1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Crew Cab Build!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keeping it a dually is what I want, just gonna have to see how the build ($) goes. I also been thinking on building an all wood short bed w/ removable rails. It would be dark stained wood with polished stainless steel metal work. At least it looks cool in my head . So how much does a nice set of dually wheels and tires run? I really want to go with some polished 19.5" preferably an aggressive tire, but not set in stone. Thats why I feel it will be too pricey . Where is a good place to look for dually wheels and/or what all sizes are available. I would prob. be fine with some 17" or 18" polished. Thanks for the info. and compliments. Looks like a nice build ya got going Alwaysworking!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:04 PM

I've been on ebay looking for some parts (front axle, transfer case, etc). Could someone tell me some specifics of what I need far as adapters for t case, divorced t case, king pin axle? I've not paid much attention to the 4x4 stuff till now . My buddy has a jeep J20 and J10 both which have 727 and t-cases. I'm wondering if I might get lucky and be able to pull the t-case off of one and throw it in my heap. Thanks for the help! Oh, right now I have a A518 attached to my cummins that will be going into the crew. If I need to swap trannies for simplicity please let me know. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:04 PM
alwaysonDTR

Originally Posted by NO_SPRK
what!?
look in the conversions secton its there
Old 01-15-2009, 10:05 PM
alwaysonDTR

Originally Posted by SkinnyBTN
I've been on ebay looking for some parts (front axle, transfer case, etc). Could someone tell me some specifics of what I need far as adapters for t case, divorced t case, king pin axle? I've not paid much attention to the 4x4 stuff till now . My buddy has a jeep J20 and J10 both which have 727 and t-cases. I'm wondering if I might get lucky and be able to pull the t-case off of one and throw it in my heap. Thanks for the help! Oh, right now I have a A518 attached to my cummins that will be going into the crew. If I need to swap trannies for simplicity please let me know. Thanks!
you should be able to get everything to convert your 518 to 4x4 for about 60bux
Old 01-17-2009, 11:54 AM

you should be able to get everything to convert your 518 to 4x4 for about 60bux
Could ya tell me where to look for that?
I've been looking for some 4x4 parts and not having much luck with it localy, but found another crew cab 4x4 for $1950, but its in Cali. and I'm in Tennessee. LOL! I'm debating the drive. Also, looking into shipping. Like UShip.com
If anyone has some 4x4 stuff they want to get rid of or where to find it send a PM please. THanks!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:50 PM
alwaysonDTR

i get my stuff from all automatic trans up in portland oregon.

look up alltrans in portland oregon and you should find the manual trans place, they have a link to the auto trans place
Old 02-08-2009, 08:15 PM

I'm considering shortening the Crew Cab and I'm wondering what the wheel base of some of yalls ext. cab long and short wb and other crew cab trucks is. The wheel base of my D250 reg. cab lwb is 130" and the current WB of the crew cab is 167". I want the tighter turning radius, but also feel the truck just looks kinda long. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:25 PM

Im not sure what the wheel base is on my crew cab short box,
but its with in an inch of the club cab.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Alwaysworking
crew cab 4x4 dually 5speed, thats what i'm building
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...s/DSCF5201.jpg
hey that looks like an old county truck, is it ? you guys are core ! takin on a job like that, i wish i had the time.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In Calif ?

Could ya tell me where to look for that?
I've been looking for some 4x4 parts and not having much luck with it localy, but found another crew cab 4x4 for $1950, but its in Cali. and I'm in Tennessee. LOL! I'm debating the drive. Also, looking into shipping. Like UShip.com
If anyone has some 4x4 stuff they want to get rid of or where to find it send a PM please. THanks!
Could you point me towards that one in CAlif ? Maybe I can make the time !Thanks......... Joe
Old 02-10-2009, 12:43 AM
alwaysonDTR

Originally Posted by Joseph Filippi
hey that looks like an old county truck, is it ? you guys are core ! takin on a job like that, i wish i had the time.
yes i guy i got it from worked for the county here, i want to drive that truck so bad but i dont have the time to finish it right now
Old 02-10-2009, 09:02 AM

Simplysmn has the truck for sale in the classifieds. He is asking $2500. I would just shoot him an E-mail or a PM. He can send you a pic of it.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:33 PM

Hello Folks! Well disassembly is coming along. I've got the gas tank out, the front suspension is removed, motor is ready to come out (soon as I get a cherry picker), all misc. attachment plates and brackets gone, and the cab is ready to come off. As soon as I can get the dash out . I've got it loose, flopping around, but where it meets the windshield it seems to be glued in or something. I have pulled pretty good on it, but it appears that it wants to stay put . So if anyone knows what the dilly is please fill me in. I'll have some pics up before too much longer.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:49 PM

Man, that is one sweet truck. I hear you got a pretty good deal on it too... must have taken it off of some sucker...hahaha. Anyways, glad to see someone has the time to bring the old girl back to life. I will be watching the build and following the progress.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:54 PM

Hello Folks! Well disassembly is coming along. I've got the gas tank out, the front suspension is removed, motor is ready to come out (soon as I get a cherry picker), all misc. attachment plates and brackets gone, and the cab is ready to come off. As soon as I can get the dash out . I've got it loose, flopping around, but where it meets the windshield it seems to be glued in or something. I have pulled pretty good on it, but it appears that it wants to stay put . So if anyone knows what the dilly is please fill me in. I'll have some pics up before too much longer.

The dash has screws that are holding the dash and you either have to remove the windshield or find out where they're located and cut into the rubber to reach the screws.

Quick Reply: Crew Cab Build!