1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Favorite 1st Gen Truck Color

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 08:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselSmith
dark green/tan combo, that looks sharp.

That sounds very good. I bet it would look sharp. Similar to the dark brown/tan combo.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:17 PM

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
I repainted my 91 truck all white. I know it's a boring color but it looks great
when it's clean and waxed.
Next year I'm going to repaint my 91.5 truck, it will be a total color change
from blue to platinum.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:19 PM

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Of course I am partial to the red and white but not painted in the traditional two-tone pattern.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We need Squirrel to chime in here and post a quick shot of his truck, his paint job is plain awesome IMO.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
don’t see many black first gens... seems like I see allot of solid white, red, and blue... but even the two tone are hard to find, but like the looks... The two-tone silver light blue is nice as well. It takes allot to make a first gen ugly. Rust only adds to some of its character.
I don't have any pics but I do have an original Black first gen from the factory. I bought it from the original owner (one of my high school teachers) and he specialy ordered it black. Looks great and it is my favorite color on a first gen also. I agree very rare and have never scene one other then mine on the road

Ben
Old 11-28-2006, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by rlyons
Of course I am partial to the red and white but not painted in the traditional two-tone pattern.
Now that is one nice looking paint job rlyons! And not just a nice paint job but an awesome looking truck in general!
Sweet!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:03 PM

The Red/Silver metallic combo on mine looks pretty sweet too.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:08 PM

I like the white/gray/white, the dark green and tan, and the two tone brown similar to what is in the first picture. Mine is similar, except the colors are inverted. I wil try to get some pictures this weekend. It is a work in progress, but for the most part is in good shape.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:20 PM

any pics?

tomd....my truck is the same color as yours...pretty much identical rigs...and your looks freaking awesome...do you have any pics of that thing?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by redwake9112
tomd....my truck is the same color as yours...pretty much identical rigs...and your looks freaking awesome...do you have any pics of that thing?
Thank you Redwake! Sure... here is a pic. Not much color though

Old 11-28-2006, 10:43 PM

I like the red with charcoal gray/silver
Old 11-28-2006, 10:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Silver and white with red stripe really caught my eye, but I'm a solid red man at heart. My D250 is the exact Brown/tan combo as your first pic. I was looking at it again tonight debating a color change as I put it back together, but I want to KISS(keep it simple stupid) this project and i already bought a quart of the dark brown@$80 so I think i will run for this color combo. I picked up an older set of American racing 5 spke aluminum mags that should wake it up a little. I even thought about painting the rims the tan metallic like the center color??????.
kinda hard to picture mine looking as decent as your picture though in it's present condition isn't it.LOL
crossy
Attached Thumbnails Favorite 1st Gen Truck Color-91-ctd.jpg   Favorite 1st Gen Truck Color-91-ctd3.jpg  
Old 11-28-2006, 10:55 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by tomd

The truck in this photo was up for auction on ebay at least 5 years ago. I saved the picture because it showed my favorite color combo, and made me shudder in awe looking at the awesome truck. If I had the choice I would have this two-tone brown light brown color. I just love it! But never see this type, must be rare. The only other truck that I saw in person with this color combo was my friends truck that I worked for in 92, who owned a brand new Dodge and we’d pull a helicopter on a trailer around California doing lift jobs. His name was Dennis. At any rate, that was when I became infatuated with the first gens and the Cummins, and still am to this day. Has any of you ever seen a 4x4 like this one w/out the lift pulling a helicopter in California or Oregon? Not only was the helo used for lifting ac’s on top of new buildings, but also for harvesting Christmas Trees.
What a coincedence...my recent W250 purchase is almost identical to this truck except the colors are reversed. I know Dennis... I hired him to fly 55 AC units on a rooftop in Yuba City for me back in 1991. PM me and I'll tell you more.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by bigragu
What a coincedence...my recent W250 purchase is almost identical to this truck except the colors are reversed. I know Dennis... I hired him to fly 55 AC units on a rooftop in Yuba City for me back in 1991. PM me and I'll tell you more.

You've got to be kidding! ... I was on that lift job! I was on the ground grabbing the hook and helping with all the rigging.
Yuba City 1991! I remember it well...
Old 11-28-2006, 11:19 PM

I looked for this color combination in good condition for over 10 years, I finally found it and after two years of waiting (sniveling and whining and begging) I was able to purchase it.
Attached Thumbnails Favorite 1st Gen Truck Color-my-93-1st-gen.jpg  

Quick Reply: Favorite 1st Gen Truck Color