1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Flo Pro Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015 | 11:27 AM

Flo Pro Exhaust

ThrashingCows wanted to see pics of the outlet angle that I am not thrilled about:

Other than the outlet not being square to the side of the truck, I think this kit is EXCELLENT. It fit really well, and tucks up into place as it should, the tail-pipe is two pieces, which makes it easier to handle up over the axle, and it actually works with the stock muffler hangers.

You do have to fab a front hanger and you have to add a rear hanger in the access hole for the bed bolt in front of the rear shackle (but even the added hanger uses a push-in OEM style isolator set-up).

I bought it because it was the cheapest stainless steel system I could find (its only 409 -- I couldn't find any 304 kits), but now I am really impressed by how well it went together!

I did have to buy an extra SS strap clamp, as I chose not to use the front clamp at the muffler both for the hanger & to connect the intermediate pipe. But that is just me.
Old 04-27-2015 | 11:52 AM

Good to know there is a nice Stainless 4 inch, 1st gen system out there.
Who did you order it from?
Old 04-27-2015 | 03:53 PM

Thanks Alec....I can see why it disturbs you, I'd be a bit put off by that tail pipe angle as well.

But the rest sounds like it's top notch, and looks good from what I can see.
Old 04-27-2015 | 07:51 PM

Who did you order it from?
Thoroughbred.

There is also an MBRP S6150409 kit (which has a 3.5" downpipe that might flow better than the Flo Pro 4" -- that sudden transition at the turbo looks as though it could be bad for flow, and the truck being pretty new to me I am not sure I will be able to draw any conclusions from this install), but it is more money, has the same outlet angle "problem" and uses a 5" polished angle tip which I did not want at all. This truck is a peeling paint sleeper, at least for now.

I'd be a bit put off by that tail pipe angle as well.
I'm hoping by next week I won't notice it anymore. And maybe I was just in a good mood because the snow pile is almost melted, but this is the first system where I was impressed with the manufacturer while I was lying under the truck, instead of cursing them.
Old 04-27-2015 | 08:55 PM

I'd like to see samples of tips added to our 4" systems. I painted mine black. Mine angles downwards about 4" more than yours. Getting tired of that look. Thinking about cutting it back some and placing an all black slashed tip on there just not sure which one. Bought my whole kit from stans exhaust
Old 04-27-2015 | 09:41 PM

like this
Attached Thumbnails Flo Pro Exhaust-helment-1.jpg  
Old 04-27-2015 | 09:47 PM

just something that looks little more finished.

Exhaust Systems / Manifolds - Exhaust Tips - Tips w/ 4" Inlet
Old 04-27-2015 | 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by mknittle
like this
lol!!
Old 04-28-2015 | 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by mknittle
just something that looks little more finished.

Exhaust Systems / Manifolds - Exhaust Tips - Tips w/*4" Inlet
Neat looking tip. But my first thought was how much work it would be to clean that tip with all the nooks and grooves.......I'm a bit OCD when it comes to clean exhaust tips.
Old 04-28-2015 | 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by thrashingcows
Neat looking tip. But my first thought was how much work it would be to clean that tip with all the nooks and grooves.......I'm a bit OCD when it comes to clean exhaust tips.
There are some down the page that I like Also.
Old 04-28-2015 | 04:12 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Alec
ThrashingCows wanted to see pics of the outlet angle that I am not thrilled about:

Other than the outlet not being square to the side of the truck, I think this kit is EXCELLENT. It fit really well, and tucks up into place as it should, the tail-pipe is two pieces, which makes it easier to handle up over the axle, and it actually works with the stock muffler hangers.

You do have to fab a front hanger and you have to add a rear hanger in the access hole for the bed bolt in front of the rear shackle (but even the added hanger uses a push-in OEM style isolator set-up).

I bought it because it was the cheapest stainless steel system I could find (its only 409 -- I couldn't find any 304 kits), but now I am really impressed by how well it went together!

I did have to buy an extra SS strap clamp, as I chose not to use the front clamp at the muffler both for the hanger & to connect the intermediate pipe. But that is just me.

I must be odd man out, other than it being perhaps an inch too far out, i like the way it looks...... But then again, I am an old fuddy duddy.........
Old 04-28-2015 | 06:24 PM

But then again, I am an old fuddy duddy
Funny, I don't like it because I think it looks "rollin' coal" instead of stock. It seems like a lot of the kits on the newer trucks have that angled exit . . . But thanks for not bashing it!
Old 04-29-2015 | 08:08 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Alec
Funny, I don't like it because I think it looks "rollin' coal" instead of stock. It seems like a lot of the kits on the newer trucks have that angled exit . . . But thanks for not bashing it!
How did the stock one exit? That exits just like a stock second gen.......

Just don't put one of those idiotic 67" diameter fart tubes on it........
Old 04-29-2015 | 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by patdaly

Just don't put one of those idiotic 67" diameter fart tubes on it........
Old 04-29-2015 | 12:34 PM

How did the stock one exit?
Not the best pic, but it was in my album already:

Quick Reply: Flo Pro Exhaust