1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

A friendly reminder to all our forum users . . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Received 565 Likes on 414 Posts
Originally Posted by ppiggppenn
Right, so may we pleeze get back to the trucks !!?
I agree. I spent 26 years in fire houses and the language was as you might imagine, my own included. That did not mean that I talked like that around my mother. When we are speaking, a profanity might slip out, remember that dinner scene in Apocalypse Now, when the guy was describing a dinner at home? But, when you are typing, a four letter word requires 4 key strikes, plenty of time to ponder what you are writing. This is the only difference between 1st degree murder (death penalty) and 2nd degree murder (life).It is easy to control your fingers, with the possible exception of the middle one while driving in Phoenix..Mark
Old 11-22-2011, 09:22 AM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
FWIW,

I personally like the "clean theme" here, as it's a complete change from a lot of the other forums I traverse.

It shows that "someone is watching", and keeps everyone in check. Nothing worse than when a bunch of grown men get into Peeing matches with each other over really silly topics.

We're all here to help each other.... at least that's what I'm here for...

Oh, yeah... to learn about and how to fix my own trucks.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by maybe368
I agree. I spent 26 years in fire houses and the language was as you might imagine, my own included. That did not mean that I talked like that around my mother. When we are speaking, a profanity might slip out, remember that dinner scene in Apocalypse Now, when the guy was describing a dinner at home? But, when you are typing, a four letter word requires 4 key strikes, plenty of time to ponder what you are writing. This is the only difference between 1st degree murder (death penalty) and 2nd degree murder (life).It is easy to control your fingers, with the possible exception of the middle one while driving in Phoenix..Mark
You nailed it........I edit threads all the time from guys that slip up and 99% of them simply say something like "Whoops...sorry I will try not to do that again"

That is a simple, no nonsense, OWN your mistake kind of way to deal with the issue and everybody goes on like nothing happened. Then there is the 1% who think that chewing me out for being a **** for even thinking I had the right to ask them to curb their language (After all they are certain the right to free speech gives them the right to cuss here all day long) and by golly if they knew where I lived they would come open a can o whoop butt on me ........these guys obviously don't stay around long.

Bottom line is we all make mistakes too, all I ask is that you don't give my Admins a hard time for doing their job.....they are Volunteers and certainly don't deserve to be abused just trying to help out. I have banned members here only to have them call or write me after they cool off and we are able to come to an understanding and they have returned.

I even have members that came back not knowing I KNOW they are back and we watch them and they act just fine under their new account, doing exactly what they refused to do on their original account

I even have several formerly banned members who have little ads in their signatures asking you to donate to this site...they did this thinking we would see that and not realize they were sneaking back in So funny really and we just leave them alone because they simply are showing the respect to others that we asked them to in the first place.

It all boils down to Respect, we have Ladies and Children reading this forum and we just ask that you respect them by watching your language...that is it in a nutshell.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I even have members that came back not knowing I KNOW they are back and we watch them and they act just fine under their new account, doing exactly what they refused to do on their original account

Ahhhh!!! The old you can't change your IP address without changing provider trick, veeeery sneaky Mark
Old 11-22-2011, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My favorite part about threads like this are how popular they get! Everyone wants to chime in on the drama.

+1 IBTL!

Seriously though, it's 'your football'...and this site, as far as I'm concerned, is at the top of the heap for 1st gen help.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:11 AM

Received 138 Likes on 86 Posts
this site and 1 other for 1st gen help, i do go to the other ones but it's kinda like going to the circus, (it's ok to visit once in a while) but i don't want to live there.

theres a cifference between advise and intertainment.

this is a classy site and thanks for keeping it clean.

Dar
Old 11-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Administrator

I think that it was blind luck, but this was the first site that I found about these trucks. That was 8 years after I bought it. I don't belong to any others because, frankly, there has not been a need. If I don't know it already, I find it here and there is really no reason for any more. As Dar said, maybe I'll go to the circus to check it out, haven't been in years........Mark
Old 11-22-2011, 10:41 AM

Yea in the real world letting a word slip it is harder to avoid when in your work place every second word is a swear but on the forum one should remember to curb the language and always preread their posts before making them public and think do I really want to make a idiot of myself? just my point lol
Old 11-22-2011, 12:02 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by stillsmokin209
Well, I guess This is NOT comp d!!!
No it's not and we are proud of that fact thank you very much.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok i'm in the dark and since this came up i have to ask.....whats comp d????
Old 11-22-2011, 12:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DodgeFreak
competition diesel. It's another site/forum. One that I have not wasted my time joining.

I initially joined CF, and then later found this forum. I prefer DTR over CF for first gen stuff any day of the week. The mood and tone of this forum is far more considerate and genial. Quite frankly, it's a breath of fresh air to someone like me who has seen the finest the internet has to offer in some of the biggest forums on the internet, that I am a part of. If you think compd or any of the truck forums are BAD, go to some of the gaming forums... it's ridiculous.

I use CF for second gen stuff, but a lot of the second gen performance section is full of *****. There are however a few REALLY helpful guys on that forum for the second gens. It's the only reason I go there, the helpful ones keep me around. That and I've had far more success selling stuff in the classifieds on CF than here. I haven't the slightest clue why... maybe more people look through the classifieds over there I don't know.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:40 PM

Received 451 Likes on 343 Posts
Why is this only in the 1st gen section?
Do the other sections have different rules?
Does it count if someone PMs you for the punch line?
Old 11-22-2011, 12:44 PM
1st Generation Admin

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by DodgeFreak
Another diesel related website that perhaps operates under a different set of guidelines and rules. Nuf said.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Lets not turn this into a "Bash the other forums" thread. They do things the way they see fit, just as we do here, that doesn't mean that any one method is necessarily better than another
Old 11-22-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by 9MM
Did I get your painties in that much a bunch today?

Joking man I'm joking I don't wanna get banned.

I will do my best to remember to keep my stuff as clean as I can.

Did this guy get banned for the use of the (misspelled) word painties?

Quick Reply: A friendly reminder to all our forum users . . . . .