1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Full Load diaphram adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full Load diaphram adjustment

Took a peek at my full load diaphram this evening. Somewhere I read that the index mark was supposed to be at the &quot;12 o-clock&quot; position (toward the intake manifold). Well, my index mark is at the 8 o'clock position. Is there really any hard and fast rule on where the stock setting for this is? Should I jsut proceed to rotate 90 degrees closckwise (initially). I would, of course) mark the position of the original just to have a reference to return to if necessary.<br><br>Carl
Old 07-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re:Full Load diaphram adjustment

Carl, <br><br>All those settings are telling you is, is to make the fuel pin ride up the eccentric cone on its &quot;deepest&quot; setting. Take the cone out of the pump. Looking at the cone, you will notice that it is much like a cam, with one deep side and one shallow side. Now, look into where the cone was pulled out of. You see that hole at the bottom going towards the front of the truck? That is where the fuel pin comes out under boost conditions. Now, look at the cone and turn it so that the pin will have the most travel out of its hole and onto the cone, or should I say deepest travel. Once you have found deepest travel, insert the eccentric and take a paint pin and mark it on the diapraghm.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:51 PM
Patron Saint of 1st gens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Full Load diaphram adjustment

Also, if you wipe the cone off after removal, you should see some &quot;witness marks&quot; on it. That is mark left by the guide pin as it rides up and down on the cone. You want to have the pin, as mentioned, riding up and down on the deepest part of the cone. This permits the fueling rate to be set at it's maximum. This is &quot;fuel per pound of boost&quot;.<br><br>Bob, Pastor<br>Our Lady Of Acceleration Church.