1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Best Memory

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have 6 or 7 freinds that all have dodges with gutted afc's, my brother being one of them. and when we drive up our towns 5 mile mainstreet and look back the smoke hangs for a good 15 mins and you cant see a thing. we dont paint, we plaster, and it comes in layers
Old 12-09-2009, 01:21 AM

i could plaster if i cranked my smoke screw in but its all the way out for a little better fuel milage lol
Old 12-09-2009, 01:36 AM

when the lowered import drivimg punk youth nowadays pulls up beside me with his window down in the summer..

its always the highlight of my day
Old 12-09-2009, 02:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
my AIR RIDE suspension WOO HOO ! I had to drive 5 miles of dirt road one way every day at least 1 x ,that was a no brainer to get the Kelderman ! after that its got to be my EXHAUST pipe water injection ..It will splatter black gooo all over cars that make me very mad!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:48 PM

lets hear some more about this exhaust pipe watter injection! and maby some pics too!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
EXHAUST pipe water injection ..It will splatter black gooo all over cars that make me very mad!
Just when you thought you had seen/heard it all... lol
Old 12-10-2009, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by rebal
EXHAUST pipe water injection
speaking of which. the only draw back to my stacks are

1. i cant do that unless i want my truck covered in black goo too

2. i hate it when it rains, even with drain holes it still throws soot all over my truck. o well

id like to see this H2O injection, specially in action
Old 12-10-2009, 12:22 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
fondest memory

My story doesn't involve speed, smoke outs, or feelings from performance mods. In fact, it's a story of later realizing what you had, and the memories it created. Don't get me wrong; the relationships I've made from the Yuba City bunch, with the wrenching and dynos are priceless. The friday evenings of wrenching and tweaking are all good. But it wasn't always like that. Maybe at the end of story you all will understand.
My son was 6 months old when my wife asked me to take my son, along w/ my best friend and I, to the 1 hour+ away Sacramento airport. Of course, we we were running late, and we were all in panic mode. My buddy was from San Diego, and he was in town spending Christmas with our family. In the hurried panic to get to the airport on time I forgot the baby carry bag, which had the baby formula in it. 20 minutes down the road my son, who is sitting between us in a single cab D350 w/ manual transmission, is carrying on a big fuss and later to downright screaming cause he was hungry. My wife had placed a santa clause hat on his head to keep him warm. My buddy is laughing cause he sees me flustered, from the screaming and trying to switch gears with the crammed childseat and all. His generous offering to help is to make my son suck on the cotton ball on top of the santa hat in hopes of making him think it is a bottle nipple to quiet him down. By the time my son realized the coton ball wasn't putting out, my buddy was exiting the passenger side at the southwest terminal. He waves at me good luck with a laugh! I have an hour+ drive back w/ an enraged baby on my hands!!

That had to be the most memorable time in that 1st gen, which I later lost in a crash into an oak tree 4 years later. My wife and son saw that I missed that truck badly...never realizing what an awsome truck that was, a 1st Gen, which in Grass Valley are rare(or so I thought). What made things worse was that I had just discovered this site, DTR, which made me realize how awsome these trucks really were! I never knew that these trucks were capable of what you all here already know about. Never got to mod anything on that D350. It died a stocker.
Luckily, 3 weeks later I spotted and ended up with a 93 D250; a very clean xtra cab. That truck became the foundation for all the mods learned here. Great rig, except I realized a 4x4 was needed for hunting trips up in the woods and for the occational snow I get around my place. I ended up selling that truck 3 years ago to help pay for the truck you see in my sig now.

Fast forward to times today. My son is 13 now, and he sees me wrenching on my w250 all the time. While hanging out while wrenching, he enjoys hearing my stories of what happens every time I get together with the Yuba City 1st gen bunch. He asks me what a turbo is/does, why I change oil, etc. He likes for me to remind him of all the good times we had in this truck, like his 1st hunting trip in the D250(2nd truck). To this day, when I am in charge of handling sporting events on weekends like my sons soccer trips to Placerville or basketball in Roseville, I ask him if I should take the plush, spacious, 4 door 2002 powerstroke over the crammed (with sporting gear)1993 W250 single cab, rough riding Cummins, he pick the 1st Gen. When asked why, he always replies cause he feels closer to me in that truck. Wife doesn't understand! What a bond: Father, son, and the 1st Gen.

BTW, he get's his 1st real rifle(past hunting trips, his rifle was a crossman pellet rifle) for x'mas this year: A scoped, camo'ed, Remington Buckmaster in 7mm-08. Can you guess which truck will be haulin' off his first buck?
Old 12-10-2009, 03:35 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by peobryant
Me and my lady shared our 1st kiss in my truck.
best memory?? take the above post a few steps further...
Old 12-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Originally Posted by peobryant
Me and my lady shared our 1st kiss in my truck.
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
best memory?? take the above post a few steps further...
yep the first love thingy /\ /\ /\ never went that far,.. then i wrecked it, rebuilt it , "on the road again"those memorys are a little bittersweet ,now looking forward to the 1/8 mile
Old 12-10-2009, 06:28 PM

Great story "Ragu"!!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by blackfordd
Great story "Ragu"!!
Yes, thanks for posting that.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:00 PM
366 Spring Chicken

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Me and the boy were plowing snow the other day in the 08 1 ton d max that I plow commercially with. Its got 7,000 miles on it and the front end is on its way out. BANG!! every time I change direction. ( you can feel it in your feet ) Jay ( 9 years old ) says " Dad your old dodges are 20 years old and they don't bang like that."
Old 12-10-2009, 07:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Great story "bigRagu" I have a lot of great memories like that. wait till he gets his first 1st gen and you both set off to mod it ,its a good feeling ,Even when he woops you bad on the dyno
Old 12-10-2009, 07:52 PM

Jumpin Jeepers, He's going from a Daisy air rifle to a 7mm-08?

Like a pee shooter to a Canon But I like it!

Quick Reply: Best Memory