1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Happy new year!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Received 565 Likes on 414 Posts
Originally Posted by edwinsmith
It's a good thing you didn't shoot him. Nowadays if you don't have all the legal t's dotted and i's crossed they'll hang you up real good. Cops hate competition. Nobody is allowed to shoot people without punishment but them.

I keep seeing ads for a special kind of insurance for gun owners to cover legal and other costs in the case they shoot someone. It's probably a good idea.

Edwin
Under AZ law at the time, I would have been justified shooting the guy immediately after waking up or if he had attacked me or produced a weapon. I backed him down the hall and there was a point that I could have run out the door, that was where I definitely would have been unjustified, with a bunch of grey area in between. Not a problem though, the people of AZ are reticent to convict people for protecting themselves, even in grey areas. We are now a stand your ground state and you can shoot people for looking funny at you. Like I said before, I was and am really glad that I didn't shoot that 18 year old kid, even though he was doing a scum bag thing...Mark Edit: Besides, I was a certified paramedic and a paid first responder at the time and would have had a legal responsibility to try to save him after I shot him. No es bueno...
Old 01-01-2018, 09:39 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by maybe368
Years ago, around 1985, I didn't own a gun. I was shopping one day in a local supermarket named smitties and I bought a Taurus 357, black with a 6 inch barrel, a loaf of bread and some other food. I knew nothing about firearms. About 2 or 3 weeks later, I was awakened by an intruder in my house, he was standing over the foot of my bed when I turned the light on. I had the 357 in my night stand, grabbed it and pointed it at him. It is kind of a long story, but I ended up not having to shoot the kid and I was glad for that. I was also very glad that I had the protection,it was a slight advantage . I went to work that day and told the guys the story and they said that they were going nominate me for armed citizen of the month in American Rifleman or another NRA publication. They never did, so I am still an unknown armed citizen ...Mark
Good reason to have the inside of your home covered with a double layer of 6 mil plastic. Clean up is a breeze
The following users liked this post:
mknittle (01-02-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 03:40 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Nothing special,
Heckler & Koch USP45/ TLR-I HL 630 lumen tactical light / Black Talons
Benelli M1 Super 90/ Ghost Ring Sights

There are a lot of Home Invasion going down right now.
mknittle (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 11:30 AM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim Lane

Unfortunately in commiefornia the criminals in Sacramento haven't gotten the message that violent crime is inversely proportional to gun ownership.
mknittle (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 01:36 PM

Received 601 Likes on 438 Posts
These are interesting. I have seen what they do to ballistic gel in person.

G2 Research » R.I.P.®
Old 01-03-2018, 02:06 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
If someone even invades my turf, and shows signs of danger, he gets some hollow points in him. I’m not skeered. I have an abundance of weight plates, and a 30’ deep pond. He can sleep with the fishes, famous quote, lol
mknittle (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by bigragu
If someone even invades my turf, and shows signs of danger, he gets some hollow points in him. I’m not skeered. I have an abundance of weight plates, and a 30’ deep pond. He can sleep with the fishes, famous quote, lol
While I may agree with the sentiment, voicing such in an open forum can be dredged up and used against you in court. If it's self defense the bast course is to keep your mouth shut when talking to the cops and have a good Pro 2nd Amendment lawyer on speed dial. IANAL
The following 2 users liked this post by edwinsmith:
Bob L (01-03-2018), mknittle (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by mknittle
These are interesting. I have seen what they do to ballistic gel in person.

G2 Research » R.I.P.®
They look awesome but I wonder how well they feed in a semi-auto and if they get bent up any which could drastically affect accuracy. They would be less likely to penetrate the outside walls of your house which is a plus for liability in case of a miss and you always will miss a shot or two, especially in the dark.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:52 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

While I may agree with the sentiment, voicing such in an open forum can be dredged up and used against you in court. If it's self defense the bast course is to keep your mouth shut when talking to the cops and have a good Pro 2nd Amendment lawyer on speed dial. IANAL
Very sound advice !
Thank you Edwin
mknittle (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 06:10 PM

They look awesome but I wonder how well they feed in a semi-auto and if they get bent up any which could drastically affect accuracy. They would be less likely to penetrate the outside walls of your house which is a plus for liability in case of a miss and you always will miss a shot or two, especially in the dark.
They look more fragile in the pictures than in person but I haven't tried them yet.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:18 PM

I think the likelihood of that happening is pretty slim but one never knows when it comes down to brass tacks.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jim Lane
Nothing special,
Heckler & Koch USP45/ TLR-I HL 630 lumen tactical light / Black Talons
Benelli M1 Super 90/ Ghost Ring Sights

Uh....

You forgot the 6 mil plastic. Home depot sells it. You never know when you have to wrap something up to go to the "Dump"..
Old 01-03-2018, 07:46 PM

Yup.... The older brother is watching.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:29 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
I know, I know, I talk all tough and stuff, but in reality if that happened, a guy breaking in, he’s a menace, adrenaline flowing, who knows. Besides, the pond idea wouldn’t work right now, lol, as it’s bone dry getting some revamping done to it. My wife works around the best civil and criminal judges, lawyers, and is friends with a ton of officers from two county’s. I realize that doesn’t guarantee a get out of jail card, but just sayin’
Old 01-03-2018, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by mknittle
I think the likelihood of that happening is pretty slim but one never knows when it comes down to brass tacks.
Well, remember that the NSA sucks in everything and stores it. All it takes is a search warrant and they will gladly cough it up. The government has a lot more resources to get you than you may think. It just depends on how bad they want you.

Edwin

Quick Reply: Happy new year!