1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

I really hate these kind of people.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya when i lived in New Orleans, first thing you did when you woke up in the morning if you parked your vehicle outside was to see if it was there and if anything was missing. Don't miss the place.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:26 PM

Been to Orleans it didn't seem that bad I wasn't always in the good areas either
Old 12-20-2011, 05:26 AM
KRB

Received 523 Likes on 363 Posts
Both videos look identical. The way he drove in, turned around. Parked in the same place, got out & went straight to the bed both times. Almost like he had scoped it out before since he cruised right in & stopped.

Has a short memory doesn't he?
Old 12-22-2011, 09:36 PM

I had this happen to me once too. It happened 2 years ago and I had my tools in the back of my truck over $1,000 in tools was taken and the tools had my name engraved and written on them they were mostly power tools and wrenches, sockets. But I had my tools loaded in my truck for work the next day and I wake up got ready and went out to the truck and everything was missing. And where I live my neighbors house was broken into once and other than that it is a safe place. So a month goes by and then I get a knock on my door and its my friend. He said he needs to talk to me so he tells me that he took my tools! He said is very sorry and he had them in the back of his truck. He gave them all back but I told him if he needed or ever needs them than just ask me! I never expected him to take my tools because I have never seen him or ever heard of him taking things. But we are still friends and at least now he ask if he can borrow my tools. But I have learned my lesson that you can't even trust your friends and now I lock all my tools up in my garage and I just wake up earlier and load my tools in my truck.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:31 AM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by 93dodgeW250CTD
I had this happen to me once too......

I get a knock on my door and its my friend. He said he needs to talk to me so he tells me that he took my tools! He said is very sorry and he had them in the back of his truck. He gave them all back but I told him if he needed or ever needs them than just ask me!

But we are still friends and at least now he ask if he can borrow my tools. But I have learned my lesson that you can't even trust your friends and now I lock all my tools up in my garage and I just wake up earlier and load my tools in my truck.

That's wacked man ! Either you're a saint or crazy. I've heard of keeping your friends close, and your enemies closer, but once you touch my tools, you're dead to me.... My tools are my life blood, and how I make my living.

OTOH, if he handed me $1000 in cash, and said, he borrowed them to make a wad of money, I might reconsider...

T.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:03 PM

Just to let you know, Jim, concealed carry permits are on a county-to-county basis. I don't know what the laws are down there in Orange County, but up her in Shasta County there issuing permits like crazy. You'd be welcome up here, man.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
What part of S. Cali do you live? I just moved here
Old 12-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by jesussaves
What part of S. Cali do you live? I just moved here
Covina, between the I-10 and I-210 freeways off Highway-39.

Jim
Old 12-24-2011, 10:52 AM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by roysleight
Just to let you know, Jim, concealed carry permits are on a county-to-county basis. I don't know what the laws are down there in Orange County, but up her in Shasta County there issuing permits like crazy. You'd be welcome up here, man.
When I took an NRA instructed CCW permit class, I was told that California doesn't allow conceal/carry anywhere, period, if the weapon is loaded.

BTW, I have 2 permits, one from Utah and the other from Arizona. The state of Nevada has a shooting requirement in order to get a permit and you can only carry THAT weapon you certify with. Any other weapon you wish to carry requires a fee in order to do so. However, the Arizona CCW permit is accepted in Nevada and another 34 states. The Utah permit is accepted in 31, IIRC.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Los Angeles County it is impossible to get a permit unless you are married to the police chief, but in San Bernardino it is as simple as a background check and paying your fees. I could get one less that 7 miles from where I live.

Jim
Old 12-24-2011, 01:25 PM

Somebody gave you some bad information Jim. Here's a link that might be informative.
http://www.californiaconcealedcarry.com/counties.html
Old 12-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Administrator

What is the bad information?
My son lives in San Bernardino County and has a CCW , he applied and recieved it shortly after my ordeal.

Jim
Old 12-24-2011, 05:22 PM

I should've been clearer. I was telling jimbo486 that what he was told was incorrect.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Received 565 Likes on 414 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim Lane
What is the bad information?
My son lives in San Bernardino County and has a CCW , he applied and recieved it shortly after my ordeal.

Jim
Here in Sand Land, it is illegal to not have a concealed weapon......Mark
Old 12-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by maybe368
Here in Sand Land, it is illegal to not have a concealed weapon......Mark
Hey I could deal with that.

Jim

Quick Reply: I really hate these kind of people.