1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Crewcab update...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 03:28 PM

Received 1,334 Likes on 864 Posts
Thank you for clearing up why the thread was removed. Do I agree with it...not really, but since you felt I did break the rules I will accept your decision.

Now if I may ask a couple more questions....

So the fact that I have been put off these bed liner, and don't want another one in my truck, I'm suppose to just roll over and accept the fact that they did not do the job properly? I'm not allowed to change my mind? And have to accept something I don't want, as the only solution to this issue?

I've had issues with other products that I have had warranty on. I have been asked if I wanted a replacement item, and if not then a refund was given. So why is this any different?

I understand that their warranty specifically states that it will cover a replacement liner if there is any issue. But I would think that if a customer decides that they no longer want to have this liner in there vehicle then they should still have some sort of resolution for these special cases.

Maybe some may think I'm being selfish, and unrealistic in my expectations...but this is how I see things.

PS...BTW I never received any communication from you stating why you had removed the thread.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I think you have the right to ask anything you wish from them however I think since the warranty most likely states they will repair or replace only....that being the case you are pretty much wasting your time wanting money......

But hey, your time to waste and as I stated in the PM I sent you when I removed your thread, I wish you lots of luck though getting what you want

Oh and next time if you don't want your thread to be taken as nothing more than a strong arm attempt to make them give you what you want, don't state that in your post

Edit: I checked my PM's and you did not get the message I wrote to you when I removed the thread...I hit preview post to proof read it before sending it and then forgot to actually send it to you my stupid mistake I apologize...
Old 11-18-2014, 05:48 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Larry..you da man. I understand you studied under Solomon, but still sometimes get hit with CRS.

TC... As I've seen it over the years, the Money back option if not explicitly promised in the satisfaction guarantee is normally exercised by the seller if he tires of dealing with the issue, as in 2 brake boosters in a row being bad and suspecting the buyer is accidentally breaking them.

Your best bet would be try to get a qualified installer properly install the product at their expense, and throw in some other trick for appeasement.

And I agree with Larry in that when you stated you wanted to hurt the business, it becomes bashing. You are perfectly free to feel you want to hurt the business, just don't say it.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:55 PM

They shut the power off in my neighbourhood today....Hydro upgrades. So I took the opportunity to build my Headlight relay system.

Now my donor 93 for my crewcab was a Canadian truck, so it came with DRL (Daytime Running Lights). So I had to use a different wiring schematic.

I used this one written up by Jim Lane....

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...s-t310460.html

Unfortunately there are a few bugs to work out. DRL don't work, and the High beam indicator on the dash stays on all the time.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:33 PM

Last night while driving home after a movie with my family, the Pyro decided to stop working. I tried hooking and hooking the leads from the Thermocoupler last night, dug under the dash to see if the power and ground were still hooked up...everything looked fine.

So after i came in from the monsoon rains...of course...I dug around on-line and found a PDF file on how to test the early Isspro EV gauge system.

Here is a link for others....

http://www.isspro.com/TROUBLESHOOTIN...leshooting.pdf

Tested everything this morning, and it seemed that the thermocoupler was the culprit. So went down to BD diesel...yup they are 3 minutes from my house... Bought a new T-coupler, and when I got home I tested the new T-coupler and it gave me the exact same readings as my old one.

So the problem clearly was elsewhere. After a little digging and closer inspection I found one of the crimped spade terminals on the wiring off the amplifier had corrosion. Pulled the old spade terminal, cleaned up the wiring and installed and new connector...works like a charm now!!

And just in case someone is testing their T-coupler using the info in that PDF file. The resistance they say you should be getting off the cold T-coupler should be less then 1ohm. My used T-coupler, and the new one both read 3.0 to 3.5 Ohms.

Also the voltage from the amplifier, to the gauge...white and grey wires, should show .8V...mine was .34V and it works fine.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:01 PM

Received 601 Likes on 438 Posts
Hey Brian,
Did you ever get your turbo sorted out?
Old 12-01-2014, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by mknittle
Hey Brian,
Did you ever get your turbo sorted out?
Nope....too many other things going on. Since rotating the fuel pin to the deep side it's definitely easier to drive now.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:13 AM

Here is an Update on my LineX situation....

My last communication with the Corporate Regional manager was when he told me he was going out of the country for a few days. After that no more communication.

Then a few days after that I received an E-mail from head of Canadian business and franchisee's, or some such title. Think it was the regional manager's boss? Anyway this woman e-mailed me and wanted my phone number so we could talk. I responded to her politely that I wanted to keep our communications in the written form, due to the potential for unwarranted emotional statements to be uttered. And as a record of all communication just in case I have to contact the Media, or take legal action.

After that I received no further communication from anyone. Then last week I received an E-mail from Wayne, the owner of trademasters, and the Line-X franchisee who sprayed the liner in my box. The e-mail was brief, but stated that a full refund was being given to me, and the check should arrive in a few days.

The next day I received a response from the BBB. They had contacted Trademasters and got a written response to my complaint. There was the expected defense of their situation, and the statement that they thought my preferred solution to this issue was unfair, but at the end of it it states that a full refund was being issued.

I have the check in hand, arrived a couple days ago. Will be going by the bank tomorrow to deposit it.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:59 AM

You can check out my Winter Hauling experience in this thread here....

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...g-t320171.html
Old 12-02-2014, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by thrashingcows
Here is an Update on my LineX situation....

My last communication with the Corporate Regional manager was when he told me he was going out of the country for a few days. After that no more communication.

Then a few days after that I received an E-mail from head of Canadian business and franchisee's, or some such title. Think it was the regional manager's boss? Anyway this woman e-mailed me and wanted my phone number so we could talk. I responded to her politely that I wanted to keep our communications in the written form, due to the potential for unwarranted emotional statements to be uttered. And as a record of all communication just in case I have to contact the Media, or take legal action.

After that I received no further communication from anyone. Then last week I received an E-mail from Wayne, the owner of trademasters, and the Line-X franchisee who sprayed the liner in my box. The e-mail was brief, but stated that a full refund was being given to me, and the check should arrive in a few days.

The next day I received a response from the BBB. They had contacted Trademasters and got a written response to my complaint. There was the expected defense of their situation, and the statement that they thought my preferred solution to this issue was unfair, but at the end of it it states that a full refund was being issued.

I have the check in hand, arrived a couple days ago. Will be going by the bank tomorrow to deposit it.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:31 PM

I did the headlight relays as well before my winter hauling escapade. Couldn't get the DRL system to work right, so I unplugged the DRL module, and switched the wires around so it functions as Jim's diagram for US (Non-DRL) models. Worked great!
Old 12-02-2014, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by thrashingcows
I did the headlight relays as well before my winter hauling escapade. Couldn't get the DRL system to work right, so I unplugged the DRL module, and switched the wires around so it functions as Jim's diagram for US (Non-DRL) models. Worked great!
That DRL system seems like a case of making something simple,over complicated.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:04 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by mknittle
That DRL system seems like a case of making something simple,over complicated.
Pretty much what happens every time our meddlesome Government gets involved!

Cheers!

Mike
Old 12-02-2014, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mike L
Pretty much what happens every time our meddlesome Government gets involved!

Cheers!

Mike
It's the same here.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cows, if you don't mind, where did you buy the red tranny crossmember bushings? mine are collapsing bad.

Quick Reply: Crewcab update...