1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

got my 91

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got my 91

got my 91 3/4 w250 last week , it is i/c auto o/d LE with 118k on it has few issues, cruise not working, brakes kinda mushy, paint is off left side bed,door n hood, needs grille n bumper,(his grandson ran in to the bac of his ferd,lol) and last but least dome lite won,t go off. oh n lousy mileage (13). is this truck a locking converter? and what do i do bout the mileage??? thanks for any help,,,,,
Old 01-19-2008, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
allways like to hear someone that is wanting to fix up there ride. as far as brakes go i would pull it down and do a brake inspection to see how much linings you have left and look at all four because they do not always wear out the same speed. i would check the rubber brake lines and bleed the system for air . also make sure rear shoes are up to the drum and free up the adjuster so they can self adjust. i replace my master cylinder with a new one and brakes are great.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:39 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dieselmpg
got my 91 3/4 w250 last week , it is i/c auto o/d LE with 118k on it has few issues, cruise not working, brakes kinda mushy, paint is off left side bed,door n hood, needs grille n bumper,(his grandson ran in to the bac of his ferd,lol) and last but least dome lite won,t go off. oh n lousy mileage (13). is this truck a locking converter? and what do i do bout the mileage??? thanks for any help,,,,,
Its very doubtfull that you have a locking convertor.. they just didnt make them that way....Cruise and brake problems at the same time COULD be the result of a vacum issue, and that is easy to check..
I'd give it a good go over, replacing all the fluids( tranny and rear end too), and filters, check your air filter, all teh stuff that people tend not to do on thier old trucks.........any of that could effect your mileage...
pull all 4 and check the brakes as mentioned, and bearings/seals while your in there.... for the dome light, I'd pull the bulb until you feel like tracing the circuit down. ..although I'd check your headlight switch as the source of that.....

Oh, adn Congrats on teh new to you truck adn welcome aboard!!!!!!!