1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Had a good day today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a good day today...

One of my buddys at work is always bustin' on me for driving the truck I. Mind you, he loves the truck, but it is sssllllooooowwwwww...or so he thought. I always joke with him that I am going to race him home, and he says the will "destroy" me. He drives a 2006 Ford F150. He used to carpool with me when I was stock, and hasn't ridden with me since my "mods". Now I certainly don't condone street racing, but I got caught in the moment. So here I am driving home on the highway doin' about 65mph, and he comes up beside me. He looks at me and waves (you know, the bye-bye wave) and I smile. I mash the skinny pedal and watch as he falls further and further behind me in a cloud of black smoke (man I'm gonna miss my stacks ) I have no idea how fast I was going because the speedo only goes to 85, but it got there quick, fast, and in a hurry! So we slow down and he calls me on the cell phone and says," man that thing is quick, I couldn't catch you " Chalk another one up for the 1st gen
Old 11-15-2006, 01:15 PM

Haha good work dieselkong! I also had an experience like this with my uncle's chipped duramax Headed down a wide empty city street one day and he tried to pass me It didn't happen. His words were "edit that son of a &*%#$ runs good! Which means a lot to me coming from a hard core chevy fan
Old 11-15-2006, 03:09 PM

awesome.. but funny cause i got caught up in the moment last night also

my boss drives a RX-7.. and he is always squeally his tires out of our parking lot.. so last night when we got off work at 12midnight he took off and i drove after him.. well he got stuck at a light so i pulled up behind him.. when the light turn green i was all over his butt.. so after i hit 3rd i moved over and left him "standing there" man if only i had a camera and you could see his face...(heehehehe) this AM he was like what the heck have you done to that thing.. I said nothing it is stock with smile