1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Carlisle PA. Mopar weekend of awesomeness

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2024, 06:18 AM

Received 2,539 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Carlisle PA. Mopar weekend of awesomeness

Okay, it is that time of year again.

Hardly a day goes by without me getting an update from a MOPAR buddy about what they are bringing down, or when they are showing up...or who they are bringing with them.

Sounds like we will have a small bunch of us over in the stock '81-'93 truck class. I can think of at least 3 or 4 friend's sweet rides that are headed down to the show.
We will have a crew cab 12V conversion or two, Island Bill's twin turbo'ed W-250, and my buddy from Long Island sounds like he is bringing down his W-350 dually - all parked next to Charlotte and me in Project Covid.

I know summer is a tough time of year to get some time off....BUT my recommendation is drop what you are doing and head towards Carlisle for the big weekend.
You have just over 2 weeks to get your but in gear.
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (06-26-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 07:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
It has been so quiet I was not sure if anyone was going this year.
I will be in the show field for the first time ever. They put me in the Y423 section which is 2 rows from the track against the back fence. Long walk to everything. Does not really matter because it is great to get away and see what everyone has been up to the last 12 months. I hope I can find you guys again this year.
Have a safe trip!
Old 06-25-2024, 09:01 AM

The first Carlisle show I went to was '98.
Then when my kid was born I only went a few times for the first 7 years.
My daughter and I have been going together since she was 8. We only missed the show in 2020 as it is a long drive just to find out if the show was actually cancelled or not.
She asked me when she was 7 when I was going to ever take her to the Carlisle car show I was always talking about with my friends. By the time she was 10 we where on the show field with our '85 crew cab, 12V conversion, on 37s, making Jiffy Pop popcorn on the stove in a '86 slide in camper. We have had something Cummins powered on the show field since.

My buddy Pat from L.I. NY said he is in section 419 with his blue '92/'93 club cab W350 dually. He said that section is between the car washing area and the race track, but before the rolling hill. I should be parked near him in the same section I would guess. We will be in Project Covid, the same maroon and Champagne colored W-250 on 37s with a white capper on it, we took the past 2 years.
Bill's Candy Cane colored, twin turbo'ed '92/'93 W-250 should be in the same line up. I am going to guess BHD will with there with his wife in some cool Dodge that is Cummins powered...maybe even in the new crew cab Road Tractor.
MrFusion should join us as well...he has been talking about getting his old Dodge called the Tan Turd ready for the show for a few years now.

We will have a few tents set up to get out of the sun and some cool drinks wherever they put us 1st gens this year.
Thanks and safe travels down to you as well!
The following 2 users liked this post by oliver foster:
NJTman (07-06-2024), nothingbutdarts (06-25-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 10:43 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
So, the brick still sits, unattended, and not fixed, so I won't be driving it to Carlisle, this year. We will, God willing, still be there, except driving a foreign jobber, either Yota or Honda. Depends on how hot it's supposed to be, and how my spine feels that day, and the wife coordinating the pups being home, as we're not intending to bring the brood with us, due to heat and just plain annoyance.

Stopped by Ollies a week or two ago, and saw Miss Mitzy, and her siblings tooling around. Mitzy, once she gets to know you, and daddy Ollie says 'you're okay", is a pure mound of love muffin. 200lbs of love muffin. Sounds like an old girlfriend from high school.

Pray the weather isn't like last year, standing around feeling the sweat drip down the azz cheeks, past the legs, and into the shoes. Mr. Fusion, BHD, Bill, Pat and anyone else who shows up will be a sight for sore eyes, as this is my favorite day of the year, doing anything special.

Squeeze ya later

Mitzy chiling out.
oliver foster (06-27-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 11:22 AM

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts
Should be there with my dad and two of my kids. We will not be rolling in a vintage mopar anything, dad booked a gladiator rental so if he finds any turbo dodge goodies for his GLHS or GLH he can bring them home.
I need a crewcab lol.
oliver foster (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 04:48 AM
KRB

Received 524 Likes on 363 Posts
Some day... In the mean time, I'll have to make do with MoParty.

BUT, any and all pictures will be appreciated, as usual, by us voyeurs!
oliver foster (06-29-2024)
Old 07-06-2024, 12:13 PM

Well, it's Saturday, and been so busy between work, wife, and stupidity (blurring the lines here), I haven't been able to call Ollie back, nor do much of anything else that wasn't immediately required.

Friday or Saturday, tiz the question.

Either way, weather SOOKS in Carlisle. Not sure what's happening there today, but it's 94* and humid. Glad I'm not there today.

Friday looks to be, menza menza, eh..... Should be there one day, or the other depending on who can watch the mutts.

YUCK !
Old 07-07-2024, 02:19 PM

My internet has been down for a few days.
I am in town washing all our camping gear.
If camping in the rain is what we got. That is what we are going to do. Hope to see some of you guys down at the show.
Old 07-07-2024, 05:42 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
As of tonight they are saying 25% chance of rain Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Besides, I had a stroke last October and it took 6 weeks before I could walk a straight line so a little rain is not going to stop me from being there.
Old 07-11-2024, 09:47 AM

Weather changing by the minute.

See ya tomorrow

Old 07-19-2024, 05:45 AM

Another great time was had at Carlisle again this year. We got to hang out with a couple of you guys at the show.
The following 2 users liked this post by oliver foster:
NJTman (07-19-2024), nothingbutdarts (07-19-2024)
Old 07-19-2024, 05:08 PM

So, I'm finally able to get to my computer, and see what's going on here.

Carlisle was awesome, as without the dogs, and the extreme heat, we were actually able to enjoy the day. Spending the day with Ollie, BHD Greg, Charlotte, Bill and his cousin was really fun, and we weren't sopping wet just standing there. So rare you get to enjoy the day, and not have wet undies all the while.

So we watched the races, and Team Viper won, I believe. THere was an omin, a 68 Charger, and a couple K cars that were just amazing. Dodge Spirit 4 door was lifting it's tires going around the turns, which was such a blast. Here you have these little junky econoboxes going against a prostreet charger, and a Viper, staying within a few seconds of them for the lap. Crazy. This old guy had a convertible K car and it was just whizzing around the track like nothing, and he's in his 70's. Drove it home too.

Saw the Green hornet, Bunch of Plymouth Savoy's Cudas, Superbirds, and trucks. All was good. Best time we had in years, IMO. Took Ollie and Charlotte out to dinner before we left for home. Good company, good times. My favorite single day of the year besides ******** the wife (haha, joking)

Ollie and Charlotte .

Ollie and charlotte .

Ollie and Mr. Fusion Tim. .

Green hornet with Trump .

Green hornet. .

First Gen Cudas .

First Gen Cudas .

Little red express and A100 row .

Charger. .

Charger. .

Smoking oil .

MY FAVORITE CARS EVER 2nd Gen Cuda .

Yeah .

yeah yeah .

oooh la la .

Ollie, BHD, BHD Woman, Cousin and Bill
nothingbutdarts (07-21-2024)
Old 07-20-2024, 08:05 AM
BHD

Received 423 Likes on 281 Posts
NJTman, those are great pics!

As you mentioned the Chrysler Nationals never fail to impress me. I've been going to that show since i was in high school, back when '68 R/T Chargers could be bought in the car coral and driven home for less than 10 grand.

We were only able to make it for Friday afternoon this year but it was a great time spent with Ollie, Charlotte, NJTman, Mrs NJTman, Island Bill and his cousin Jen.

We had plenty of time for a wine challenge with Bill, a few hot laps around the flea market and show field in Bill's pimped out golf cart, and the road rally competition.

To all of y'all that keep putting off going to this event, you really need to make time for it. The 1st gen Dodge crew is possibly the best group of people I have ever been around, and every year we get to meet more folks that become part of the crew, so put it on your calender for next July. I have been given strict orders that we will be there for the entirety next year.
The following 3 users liked this post by BHD:
NJTman (07-29-2024), nothingbutdarts (07-21-2024), oliver foster (07-23-2024)
Old 07-20-2024, 08:16 AM
BHD

Received 423 Likes on 281 Posts

Prototype Cummins mule

I need one of these...

Old school parts chaser.

The following 2 users liked this post by BHD:
NJTman (07-29-2024), nothingbutdarts (07-21-2024)
Old 07-21-2024, 05:33 AM
KRB

Received 524 Likes on 363 Posts
The pictures are much appreciated!!!

That red & black Ram Charger is pretty sharp. No pics of yourall's rigs though? Make any good finds in the swap meet?

Thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply: Carlisle PA. Mopar weekend of awesomeness