1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

A friendly reminder to all our forum users . . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by ouchman
Did this guy get banned for the use of the (misspelled) word painties?
No, you don't get banned for bad spelling if that were the case you would have been gone back in 2003
Old 11-22-2011, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I gathered he had been using swear words frequently in his posts and the admins had been going behind and cleaning his posts up he had done this repeatedly and was kindly asked to stop and hadn't what he said there was more or less the last straw correct me if I'm wrong
Old 11-22-2011, 04:13 PM
1st Generation Admin

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Folks, as per my original post in this thread:

Originally Posted by BC847
We do not allow profanity, short-cuts to profanity, or implied profanity in posts in these forum boards.

You don't know who has a grandchild sitting in their lap while reading the forum posts. It's tough trying to explain to a child some of the language used today. Let's not contribute to those headaches.

While it's true, some members may present as questionable , we are grown adults and as such, are capable of communication without a bunch of gutter-slang.

Your adherence to this and these forum rules is appreciated.
It's as simple as that.

What transpires between any any member and the administration of these forums is between said member and the administration. I apologize that it spread to the open forums and has distracted from the goals of these forums.

As has been pointed out, people make mistakes in the everyday posts and I edit it and move along (You'll see where I've edited it as noted in italic at the bottom of said post). If one insists on continuing as such, the post will be edited with a warning sent to the author and we move along. If one is determined to continue, and even go as far as giving us a hard time about it, appropriate action will result.

It's as simple as that.

We don't come into your living room cussing, so please return the favor.

This thread is done.

NOTE: If, in the future, it is seen that folks are getting carried away with the occasional slip of the keyboard I'll post another thread as a friendly reminder to all to tighten-up. That is your sign.

Everyone, have a good Thanksgiving.