1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

I really hate these kind of people.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
I really hate these kind of people.

Another Southern California crack head leaves empty handed.

I was interrupted again this morning when this dirt bag thought he would help himself to my tools.

He came in the early morning around the time the newspaper is delivered so I wasn't paying too much attention to him being stopped behind my truck.

I called the Sheriff and they were here in about 5 minuets, I gave them a picture of the car making a u-turn right in front of my house, he said it looks like a Subaru.

I hope he still feeling the pain from a dose of my 130db 30-watt siren directly inside the back window.

The guy probably just stoled the nice reflective shoes.

This neighborhood is really getting bad.

Jim
Old 12-13-2011, 12:13 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
apparently I can't read. Good thing he didn't make off with the truck!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is why I Love my Dog she's a Hybred shepard/wolf and so far wolf trump's Pit bull's times 3 and several other's and when she goes off I come out the door with a Cocked n locked ready to go SW 45 cal so far she has handled everything with a smile she likes a challenge .
Old 12-13-2011, 01:01 AM
Administrator

Luckily he didn't get the back open very far I just hope he soiled himself good.

We are going back over the videos a few days to see if he came down the street looking for things to steal or he might have followed me home from Home Depot where he wouldn't look so obvious looking into the truck but we have had so much traffic down out small street lately because of the increase in pharmaceutical sales.

Looks like it is time to rig the truck to catch a thief

About 20 years ago someone made off with over $10,000 in tools from my truck, tools most people would not even know what they were for.

This gets me so angry that they would steal someone else's property, I have so many tools that if someone truly needed some I would probably give them something.

Seeing the hour of this burglary he probably sleeps during the day and does his capers at night.

Jim
Old 12-13-2011, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh the joys of city life! I feel your pain,glad they didnt get anything!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:06 AM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Batman,

Really glad you thwarted evil again! Freaking loser has nothing more productive to do in the early morning hours.

Really cool how you have your alarm hooked up to your cap. Great idea!

Did you build your alarm from scratch, or it it an off the shelf model you "jim-lane'd"

Time to upgrade your video camera to a higher definition unit, so that faces and license plates can be recognized . Seems as though video surveillance cameras are always fuzzy.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully they'll catch the applehead breaking into someone else's car.

BTW, We had a number of similar breakins here, not that long ago, so it's all around and not just your neighborhood.

T.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:12 AM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
BTW,

Did they steal from you, previously ?

http://gs245.photobucket.com/groups/...dingTripod.mp4

Maybe you're right, and time to get out of "dodge-ito" From you collection of videos it's apparent that you're a target. That really sucks.....

Interesting collection of video's. Any idea where I can get one of those "triple pods" , other than flying out and stealing it off of your dash ? "real gone"

T.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:44 AM

Received 138 Likes on 86 Posts
I have wondered to myself as i read about all your theft devices what the heck you were afraid of, and thought you were parinoid, but i see now why you have all that stuff.

i guess the guys that live out in the boonies don't even know how bad it is in some parts of the country, i bet it feels good when a plain works.

stay after-em Jim.

Dar
Old 12-13-2011, 06:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some people think it is ok to take from someone because you have insurance and will get newer and better ones for next time.

I know, I have a nephew who does that and he told me so.
I told him, take from me and get caught it will be your last. I am willing to risk spending time to do justice.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:37 AM

Locking Fuel Cap

Don't mean to highjack this thread, we all hate thieves. I think I'm going to get a locking fuel cap this week. They're a pain in the whatsit. But yesterday I was refueling and a friend was with me and we were talking while I was at the pump. I was also filling up a can with gasoline for my winch truck. I was using a credit card for both. I realized how easy it would have been to put gasoline in the truck. My key for the fuel cap will have a green tag on it that says "DIESEL" on it. It'll stay in the console and if someone else has to borrow the truck they'll see it too. packratc
Old 12-13-2011, 09:43 AM

I deal with these kind of people on a daily basis and I still can't grasp how someone can purposely set out to steal from another person. Crimes of convenience I get, put to decide at 3 or 4 in the morning to go break into something is just jacked up. Some people are truly just full of evil.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 AM

Honesty and trustworthy are hard traits to find nowadays! I like to think I'm to honest sometimes. A few weeks back I found $20.00 someone left in an ATM at the local 7-11. I turned it into the store manager who is a friend of mine. Also corrected the local tire store after they balanced and rotated my tires but forgot to charge me for my inspection.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:06 AM
KRB

Received 523 Likes on 363 Posts
Geez. Thats horrible. I can't imagine not feeling safe & secure in my own neighborhood. Maybe an electric jolt would help get the point across?

The local junkyard here has been saving up catalytic converters to haul up to IN. A buyer came by and offered a price. They refused. He came back that night and cleaned them out but dropped his cell phone there. Catching them does no good. They get right back out to do it again.

There's a towing company by the stockyard in Lexington near here. Two thugs tried to rob him at work. They came at him with a drawn gun. He drew his and got one in the belly. They left. If more armed citizens fought back things might change. A few innocent victims might get hurt in the process but thats happening now from the perps.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Last year in school some dope head was going car to car to steal stuff. he ended up in my truck bed in my toolbox. i got alot of texts saying what was going on (peopel could see him through the windows in their classroom). i rushed out and by then the cops and deans were there. I thought he was gonna get in legal trouble but apparently didnt.
So i vowed if i ever saw him i'd beat him black and blue. few days later i saw him peddling dope, told the deans, got him thrown in jail payback is never fun
Old 12-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NJTman
Batman,

Really glad you thwarted evil again! Freaking loser has nothing more productive to do in the early morning hours.

Really cool how you have your alarm hooked up to your cap. Great idea!

Did you build your alarm from scratch, or it it an off the shelf model you "jim-lane'd"

Time to upgrade your video camera to a higher definition unit, so that faces and license plates can be recognized . Seems as though video surveillance cameras are always fuzzy.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully they'll catch the applehead breaking into someone else's car.

BTW, We had a number of similar breakins here, not that long ago, so it's all around and not just your neighborhood.

T.
My alarm is an off the shelf $300.00 Viper that I have added more output relays to control the additional 2) 30-watt sirens and high frequency pain generator in the cab and as you can see it also flashes all of the lights, there are additional triggers for the mag switch in the back, it can also draw power off both batteries in case one has been disabled.

I have 14 video cameras on 3 separate DVR's all powered off their separate UPS system for redundancy.
The images are not great because they have to be converted from an AVI file to be hosted but they are alot clearer on the screen. All of my cameras are color with a minimum 600-line resolution, and all of them can see in total darkness but switch to Black and White.

If you saw the video of the earthquake it was viewing images a block away.
Jim

Quick Reply: I really hate these kind of people.