1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Carlisle PA. Mopar weekend of awesomeness

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 11:03 AM

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts
Walked by the first gens, saw project covid and Ollie. My 5 year old was done with the day so I did not stop to chat or say hi. Hopefully next year we will go out again and maybe spend some more time in the show field.

Did anyone here see the black/emerald 68 w200 just up from the vendor section? That had to be one of the nicest trucks I saw. Owner was saying that it was still being assembled at the end of june.

Seeing the white/red crewcab and prototype was cool, again didnt get to spend much time looking at them.

Lots of cool 80s chargers/Shelby dodges to check out.
Old 07-23-2024, 08:41 AM

Received 2,539 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by KRB
The pictures are much appreciated!!!

That red & black Ram Charger is pretty sharp. No pics of yourall's rigs though? Make any good finds in the swap meet?

Thanks for sharing!

The black and red rig is a Plymouth trailduster and is super clean and sharp. It is way nicer than it was when it came off the dealer lot.
It had 2 miles on it last year. It had 12 miles on it this year. I am guessing those are on and off the trailer miles to make to a years worth of car shows. the rig is too nice for me if you can not drive it more that 10 miles a year.
Old 07-23-2024, 08:45 AM

Received 2,539 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby/Dakota
Walked by the first gens, saw project covid and Ollie. My 5 year old was done with the day so I did not stop to chat or say hi. Hopefully next year we will go out again and maybe spend some more time in the show field.

Did anyone here see the black/emerald 68 w200 just up from the vendor section? That had to be one of the nicest trucks I saw. Owner was saying that it was still being assembled at the end of june.

Seeing the white/red crewcab and prototype was cool, again didnt get to spend much time looking at them.

Lots of cool 80s chargers/Shelby dodges to check out.
Sorry to have missed meeting you and the family.
I agree there was an extra strong showing of 80's turbo charged cars to check out this year .
Old 07-24-2024, 04:48 AM
KRB

Received 524 Likes on 363 Posts
Ah, I didn't notice the badging on that Trail Duster. WOW, 12 total miles since rebuild. So basically it is a piece of art, not to be used, only admired. That explains the pristine condition. Maybe after a few years of admiring their work they'll want to enjoy it in another dimension. I can understand preserving an original as an antique. An artifact to show the new generations what was reality before them. But that rig is modified with "upgrades", begs to be used and enjoyed. I'll never be able to afford nor desire a new or pristine vehicle. Scratches and dings are inevitable and I sleep better when I'm not the first to apply them. All mine have lots of farm customized pin stripes but all the noticeable blemishes are thanks to cows, horses or previous owners. Sorry, I digressed...

Thanks all for sharing the pictures, observations and memories.

Maybe I'll see some of you in September in Bowling Green...
Old 07-24-2024, 05:13 AM

Received 88 Likes on 73 Posts
I had 2 new cars in my life. '81 Charger 2.2, and an '87 Toyota long bed regular cab. The Charger was a turd in many ways. It looked good!
Old 07-29-2024, 11:01 AM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by BHD
NJTman, those are great pics!

As you mentioned the Chrysler Nationals never fail to impress me. I've been going to that show since i was in high school, back when '68 R/T Chargers could be bought in the car coral and driven home for less than 10 grand.

We were only able to make it for Friday afternoon this year but it was a great time spent with Ollie, Charlotte, NJTman, Mrs NJTman, Island Bill and his cousin Jen.

We had plenty of time for a wine challenge with Bill, a few hot laps around the flea market and show field in Bill's pimped out golf cart, and the road rally competition.

To all of y'all that keep putting off going to this event, you really need to make time for it. The 1st gen Dodge crew is possibly the best group of people I have ever been around, and every year we get to meet more folks that become part of the crew, so put it on your calender for next July. I have been given strict orders that we will be there for the entirety next year.
I agree with everything you said, and I wish I could stay the week as well. It's way to nice, and my wife is way too happy there, so it's a win-win for me.

Great hanging with you, the Mrs. Ollie and the gang. You're all dear to both myself, and my wife, and the only way things would be better is if we were neighbors, and I could see ya's more often.

Ollie saved us on Saturday. My toyota froze it's belt tensioner, and fried the belt as we were getting it the truck to go home from a week in VT. Luckily, it's parked in our driveway, and we weren't stuck on the side of 91 in some far off mountain range with no cell service. Ollie taking us to the ONLY car rental saved the day, made good memories, and had me and my wife to watch yell at each other for leaving ship back at the house, having to go back up an hour to get the dog medications.

Fun, fun fun. Was an enjoyable ride with Ollie, none the less, riding in a real 1st gen with 37" baloney skins on it. Since I'm never a passenger, I was blessed to see the countryside on the way down.

And as USUAL, I'm looking forwards to Next year's carlisle aready. We couldn't have had better weather on Friday, other than being a comfortable 82 degrees F. I prefer the 60-ish range F, but that's just me.

BTW. when you pick up any rental car, DEMAND that the person working there inspect the car with you, and TAKE PHOTOS. They tried to pin a damaged muffler system on me, and it was a real PITA to get out of it, simply because the person who was checking the car out for us, was too busy to go outside and inspect the car we took. Almost cost us $2500 in repairs for something we did NOT DO.