1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

I really hate these kind of people.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 05:19 PM
KRB

Received 523 Likes on 363 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim Lane
Unfortunately on 04/28/2004 while I was installing surveillance system, I walked out to my truck and I was ambushed by 2 blacks on crack, had a gun to my head and pinned me to the back of my truck, they got about $80.00 cash and my cell phone and tried to get my keys then they got spooked and ran away but not before he shot me 6 times from about 4 feet, 3 missed and hit my truck and 3 hit me in the back luckly it was a .22.

Instant tunnel vision and super senses, I could hear every faint sound and smell every minute smell, I could hear him breathing, It is amazing how Fight of Flight will help you survive.

The police said they had just robbed and shot someone 15 minuets before me.

Jim
Holy CRAP!

Why are you still there? Now I realize there is no paranoia - just self preservation!

With out getting personal I assume work or family keeps you there - or the fact that the property is not very marketable now? Doesn't matter.

I'm with 1STGENFARMBOY, there's plenty of good places in America still. Around here we notice ANY vehicle we don't know and regularly call neighbors when we see a strange car (usually family or friends). We leave keys in the trucks in case neighbors or family need to borrow them...

But on the other hand, if you cut and run then you have given in to them. Man Jim, I admire you but unfortunately couldn't be you. Glad you lived to tell about your ambush. More power to you.

Keep the faith and know we'd have your back if we were neighbors.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately on 04/28/2004 while I was installing surveillance system, I walked out to my truck and I was ambushed by 2 blacks on crack, had a gun to my head and pinned me to the back of my truck, they got about $80.00 cash and my cell phone and tried to get my keys then they got spooked and ran away but not before he shot me 6 times from about 4 feet, 3 missed and hit my truck and 3 hit me in the back luckly it was a .22.

Instant tunnel vision and super senses, I could hear every faint sound and smell every minute smell, I could hear him breathing, It is amazing how Fight of Flight will help you survive.

Jim

Holy Smokes!

Glad your okay.

This is why Wife-a-roni and I carry a gun ALL THE TIME!

I really do not want to be another victum of a crime by some thug who has a rap sheet as long as my arm and is constantly set free to do it over and over again.

It is pure madness.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jim
Jim, although I have never met you, but would like to some day, and I know you have fun hooking up all those gizmos and doo daads, but its time to get out of those areas. With the local dealers sitting up just down the street and the economy on the slump, ya might want to consider getting out of there.
Just sayin'
Old 12-14-2011, 08:41 PM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by slatemd
Holy Smokes!

Glad your okay.

I really do not want to be another victum of a crime by some thug who has a rap sheet as long as my arm and is constantly set free to do it over and over again.

It is pure madness.
Unfortunately, we in California can't LEGALLY conceal/carry a loaded gun. We're legally allowed to open carry only as long as the gun is unloaded. But what good does that do when you find yourself in a predicament like what Jim went through?! This state is being driven into the ground and hard!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:36 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by slatemd

In NY ? According to what I read, NYC is a "no issue" jurisdiction. Do you have a " Restricted Business Carry License", as most licenses issued in New York City are for on-premises possession only, for self-defense within the home or business. It's extremely difficult to get a carry permit here, and that's why I ask....

And I'm telling your wife you're calling her a wife-a-roni.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:53 PM

[QUOTE=NJTman;3053746]In NY ? According to what I read, NYC is a "no issue" jurisdiction. Do you have a " Restricted Business Carry License", as most licenses issued in New York City are for on-premises possession only, for self-defense within the home or business. It's extremely difficult to get a carry permit here, and that's why I ask....

This is why I love Idaho
Old 12-14-2011, 10:30 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by Farmboy12357
[..

This is why I love Idaho
If I wasn't married, I wouldn't be NJTman any longer.... I'd be ....

Well..... anywhere but here..... Tman

T.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:01 PM

SoCal is a zoo, but I imagine it's the same in any heavily populated area.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
In NY ? According to what I read, NYC is a "no issue" jurisdiction. Do you have a " Restricted Business Carry License", as most licenses issued in New York City are for on-premises possession only, for self-defense within the home or business. It's extremely difficult to get a carry permit here, and that's why I ask....

And I'm telling your wife you're calling her a wife-a-roni.

Full carry my brother.

I don't screw around (that much anyway.......)

Be carefull approaching "she who must be obeyed" for she carrys a Smith 5-shot hammerless 357 mag with a 2 1/8" barrel..........

Its a bute.........
Old 12-15-2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by jimbo486
Unfortunately, we in California can't LEGALLY conceal/carry a loaded gun. We're legally allowed to open carry only as long as the gun is unloaded. But what good does that do when you find yourself in a predicament like what Jim went through?! This state is being driven into the ground and hard!

No disrespect to you, but your state is whacked out!

Open carry but without ammo?

You've got to be kidding me!

Good grief.

Read the book "Mexifornia". It is happening at an alarming rate.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:31 PM
1st Generation Admin

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
In all seriousness, yesterday the brown truck dropped off two video security systems. One for the girls house, one for the boy's.

In a certain light, it's kinda sad for a Christmas present.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
If I ever get a flight out to CA, I'll look you up. You'll know I've been there, because your truck alarm will be going off, and your triple pod will be missing !

NJTman, I'd hate to have you get into a run-in with Jim so see if these are the gauge pods that you're looking for. I can't see the picture that you were looking at but I seem to recall that his was a triple-pod across the top of the dash.

Jim, sorry to hear that the scum continue to try to steal from you.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:41 PM

[QUOTE Jim, sorry to hear that the scum continue to try to steal from you.[/QUOTE]

They must view him as a challenge.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by jimbo486
This is so true, as much as I like to think of the things that I could have done, in my situation unless I had my gun in my hand, there was nothing, I was ambushed.
Even cops with all the weapons at their side get ambushed.

What happened was I walked out of a lighted area to my truck where it was dark and one of the blacks said "Hey have you got the time?" being a nice guy I looked down at my cell phone and within an instant they were on me with a gun stuck to my head

I did have a bad feeling about the situation, one of those Oh Crap moments you are like startled, angry, cant believe it is happening to me but a million things are going through your mind at the moment, I remember they kept calling me the N word and I could hear they were tweaking, they were really jumpy and one kept shoving me while they were going through my pockets then when I felt they were leaving I backed up and started to turn my head and they was when I heard the action of the gun I heard 6 shots but only felt 2 maybe 3 the rest of them hit the back of my truck somewhere then they ran off into the dark from where they had came.

Afterwards I just stood there for a few seconds letting the world catch up again and I remember feeling and looking down at my chest for blood and then thinking to myself you are breathing and you are not gurgling so it must not have hit my lungs so after my self triage I figured I was still here I went back into the apartment I had been installing the system in and said Gracie, could you call 911 I just got shot and she was laughing and said something like oh sure you did so I pulled off my t shirt and turned to her when she saw the bullet holes she fainted away onto the couch so the husband called 911 for me.
The police came and could not believe I was standing there talking to them after what had happened.

I remember calling my wife and telling her I am all right but I got shot but I am all right, I will be home soon.

Then I went to the hospital, it is amazing how fast they call you in when you are the good person with a gunshot , went right in.

I have been shot at while driving a transit coach through Los Angeles but most all of them have at one time or another.

No I am not paranoid over what happened but this is just my nature,
I will never let anyone drive next to me for more than a second on the freeway, I will back off to let them get ahead and we always sit to the back of the seat, try to never be leaning forward in the seat is someone is passing you.

Here in So Cal we have had a lot of freeway shootings.

And I still think we live in a good neighborhood.

Jim
Old 12-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by 12valve@heart
NJTman, I'd hate to have you get into a run-in with Jim so see if these are the gauge pods that you're looking for. I can't see the picture that you were looking at but I seem to recall that his was a triple-pod across the top of the dash.

Jim, sorry to hear that the scum continue to try to steal from you.
After looking at many videos we are almost positive it is the same person both times.

BUT WHY?
Why wait 3 years, was he in jail?

All of his actions are the same, we just cannot figure out who he is.
Check the way he runs after the alarm goes off.

Normally stuff like this goes on and they do break in but I won't give in without a fight.

The next street behind me got hit by thieves with battery powered sawzalls and stoled the catalytic converters out of the cars and trucks, that must have made some noise but nobody came out.

BTW those gauge pods look like mine except I got mine from Banks and it has a base plate that fits the contour of the dash then that sits on the base.

I have a picture of the base plate somewhere I can show you.

Jim

Quick Reply: I really hate these kind of people.