1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Farfromstock

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 12:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Farfromstock

Does anyone know if Far From Stock is actually in business? No one will answer the phone number provided on their URL (https://farfromstockstore.com/). In addition, although I was successful at executing an online order for parts, and paid for them via PayPal, attempts to get a shipping date and/or tracking information have not been forthcoming. So I've got money in the wind, and no live, warm body to talk to. And, obviously, NO PARTS! Aaarrrrhhhhh....

Pete
Old 02-08-2021, 12:29 PM

Received 2,551 Likes on 1,690 Posts
It has been about a year since I did any business with him. Even before Covid, it was hard to get someone to pick up the phone.

I did receive my parts, which I liked. Some of the stuff is $$, but the quality of them was good. I did business with them several times last year.

How long ago did you order the parts?
The following users liked this post:
nothingbutdarts (02-09-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 12:42 PM

Hi Oliver,

I ordered my parts on 22 Jan, 2021. Not too long ago, should the vendor have to subcontract fabrication of the parts if they're backordered. But my concern is the lack of response from the vendor regarding a shipping date. Multiple telephone and email messages remain unanswered. IMHO, an odd way of doing business, irregardless of Covid.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll follow up on this forum with the resolution of this issue.

Pete
Old 02-08-2021, 05:30 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I ordered some steel braided brake lines from them, and they were quick to respond to an email I had sent, and then answered the phone when i called.
This was only a few weeks ago
The following 2 users liked this post by Mick-e:
nothingbutdarts (02-09-2021), oliver foster (02-08-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 12:10 PM

I thought I'd post an update on this topic. As originally posted, I was concerned with the lack of response from FarFromStock to an online order I had placed. In particular, no one either answered their phone, or emails I posted via their website regarding order status despite a two-week wait. Given this lack of response, I chose to file a claim with PayPal, citing non-delivery of parts. Apparently, this prompted FarFromStock to actually answer their phone, and my emails!

It appears the issue was, one of my parts was (despite the website's statement to the contrary) NOT in stock. The part, the steering box support bracket, is only available as a used part, via (I assume) junkyard salvage. And FarFromStock no longer had used brackets in stock. They did not tell me that when I ordered the part originally, nor did they tell PayPal that when they took my order and charged the full amount of the order to my credit card.

So....when PayPal posted my payment protest, FarFromStock reached out to me via a telephone call (yeah-finally!), and informed me of the backorder status of the bracket. Despite my misgivings at accepting a partial shipment, I agreed to accept the two parts they actually had in stock, with the promise they would continue to look for another used bracket, and forward this part at a later date. So at least THAT part of the puzzle is solved!

My conundrum remains that, if and when I actually get my parts from FarFromStock (less the bracket), I will be unable to complete my steering rework unless and until I locate a new (used) bracket. I'm not about to tear down my front end, pending an open-ended delivery of a phantom part from an unknown salvage yard via FarFromStock.

Sigh. Anybody got a good, used steering box bracket for a 1993 W250?

Regards,

Pete
Old 02-21-2021, 12:17 PM

Received 2,551 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Originally Posted by jungpeter
Does anyone know if Far From Stock is actually in business? No one will answer the phone number provided on their URL (https://farfromstockstore.com/). In addition, although I was successful at executing an online order for parts, and paid for them via PayPal, attempts to get a shipping date and/or tracking information have not been forthcoming. So I've got money in the wind, and no live, warm body to talk to. And, obviously, NO PARTS! Aaarrrrhhhhh....

Pete
So for the record....Did you every receive your parts?
How long did it take from when you ordered them?
Old 02-21-2021, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by oliver foster
So for the record....Did you every receive your parts?
How long did it take from when you ordered them?
Hi Oliver,
Well....yes and no. I DID receive a partial shipment, after I filed a protest with PayPal. This action did result in FarFromStock reaching out to me via telephone. Issue appears to have been that they had two of the three parts in stock (the steering bracket brace and the adjustable drag link), but the used OEM steering box adapter plate was out of stock. So I agreed they would ship the two items (and I did get them, only a few days later), and they would "...continue to look for another used adapter plate."
So, I'm still a bit stuck. I'm loath to take apart my steering setup without having all the parts in my hot little fist. And, despite FarFromStock's advice to weld up my existing adapter plate and use it ("...it's only a spacer-should work fine.") that doesn't seem like such a good idea to me. And I haven't gotten any warm-fuzzies on how long (or even IF) they can locate a used, intact adapter bracket for me.
Sigh. I'm going to wait a few more days and attempt to poke FarFromStock again on progress. If unsuccessful, I guess I'll just have to press on, take the thing apart, and hope I can salvage my existing, cracked-but-welded adapter bracket. And hope FarFromStock will refund my $100 for the part they can't supply.
Regards,
Pete
Old 02-22-2021, 07:31 AM

Received 115 Likes on 67 Posts
I ordered a pitman arm it took 3 weeks .Come to find out In came from a warehouse in Indiana.I always got a hold of somebody early in the morning around 730 800 o clock seem like good people no problems.