1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Does Dodge still speedometer angle adapters?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 04:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does Dodge still sell speedometer angle adapters?

Does anyone know if Dodge still sells the speedo angle drive adapter that screws onto the transfer case? What about the sensor that screws onto that, and the thing w/ the gear that goes in the T case? Thanks
Old 02-01-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The adapter that goes into the trans case has a steel drive gear. I dought if you have problems with it.

The VSS you can still get from Dodge or aftermarket.

The reducer box you can still get from Dodge also. It will be hit or miss if you get the correct one. Dodge is around $145 for it. Here is a place with them cheaper. Scroll down the page about 3/4 of the way.

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm
Old 02-01-2009, 11:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Philip
The adapter that goes into the trans case has a steel drive gear. I dought if you have problems with it.

The VSS you can still get from Dodge or aftermarket.

The reducer box you can still get from Dodge also. It will be hit or miss if you get the correct one. Dodge is around $145 for it. Here is a place with them cheaper. Scroll down the page about 3/4 of the way.

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm
The problem is that the reducer box must have seized, and the drive pin that goes into the T case adapter snapped off in it, and I don't know if I'll be able to pick it out. Thanks for the tip on the reducer box.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:56 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
That same site I linked to has the speedo drive for the Tcase also. Just pull yours and get a tooth count.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bookshelf
The problem is that the reducer box must have seized, and the drive pin that goes into the T case adapter snapped off in it, and I don't know if I'll be able to pick it out. Thanks for the tip on the reducer box.
I have the same problem except the little square shaft on the gear reducer spun inside the drive gear before breaking off. Now it is rounded out and has a broke piece in it. Tried three different old truck a buddy had and the gear box on all of them was seized. Think I may just throw some jb weld in there and be done.