1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Follow-up questions to you gov spring guys..

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 03:15 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Follow-up questions to you gov spring guys..

Ok with all the info you guys gave me so far.... I have the primary gauges (looking into a tach soon), I have modified the air intake, (exhaust will wait til I find a crew cab to convert), and I have worked up the nerve (only because of Bob's pics he posted) to start some pump twqeeking. Probably injectors this summer. Where can I get this spring now?<br><br>Don
Old 04-12-2003, 11:52 PM
Patron Saint of 1st gens

Hey Don,<br><br>You're on your way,,,, just take your time, then be sure to count/mark check all existing settings. From there it is a piece of cake to make the usual tweaks and turns..... You really can't do much damage and it's pretty much all &quot;undo-able&quot; anyway. <br>If you have a Bosch shop in your area, just order the spring by it's number.... Bosch part # 146-465-0366.<br>If they ask what it's for, lie and say, 'I don't know my friend told me to order it for him'.... ;D<br><br>But, start with the main tweaks first, you'll get over the worries/nerves with a few sucessful adjustments under your belt....<br><br>bob.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:05 PM

Thanks Bob, I have to look for Bosch, I do have a Cummins nearby, would they be able to cross referance? Also have an AIS construction equip. co., that told me once they could probabaly get Cummins parts the cheapest. They had many Cummins &quot;packs&quot; on the shelves. There was a Bosch plant (made diesel pumps) here in Grand Rapids til they closed it this winter to build them out of state. : Just looked, no Bosch in the phone book, I'll call around tomorrow.
Don
Forgot to ask, when taking the pump apart, I take no gasket/sealant is involved? Didn't look like fuel passed through the gov spring area.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cummins does not stock the Bosch governor spring. If they ordered it, it would be from Bosch. Your best bet would be to find a Bosch Certified Injection Shop. I ordered mine from these guys. http://www.delcodiesel.com Just call them and they will fix you right up.
Old 04-13-2003, 04:09 PM

ok, thanks again.