1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Carlisle Mopar show 2023 July 15th weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2023, 08:08 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
We got back in last night from the show. It was a great weekend of fun with a awesome group of people.

There where NO road side wrench sessions on the 1000 mile round trip. The biggest truck malfunction was I burned out one of the brake light filaments on the drive home.

Sorry you didn't make it this year Gunch.

I know some of the DTR boys took some show pictures and will likely post them.
Yes I will. Once I get this stink and sweat off my old a$ body, and shove a few pieces of pizza down my gullet.

Old 07-18-2023, 06:44 AM

Photos from the show on Saturday.

Hot as hades that day. Standing around with good friends, feeling the sweat roll down your inner thighs, into your socks is such an experience, all should enjoy.

Ollie and the group are always a hoot to hang with. Mr. Fusion, Ollie, me, Ollie's daughter, Ollie's VT buddy, Mr. Bill, and all the wackadoodle characters that showed up and chatted. Thing about being with Ollie is that because he's world famous, there's always someone stopping him, grabbing his ear, and shaking his hand. I mean it's like hanging out with Daisy Duke, without the ****** and plastic surgery. You're trying to walk the show, and being stopped by Ollie fans is just crazy. I had 4 people ask ME for MY autograph, because I was walking along side Ollie ! I mean what a pain !

lol.

1st gen barbie

1st gen barbie

1st gen barbie

1st gen barbie

Hoodlums at the show

More hoodlums

1st gen section

1st gen section

1st gen section

1st gen section

Old 07-18-2023, 06:49 AM

So, we had a really good time, except for the sweating profusely.

The hoodlums were out in force, but they were harmless. That Barbie truck made me wanna puke, but that's just me.

Mr. Fusion was there, Missed BHD from the previous day, and as usual, the star of the show Ollie showed us around.

1st gen section

1st gen section

1st gen section

1st gen section

1st gen section

1st gen section

HD Ride

HD ride

1st gen section
Old 07-18-2023, 06:53 AM

The other mopar rides were way cool. The blue custom was freaking amazing. I could have spent all day inspecting it, as everything was customized. He had countless mods to it, and the tail lights made from real connecting rods just blew my mind.

1st gen section

Love this ride

So much to look at

Bumper mania

Tail lights out of connecting rods

wicked

Look at this engineering.
Old 07-18-2023, 06:55 AM

The hemi cars were cool, but it was so hot it was hard to get around with the wife moaning. Haha. Yeah it was hot.

Wagons galore

Hemi wagon

A100 lineup

I want this truck

One off custom AMC

End of the day after the diner

13 gallons to get there.
Old 07-18-2023, 09:03 AM

Received 2,539 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Nice work there T-man.
Charlotte didn't take to many pictures this year, so I really appreciate the quality show pictures.

The 1st gen Barbie truck made me feel a little sad for the old W-350 5 speed, club cab dually.
The blue tooth operated NP-205 was a nice touch....UGGG. At least the chromed and power coated everything was done.
It was safe enough to drive on and off the trailer at low speeds. It looked like it needed a lot of work to make it a "driver".
Old 07-18-2023, 09:50 AM
BHD

Received 423 Likes on 281 Posts
Nice pics Tman! It wasn't nearly as hot as you claim it was on Friday. We had plenty of refreshing beverages to cool us down.
Old 07-18-2023, 09:56 AM
BHD

Friday was an absolutely beautiful day to look at the sights at Chrysler Nationals. If you needed to buy any part for a current project or just buy a new project in any state or disrepair, this was the place

Old 07-18-2023, 10:16 AM
BHD

First thing Friday morning, Ollie redirected me to the correct truck section and definitely saved our lives. This is the crew for Friday's shenanigans missing from the pictures is Ol' Mutt who stopped by midday.

Old 07-18-2023, 10:31 AM
BHD

More truck pics from the day

Old 07-18-2023, 11:14 AM

Received 366 Likes on 272 Posts
It looks like the usual suspects, had the usual good time......

The old Power Wagon is reminiscent of what hauled us weapons crews between aircraft on the flightline during alerts 50 years ago...And the A-100's look like what our flight chief drove to bring us coffee and spare parts, plus the occasional flightline heater he absconded with when nobody was looking on those cold nights......Ben
Old 07-19-2023, 05:14 AM
KRB

Received 524 Likes on 363 Posts
Ohhhh Mannnnnnnn!!!!
Thanks for all the great pictures everyone!!! Must be an amazing event, I don't see how you could take it all in in just a day or two.
I too felt sorry for the Barbie truck, made me a little sick at my stomach...
I think I saw Schwazarski's (I can't remember how to spell his name eh?) 1990 Canadian with the splitter but not his crew cab duallie CTD?
This is definitely on my list once I retire!!!
Old 07-19-2023, 06:49 AM

Yes. That silver 1990 was Robert from Canada. He only showed up on Sat. this year. With Covid I had not seen him at the show for 3 years. He didn't bring his crew cab, but his dad was parked next to him in that clean red and white W350 club cab.

I don't see how you could take it all in, even if you stayed there all weekend.
There where almost 3200 rigs in the show field. Some where there for only one of the days. The vendor section would take you ALL day to rummage through...Then add the several hundred cars and trucks for sale in the car corral.
Then add in running into a few old buddies...Then have a few refreshments and a burger or two and the weekend is over before you check it all out.

Hope you can make it out next year KRB. Bring the truck and park it with us for the weekend.
Old 07-19-2023, 08:08 AM

Received 115 Likes on 67 Posts
Nice pics Tman thanks a lot looks like you guys had fun.I noticed the trucks were on the level ground this year is that new this year.
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (07-23-2023)
Old 07-19-2023, 08:27 AM

Yes they put the '72-'93 2wd and 4x4 classes along with the Ramchargers and Trail Dusters section down, front and center by the grandstands. It was a big change, rather than hidden away by the racing track on the back side of the sloping hill.

Must be they are realizing these old trucks are getting as popular as the Cuda's, Road Runners, Darts, Demons, Chargers, Super Bees, Coronets, Belvederes and Challengers. It also meant we we grouped together better I thought, so Saturday morning was more fun for Charlotte and I for voting. This is as they group you to vote for only the people around you, so in previous years we are voting on PT cruisers, Darts, Vipers, Sebring, Neons, Chrysler 300s and Prowlers as the truck class was smaller.

This year we got to vote the Ramcharger / TDs, The A-100s, Street Rods, AMCs, Emergency Rigs [think ambulance and cop cars], '72-80 2wd Dodge trucks, '72-80 4x4 trucks, '81-93 stock 4x4 trucks, '81/93 stock 2wd trucks, ' 70s street vans, Then all the late 70s cars just barely hanging on the the muscle car era, like the Cordobas, Diplomats, Aspens, Miradas and Volares.

Quick Reply: Carlisle Mopar show 2023 July 15th weekend.