1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

I really hate these kind of people.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 05:24 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jim,

You might get with the sheriff's dept and help them rig a Bait Truck w/ Tools.

Just a thought.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate those people too they should be shot not killed necessarily but shot. Then again that would increase my taxes just kill em.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Jim,

That's freaking amazing that you have that many "eyes" around your home. I loved the earthquake videos, as that's something we don't get very often..... well, almost never.

They Video with the stealth bomber was really slick. I've never seen one of those in person, never mind in flight.

just for the record....

I wasn't downplaying any of your equipment. it's just that whenever you see these videos of "crimes in progress", you never really seem to be able to see the person perpetrating .... or at least a clear shot of them. Really bums me out when people get away with acts like this, and never really pay for their crimes.

Really sad that your neighborhood is that way as it appears to be well maintained and cared about..... or even more so, you being a target.... so to speak.

If I was in your position, I doubt I'd ever get any sleep, and I'd have lots of plastic sheeting on my grounds so that when my silenced pistol accidentally went off, I could wrap up the mess without getting much all over the place...
(in fantasy thoughts, anyway)

Wish you the best and hope you stop having these issues.

If I ever get a flight out to CA, I'll look you up. You'll know I've been there, because your truck alarm will be going off, and your triple pod will be missing !

Old 12-13-2011, 11:48 PM

Sad thing even out in a little village of 460 where I just moved from there was and is theft and vandalism regularly and I know alot of the kids that do it and repeat it for no apparent reason other than just fun like they went to a sausage factory there and broke the windows on all the delivery trucks and then stole a truck from a old guy who died before the kids trial sadly and stole a car and took another guys brothers car and did a few grand of damage to it just for a hoot and another kid stole money from the library and school and then next day at school waves the money around and its pretty obvious what he did most of the kids are so dumb when they do it they don't think lol and I always lock my vehicles and house cause you never know what can happen hope things get better jim or you catch him and give him a good dose of american honesty with a crowbar!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:51 AM

As the economy gets worse, crime goes up.
I am always vigilant about security at my home and shop (I live in the burbs, but you can NEVER be too careful!)
Cameras, locks, and Glocks work for me (don’t forget the killer Beagle.)
I glad you did not get robbed Jim.

Doc
Old 12-14-2011, 06:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 93-12Smoke
I deal with these kind of people on a daily basis and I still can't grasp how someone can purposely set out to steal from another person. Crimes of convenience I get, put to decide at 3 or 4 in the morning to go break into something is just jacked up. Some people are truly just full of evil.
That is their normal shift, the one they prefer because we normally are sleeping the deepest!
My nephew told me so!

Jim Lane has it figured out, surprise them right back and loudly!

Oh, and to them it isn't evil, it's a job. A source of income--tax free-- for their needs!

If you go and kill them unprevoked then you become like them and spend a lot of time digging holes. I'm tired of digging holes and need a back hoe.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:13 AM

I know exactly what your saying. I work nights and deal with these kinda people and their victims first hand. Its actually fun to hear them try to justify it. I am thankful that the great state of Texas is still for property owners rights.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:15 AM

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...y-t297810.html
Old 12-14-2011, 06:32 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Jim,

That's freaking amazing that you have that many "eyes" around your home. I loved the earthquake videos, as that's something we don't get very often..... well, almost never.

They Video with the stealth bomber was really slick. I've never seen one of those in person, never mind in flight.

just for the record....

I wasn't downplaying any of your equipment. it's just that whenever you see these videos of "crimes in progress", you never really seem to be able to see the person perpetrating .... or at least a clear shot of them. Really bums me out when people get away with acts like this, and never really pay for their crimes.

Really sad that your neighborhood is that way as it appears to be well maintained and cared about..... or even more so, you being a target.... so to speak.

If I was in your position, I doubt I'd ever get any sleep, and I'd have lots of plastic sheeting on my grounds so that when my silenced pistol accidentally went off, I could wrap up the mess without getting much all over the place...
(in fantasy thoughts, anyway)

Wish you the best and hope you stop having these issues.

If I ever get a flight out to CA, I'll look you up. You'll know I've been there, because your truck alarm will be going off, and your triple pod will be missing !

You ask if I have ever been burglarized before..

Yes I have, on 10-14-2008 another dirt bag tried to break into my truck and I just happen to have the video of that one too.

And now it gets even more interesting, as I looked at it closer the perps car looks almost identical from the side view as he turns in front of my house.

And here is the one from Monday. Notice that I added a camera that looks directly at my truck.

Here I was loading my truck to go to work and the trash Gypsy's walked onto my property and stoled my Craftsman Pipe Threading Tripod. The people were all illegals and the truck was registered out of Los Angeles more than 30 miles away.

I came tearing out of my house and got in their faces, suddenly they didn't speak any English.

I did get my property back, the ice cream man blocked him from driving away just like on Starsky and Hutch.

Jim
Old 12-14-2011, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by slatemd
As the economy gets worse, crime goes up.
I am always vigilant about security at my home and shop (I live in the burbs, but you can NEVER be too careful!)
Cameras, locks, and Glocks work for me (don’t forget the killer Beagle.)
I glad you did not get robbed Jim.

Doc
Unfortunately on 04/28/2004 while I was installing surveillance system, I walked out to my truck and I was ambushed by 2 blacks on crack, had a gun to my head and pinned me to the back of my truck, they got about $80.00 cash and my cell phone and tried to get my keys then they got spooked and ran away but not before he shot me 6 times from about 4 feet, 3 missed and hit my truck and 3 hit me in the back luckly it was a .22.

Instant tunnel vision and super senses, I could hear every faint sound and smell every minute smell, I could hear him breathing, It is amazing how Fight of Flight will help you survive.

The police said they had just robbed and shot someone 15 minuets before me.

Jim
Old 12-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KRB
Catching them does no good. They get right back out to do it again.

There's a towing company by the stockyard in Lexington near here. Two thugs tried to rob him at work. They came at him with a drawn gun. He drew his and got one in the belly. They left. If more armed citizens fought back things might change. A few innocent victims might get hurt in the process but thats happening now from the perps.
I'm with you all the way in your line of thinking. I've been ridiculed for saying that people should be required to provide for their own self defense and if that's the way things were, the world would turn into the 'wild west'. It's almost there now in terms of how many crimes are committed every day.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:31 AM

Received 138 Likes on 86 Posts
Good Lord Jim, why don't you move over here by me, my driveway is over 1/4 mile long with the only house within 1/2 mile is my 90 year old grandma, she is pretty mean though.

And if you do catch someone pilfering around you can shoot without beeing afraid of hitting an inocent bystander.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:54 AM

Yea Jim time to move I lived in cali about 10 years back and it wasn't that bad then
Old 12-14-2011, 10:58 AM
DTR Mom

geesh sorry to hear about all your experiences super Jim...

you said 'pharmecutical sales' so i guess that illegal drug activity is just ignored by any good neighbors that are left...

for anyone: dogs, motion lights, stickers for vehicles that say' unauthorized use will disable vehicle engine' (********, but in english and spanish)
magnetic drops (interrupt the current and a gate or steel bar drops) are all basic deterrants. heck, even a lawn irrigation system was useful for stopping a burglar....things they don't understand works well.

wow, beautiful area spoiled by idiots, Jim...

want NY state police decals for your truck?
Old 12-14-2011, 01:06 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim Lane
Unfortunately on 04/28/2004 while I was installing surveillance system, I walked out to my truck and I was ambushed by 2 blacks on crack,

The police said they had just robbed and shot someone 15 minuets before me.

Jim
Holy Crap, Jim....

What are you doing still there ? My god, man...... We can't lose you..

BTW,

FWIW.

I was discussing your situation with my wife yesterday. Unfortunately, the sub-conscious took effect, and we both woke up dreaming about our trucks being stolen.....

Take up one of the offers here, and get out of there. If not for yourself, and your family, at least for the guys here who need you and your wealth of information in that head of yours.

Geesh ! Who'd a thought that it was that bad there....

T.

Quick Reply: I really hate these kind of people.