1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Crazy Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazy Ideas

Right now Im in AC class at school its pretty boring, so i have a lot of down time. So i was wondering one day what if someone cooled their fuel right before it went in to the engine? Wouldnt that give you a extra boost of HP? or am I thinking wrong. Any way if cooling the fuel would raise hp then i have an idea of how to do it.

Say one took copper tubing thats plyible, and wrapped it around the fuel line then on one end the had a valve that a CO2 bottle could attacht to with a regulator, he could turn the valve on the co2 would run through the copper tubing, (hopefuly not causing it to explode) and cool the fuel line. Then it came to venting the co2 out of the end of the tube. I know somepeople are creating a intercooler cooler, so i thought why not run the tube towards the inter cooler, that way the venting gas would cool the air and the fuel.

I dont know its just a thought, i think itd be pretty cool, it if worked. And too bad you cant vent R12 thatd work great at cooling the intercooler lol
Old 02-03-2006, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On my old gasser a cool can was very effective, but on a fuel injected enginge you lose that advantage. By creating pressure the fuel is heated, You have the right idea but are cooling the wrong part. Try cooling the charge air, with a water/air intercooler and ice its possible to get the temp down to ambient temps, that means more power.