1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Carlisle Mopar show 2023 July 15th weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2023, 11:31 AM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Carlisle Mopar show 2023 July 15th weekend.

Who's going this year?

I know I am.

I'm sure Ollie is.

Anyone going? Saturday is the busy day, usually ?

Maybe we'll see the ghost Tim there.

Old 06-24-2023, 12:23 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I was there in 2021 but broke down on the way last year by Harrisburg and had to get towed home. I will try again this year. I am planning on being there on Friday and Saturday.
Old 06-24-2023, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by oldmutt
I was there in 2021 but broke down on the way last year by Harrisburg and had to get towed home. I will try again this year. I am planning on being there on Friday and Saturday.
I'm not bringing the dodge, so I'll be on foot.

Should take about 3days or so to get there, if we walk the highways.

Old 06-24-2023, 04:23 PM

Received 115 Likes on 67 Posts
Do you guys get a room or drive back and forth or what
Old 06-25-2023, 06:36 AM

Received 2,539 Likes on 1,679 Posts
I will be heading down, most likely in my 2wd to 4x4, '93 club cab build, Project Covid like I did last year. This means we should be in the stock '81-'93 Dodge truck class.
My friend "Island Bill" will be making his 2nd trip down after having SO much fun at his first show last year. His clean '92 candy cane colored W-250 should be parked close by.
It looks like Charlotte will get the time off work so we can continue our summer tradition of heading to the show.

I know Island Bill got himself a hotel room. Charlotte and I will be camping out of our truck in the show field.

Are you headed down again this year Gunch? Bringing the truck and putting it in the show field this year?
Old 06-25-2023, 10:50 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I have over 100,000 air miles so I get a room by trading in points. Saves me 350 driving miles.
Old 06-25-2023, 08:38 PM

Id like to I have some things I need to get done on the truck.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Gunch
Id like to I have some things I need to get done on the truck.
Well you have over 2 weeks to get the truck dialed in!
We hope to see you at the show again this year.

I just drove Project Covid into my shop to chuck it up on the lift and check for any loose bolts, ETC from the frame off build 3,000 miles ago.
Charlotte and I had spent the day Sunday fixing up a cool 1975 D200 Camper 9000 Adventurer SE to be her first Mopar driver. As far as we can tell it has just over 50,000 original miles on it.
After an afternoon of wrenching on it we took it for a short test ride. We ran it out of gas and had to walk a mile down my dirt road to get home and grab a jerry can. We got to chat with a few of our neighbors on the walk home.
Making memories with my daughter...one at a time.
The following 3 users liked this post by oliver foster:
edwinsmith (06-26-2023), NJTman (06-26-2023), Sheep Herder (06-26-2023)
Old 06-26-2023, 01:59 PM

Yea memories with the kids it don’t get any better than that.My one boy still talks about me hitting his hand with the hammer when he was holding the chisel.That’s what I told him making memories buddy.
Old 06-27-2023, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by oliver foster
Well you have over 2 weeks to get the truck dialed in!
We hope to see you at the show again this year.

I just drove Project Covid into my shop to chuck it up on the lift and check for any loose bolts, ETC from the frame off build 3,000 miles ago.
Charlotte and I had spent the day Sunday fixing up a cool 1975 D200 Camper 9000 Adventurer SE to be her first Mopar driver. As far as we can tell it has just over 50,000 original miles on it.
After an afternoon of wrenching on it we took it for a short test ride. We ran it out of gas and had to walk a mile down my dirt road to get home and grab a jerry can. We got to chat with a few of our neighbors on the walk home.
Making memories with my daughter...one at a time.
Good story.

I guess her cell phone wasn't in range ? You know, to call Walter or someone else to bring you some fuel ?

Gas gauge next, I presume?

DOH !
Old 06-27-2023, 11:26 PM
KRB

Received 524 Likes on 363 Posts
So, for someone who's never been but aspires too someday, how does it work, basically?

You "enter" your truck in the show and it stays in the lineup the whole time? Whats the camping there like? Woodstockish?
Old 06-28-2023, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Good story.

I guess her cell phone wasn't in range ? You know, to call Walter or someone else to bring you some fuel ?

Gas gauge next, I presume?

DOH !
Cell phones?..They don't work very well around where I live.
It really was a nice walk home, only one car passed us and they stopped to chat after asking if we needed help.

The gas gauge doesn't work..Or maybe it just reads empty...when it is empty. Haha
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (06-28-2023)
Old 06-28-2023, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by KRB
So, for someone who's never been but aspires too someday, how does it work, basically?

You "enter" your truck in the show and it stays in the lineup the whole time? Whats the camping there like? Woodstockish?
Most people drive into the show for the day, then drive back to their home, hotel, or the like. There is a "camping" section in the 100 acre show area, that is mostly filled with big RVs pulling big trailers with Hemi 'Cudas, Superbirds and the like in them.
They also offer camping and parking just outside the venue for people that just came to look at cool stuff, and not show their car.

We just camp out of the back of our truck in the show field, which I don't think they advertise as an option, but we have been doing for over 10 years. The first year we camped in the show field I had my '86 pop up camper in my lifted '85 crew cab. We got 3rd place in our class that year. I think people liked us cooking Jiffy Pop, or lunch in our well used, 0% shiny paint, lifted and Cummins converted "show rig" right in our show spot.

They do have clean showers and bathrooms open 24HRS a day and food vendors till about 7 pm on premises. Their is also a diner and brewery walking distance away. I do not move my truck for days in a row. We just leave it in our show spot and walk everywhere.
Old 06-28-2023, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by KRB

It's definitely a family atmosphere.

No fighting.
No crazies selling encyclopedias
No pride shows with dudes and their dongles hanging out in kids faces
Lots of food, beer, talk about trucks and other "Toys" you shoot with.

I never slept over, but from what I could tell, it's really a great experience to stay for a few days.
Old 06-28-2023, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by oliver foster
Cell phones?..They don't work very well around where I live.
It really was a nice walk home, only one car passed us and they stopped to chat after asking if we needed help.

The gas gauge doesn't work..Or maybe it just reads empty...when it is empty. Haha
And when you're long gone, Charlotte will talk about you to her grand and great grandkids at what an awesome dad you were.

And the huge pile of truck stuff you left behind for her to clean up.

Haha.

Quick Reply: Carlisle Mopar show 2023 July 15th weekend.