1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Cody, Swank, others???? Updates??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cody, Swank, others???? Updates??

It's getting awful boring in these 1st gen forums lately . Yeah I know its battery, grid heater, ksb, starter, new owner, rear end ratio, auto or stick, nitrous, water/meth SEASON . But wheres all the big power, 14mm pump head, hx40 and above, 400+hp, 5000rpm gov spring , VE POWER THREADS?????????????
Old 11-11-2005, 02:30 PM

Hey Bill, I have been waiting to hear how yours was working. Did you make it to a dyno yet? How is the drivability with your pump setup and that turbo? how quick does it lite? Thanks for being a "gueni" pig I have no freakin idea how to spell that
Brenden
Old 11-11-2005, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by bgilbert
It's getting awful boring in these 1st gen forums lately . Yeah I know its battery, grid heater, ksb, starter, new owner, rear end ratio, auto or stick, nitrous, water/meth SEASON . But wheres all the big power, 14mm pump head, hx40 and above, 400+hp, 5000rpm gov spring , VE POWER THREADS?????????????

Maybe they blew up

JK- I hope all is well,
Michael
Old 11-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All of my mods are in my fuel tank...

I figure that I've burned twins, PODS, exhaust and intake in the past six months alone...

This weekends project is to start converting my truck to veggie oil. But that's been the weekend's project for the past two months, so...
Old 11-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Chapter President

Hey Bill, You could turn something up of yours to make big power and break something. Everyone would have something to talk about, and it wouldn't be so boring around here.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:21 AM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
What? Bored ? Yawl ain't snowed in up thar yet are ya? Just teasing, I'm one of the new guys. Only had the truck since June, was Dieseldude4x4's, and am waiting for the overtime money this spring. There is a Dyno Day tomorrow in VA Beach that I am going to use to get some base line numbers and some final pump tweaks. I need to try and map out a plan for some more bombs and figure out cost. I have to keep a reserve aside for a trans and torque converter. I don't want to replace/rebuild until they show me some problems, which shouldn't be far down the line. IF you travel into Southeast VA look us up.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:50 PM

i'm in hawaii . minds FAAAAAARRRRRRR away from the truck right now. i'll be back soon though. on my way out i stopped by the shop that will be doing the pump work for me. talked to him for a bit and found out that i need to get some part #'s for him. so that's what i'm waiting on now.

dave
Old 11-12-2005, 05:41 PM

Hey Bill don't be mad but ve pumps don't get my jollys off any more. They really pi$$ me off all the $ you spend on one won't come cloes to a p7100 inline pump. Hey guys just buy a used p pump off ebay for aroud $400.00 and get some deliver vales and remove the cam plate it will kick the ve A$$. Don't get me wrong the ve is all right but dollar for dollar you will never get the fuel or rpms from the ve. If you want horse power talk get a P pump A used timing cover injectors and P is all u need.

91 CUMMINS 3500 TO MUCH TO LIST
Old 11-12-2005, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by tboling
Hey Bill don't be mad but ve pumps don't get my jollys off any more. They really pi$$ me off all the $ you spend on one won't come cloes to a p7100 inline pump. Hey guys just buy a used p pump off ebay for aroud $400.00 and get some deliver vales and remove the cam plate it will kick the ve A$$. Don't get me wrong the ve is all right but dollar for dollar you will never get the fuel or rpms from the ve. If you want horse power talk get a P pump A used timing cover injectors and P is all u need.

91 CUMMINS 3500 TO MUCH TO LIST
This is all before the 14mm VE head came along. It will approach the fuel output of a HOT p-pump and it sure seems to put down respectable numbers on the dyno.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya but then theres always the reliability problem. hopefully that will be solved soon
Old 11-13-2005, 12:23 AM
DBF

Even though I just had PDR rebuild a VE for me (and install it), I'd like to know more about the 14mm mod. Would someone please point me to a technical discussion on the subject?

Tx, DBF
Old 11-13-2005, 01:28 AM

the motherload
Old 11-13-2005, 10:15 AM

I just now saw this thread since I have been at the DHRA finals in Houston all weekend. It was a great time and saw alot of fast trucks. As far as my truck goes...I fired it up on Friday night, but havent run it any since I'm having some serious clutch issues. The truck sounds nice and smooth and I can also tell this pump will have better throttle response. Also tried some different things to help fuel flow. So far I have been seeing anywhere from 22-17psi fuel pressure at idle, but will be able to tell more once I start driving it.
Cody
Old 11-13-2005, 10:39 AM

DBF, follow Swanks link to the 'motherload' LMAO... Get ahold of KTA-Cummins on that site, diesel-central. I'm considering getting a new VE or reman from Scheids or PDR and then getting another 14mm head installed on it. This way I have another 500hp pump.

Cody keep up the good work, I'm sure it will run fine for you. Just keep good fuel in the tank, clean filters, check drain the water separator every other week or so, and continue using good fuel additive in each tank.

For my news: Installed the 60# valve springs the other night, set overhead to 8/18. Oh and I'm starting to think that with this much fuel, timing AND no cold start mechanisms, this winter miiiiight be tough LOL. I've only seen 32*f so far, and I've actually had to crank it for ONE second, instead of the instaneous start . Even at below 0*f I've never had to crank it for than a second or two - called big battery, air tight fuel system, NO GRIDS, and good alternator and starter.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:43 PM

Well I should have a 400+ hp stock pump in my hands sometime this next week. I know it’s not very exciting, but there has only been a couple of people that could achieve 400+ with a stock 12mm pump. I should have the pieces of the 14mm head/rotor also. It broke in about 10 different pieces and completely destroyed the internals of the pump. Only thing good is the case. I will be shipping he pieces back to KTA to see what he thinks went wrong. My pump guy had some ideas, but since it completely destroyed everything he isn’t 100% positive what went wrong.

Stomp

Quick Reply: Cody, Swank, others???? Updates??