1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

HVAC cotrol fell apart!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HVAC cotrol fell apart!

Hey everybody,
Have any of ya'll ever had this happen? The hvac controls in the cab of my truck fell apart today. I went to push the off button in and it went all the way in as did all the other buttons. So i took the controls out of the dash and found the back had popped off! well after playing with it awhile to get all the parts lined back up i glued it back together and it works. It looked like it had benn glued with some rtv before. Just was wondering if anybody had ever had that happen to them.
ez
Old 04-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Nope, never did. Most junkyards will sell you the whole control panel for $15, they are the same from the mid '80's up. It's actually harder to find a good working non-A/C control panel.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by ez_lle71
Hey everybody,
Have any of ya'll ever had this happen? The hvac controls in the cab of my truck fell apart today. I went to push the off button in and it went all the way in as did all the other buttons. So i took the controls out of the dash and found the back had popped off! well after playing with it awhile to get all the parts lined back up i glued it back together and it works. It looked like it had benn glued with some rtv before. Just was wondering if anybody had ever had that happen to them.
ez
EZ,

I have a spare HVAC control its yours if you want, just pay shipping. PM me.

John
Old 04-09-2009, 03:28 PM

i can't believe how bad my spelling was on my original post!! sorry bout that.
i might have to get that from you rocktoy. it would be good to have a spare.

hey wanna, it must be nice to have junkyards that have older dodge stuff. its rarer than hens teeth here to find something like that around here. i wish i would have took pictures of it apart for future reference if anybody ever runs into this problem again.
ez