1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Front Spring-Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 07:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Front Spring-Bushings

I am wanting to get the front of my pickup level. It is a 1 ton. Will the skyjacker 2" do it? Also where's a good source for the bushings in the upper part of the shackels?
Thanks
Old 10-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the deal with people wanting their pickups to look squatty in the rear, esp 4x4s? I have noticed EVERYONE wants their truck to sit like a car or light duty SUV. They came from the factory about 2-3" higher in the rear for a reason- when you hook something up or put some stuff in the bed, it wont squat. Let it keep its dignity and keep the truck look.

I have some rear leafs that you could install to level it out.

Daniel
Old 10-21-2007, 10:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Didn't mean to offend you. I don't want it "squatty" in the back, I just want it to ride better. Right now when you hit a medium bump the leaf spring hits the frame. It gets annoying on certain roads.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The same shop that sells you the springs should have some poly bushings also. Putting just 2" springs on the front will probably make the rig sit level when unloaded.... the 2" and 4" f and r kits from skyjacker use add a leaf kits and/or blocks for the rear... the 6" skyjacker kits have all new springs for the rear... my truck needed all 4 springs replaced. my rears were about to break. the 6" rear springs have no overload leaves... I was skeptical, but they CAN hold a lot of weight.

The squatty rearend trend was popularized by the deset racing crowd. A lot of the unlimited class baja trucks run a lot more sag in the back than the front, and that gets amplified when under power....

A lot of baja/sand types setup their street trucks like this. If you ever drive central california near pismo or glamis on the weekends, you will see hundreds of these guys with the front end sitting 8" higher than the rear, AND they are towing toy haulers full of rails bikes and quads... A lot of these guys drive their tow rigs in the sand as well as the toys... so they do have a bit of an excuse for the squishy suspension setup, but I think some of these guys cant see over their hoods.