1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Carlisle Mopar show 2023 July 15th weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2023, 08:48 PM
BHD

Received 423 Likes on 281 Posts
Sarah and I will be there at some point on Saturday. Unless the weather looks better on Friday..... anyway life only allows for one day this year. I may bring the FireWagon or we may be spectators.

I am looking forward to seeing Ollie, Charlotte, Island Bill, Tman, and Mr Fusion and any other DTR members that have the opportunity to attend the show. If I am on the show field I will have plenty of cold IPAs to share.
Old 06-30-2023, 08:57 PM
BHD

Originally Posted by KRB
So, for someone who's never been but aspires too someday, how does it work, basically?

You "enter" your truck in the show and it stays in the lineup the whole time? Whats the camping there like? Woodstockish?
The cost of "entering the showfield" is about the same cost as paying for parking and 2 walk in admission tickets. And the show field pass is good for the entire show and 2 people. Also if you choose to bring along beverages that enhance your experience, it makes them easier to access vs paying for super sugary and extra "leaded" at the "adult" concession stand. It really is a one of a kind experience with exceptional people, last year they set a record of over 3100 show field entries on Saturday. And that is anything from a 1920s Dodge Bros Touring Coupe to a late model Demon.
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (07-01-2023)
Old 07-01-2023, 09:12 AM

Received 2,539 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by BHD
Sarah and I will be there at some point on Saturday. Unless the weather looks better on Friday..... anyway life only allows for one day this year. I may bring the FireWagon or we may be spectators.

I am looking forward to seeing Ollie, Charlotte, Island Bill, Tman, and Mr Fusion and any other DTR members that have the opportunity to attend the show. If I am on the show field I will have plenty of cold IPAs to share.
Sorry to hear you will not be hanging out for the whole weekend.
I have warned Island Bill that I am sure someone is bringing the Sharpie marker this year, so he should watch out for taking mid day naps after his island rum drinks...

I look forward to enjoying some of the show with you and Sarah.
Old 07-01-2023, 09:00 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
Sorry to hear you will not be hanging out for the whole weekend.
I have warned Island Bill that I am sure someone is bringing the Sharpie marker this year, so he should watch out for taking mid day naps after his island rum drinks...

I look forward to enjoying some of the show with you and Sarah.
One of the highlights for me and the ball and chain is seeing you, Greg, Super Tim Ozborne, Walter, Charlotte, Bill and all the other wacka-doodles that show up in your canopied area.

This year should be no different.

Old 07-06-2023, 10:57 PM
KRB

Received 524 Likes on 363 Posts
Hope somebody can take some pictures and post for us voyeurs...
Old 07-08-2023, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by KRB
Hope somebody can take some pictures and post for us voyeurs...
Be more than happy to.

Maybe you can do the same for where you live and all the beautiful places out there.

Wish you could just be there, though.
Old 07-08-2023, 06:40 PM
KRB

Originally Posted by NJTman
Be more than happy to.

Maybe you can do the same for where you live and all the beautiful places out there.

Wish you could just be there, though.
Wish I could be there too! Maybe soon as retirement isn't that far away maybe.

I would share pictures if I could, or rather, if I was capable.

I'm almost as tech limited as Oliver. All I have is a flip phone and that's only because our land line is even less reliable than cell service and my employer expects me to have a cell phone (they pay for it). Never used an "app". Killed our TV in 1996. I use my wife's business computer to check email, get on forums and look up stuff. Last time I played a computer game was when they had them at arcades and you put a token in the slot.

The main thing I have over Oliver is that I advanced to using a rattle can where he uses a brush. His argument has merits and I'm trying to wean myself.

So, I guess in a long (and apologetic) way, I'm saying I'm like most Americans now days in that I want something but expect somebody else to provide it for me with little or nothing in return...
Old 07-10-2023, 05:25 PM

I'm getting itchy to get to Carlise. Hope the weather is nice this weekend.

Old 07-11-2023, 06:48 AM

This is what y'all be missing

Old 07-11-2023, 12:49 PM

Right now after all the rain we got the past 48 hours which is 4 to 5 inches, almost all the bridges and culverts around me are washed out. A lot of the dirt roads are washed out, wth trenches up to 6 + ft deep. Some of the paved roads over bridges and the like are just missing.
Spent the morning driving around checking in on neighbors and friends on the ATV.
It is going to be hard to find an open road out of VT. Upstate NY got hit pretty hard too. Should be an exciting trip down.
Old 07-11-2023, 05:12 PM
KRB

Been hearing about all that water on the news. Glad you're safe. Be a while before things are back to normal.
Old 07-11-2023, 06:43 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
Right now after all the rain we got the past 48 hours which is 4 to 5 inches, almost all the bridges and culverts around me are washed out. A lot of the dirt roads are washed out, wth trenches up to 6 + ft deep. Some of the paved roads over bridges and the like are just missing.
Spent the morning driving around checking in on neighbors and friends on the ATV.
It is going to be hard to find an open road out of VT. Upstate NY got hit pretty hard too. Should be an exciting trip down.
Oliver do you own any scuba gear or at least a good snorkel? Stay safe and dry.

Edwin
Old 07-12-2023, 12:39 PM
BHD

Plans have changed on my end. We will be hitting the show on Friday vs Saturday. I hope to spend the entire weekend next year.
Old 07-13-2023, 08:55 PM

Received 115 Likes on 67 Posts
Well I had everything done and ready for Carlisle til yesterday evening and the power steering just started leaking oil really bad .Tman take some pictures was hoping to see you guys maybe next year.
Old 07-17-2023, 07:35 AM

We got back in last night from the show. It was a great weekend of fun with a awesome group of people.

There where NO road side wrench sessions on the 1000 mile round trip. The biggest truck malfunction was I burned out one of the brake light filaments on the drive home.

Sorry you didn't make it this year Gunch.

I know some of the DTR boys took some show pictures and will likely post them.

Quick Reply: Carlisle Mopar show 2023 July 15th weekend.