No it's not that,were wanting to have a dyno and a truck pull! if not it will be first gen meet at my place still.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:46 PM

I talked to my buddie Chris porter in west terre haute in. He has a dyno and would be interested in bringing it down.If you want him to let me know and we can work out the details.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:51 PM

I don't know if I can make it or not. I mean its a long 15 minute drive from Sharpsburg KY (just moved) I never knew I lived so close to another DTR member
DM01
Old 02-02-2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by rlyons
One of the last two weekends in June will work for me. I will be traveling from Florida to Ohio and back during June and July but have a lot of stops planned so late June would be great. Looks like it is only about 3 hours from Pomeroy Ohio where I will be about then so I can pull the trailer over from Ohio to there. Really hope to make it as this many 1st Gens would be a blast.
I just noticed that most people are looking at the 9th, I could re-route andcome there first and mabe make it that soon, I'll try anyway.
rlyons, looks like 3 hrs or so, if you want to meet somewhere we can have a mini-convoy. June is good as school is out for the summer. Just took a job driving school bus.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by PeytonMaterne
rlyons, looks like 3 hrs or so, if you want to meet somewhere we can have a mini-convoy. June is good as school is out for the summer. Just took a job driving school bus.
Ok we will stay in touch, depends on if I get to Ohio by then, if not then I may go straight from here to KY. My wife is a school teacher and I am retired military so that is why we go in the summer also.
Roy
Old 02-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Question Still working out the bugs!

Guys I have been looking over the options,for the meet. I so far I know there will be 32 first gen truck's not sure on the members count. I wanted to make were no one had spend any money because lots of u have come a long way to get here. So Im asking what would u rather have? A simple meet, or a Diesel Day with 1st gens as the star trucks. With a dyno and truck pull I have to use Tollsboro Fair grounds for that. So their would be a place to have the pull,I have not checked on the Tollsboro ground's yet. I have the Ewing grounds wich is in Fleming County but there is no place for a speed pull. Tollsboro is just out side Fleming County in Lewis County. The thing is it will cost ever one to get in the event. Guys what are your thoughts? I need feed back Thanks

Quick Reply: Kentucky 1st Gen meet is On!