1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Beat on and broken, but Skittles lives on!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 09:55 PM
BHD

Received 424 Likes on 282 Posts
Originally Posted by feets
I don't see how you guys can live in that climate and keep an interest in older vehicles.

My little 92 D250 doesn't know the meaning of the word rust and half the paint fell off years ago.
I makes working on everything a challenge.

Its the middle of May and I'm burning firewood because the temp is in the low forties, I'd love to move south until I ran out of snow and cold.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:58 PM
BHD

Freight Train you have quite the collection of old Mopar iron. What is the plan for that pristine looking green step side bed?
Old 05-15-2016, 05:33 PM

Received 96 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by BHD
Freight Train you have quite the collection of old Mopar iron. What is the plan for that pristine looking green step side bed?
That particular bed is dads. Its a late 60's/early 70's version. Meaning wooden floor, bolts together in pieces, and no factory provision for a fuel inlet. He has already removed the old wood and unbolted the flooring to mount on a truck he bought out of upstate NY. I have a rust free 1984 all steel bed that I had planned to build a club cab 4x4 stepside diesel with your rig I bought from you a few years back. But now I am not so sure. I may end up looking for a crew cab to stick it on.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:01 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I imagine some of you guys would do really bad things to get a southern truck.

Here's a pic of the floor and rocker on my 92. I took it while servicing the truck this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Beat on and broken, but Skittles lives on!-floor.jpg  
Old 05-17-2016, 10:11 AM

Received 2,551 Likes on 1,690 Posts
I imagine some of you guys would do really bad things to get a southern truck.
If taking a long road trip to pick one up is doing "really bad things to get a southern truck."
I am a very bad man.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
If taking a long road trip to pick one up is doing "really bad things to get a southern truck."
I am a very bad man.
I try to encourage the rust belt guys to do that but it's generally met with whining, crying, and lame excuses.

I did just the opposite. When I bought my Crossfire SRT6 I flew to Omaha and drove it back to DFW.
In 2014 I flew to Baltimore to buy my 2014 Chrysler 200 Super S then drove it back to DFW.

Living in (relatively) central US means that very few parts of the lower 48 are more than a 2 day drive. I can fly out on Saturday morning and be home by dinner on Sunday.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:01 PM
BHD

I try to encourage the rust belt guys to do that but it's generally met with whining, crying, and lame excuses.
Not me. The only way I buy body parts in the QuakerState is if they are 100% rust free. I'll pay a premium for the parts imported from rust free states or I'll stop at a junkyard on my way home from visiting friends in Florida. In my opinion a 2000 mile round trip is a small price to pay for cancer free metal.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:46 PM

Received 96 Likes on 64 Posts

I did just the opposite. When I bought my Crossfire SRT6 I flew to Omaha and drove it back to DFW.
In 2014 I flew to Baltimore to buy my 2014 Chrysler 200 Super S then drove it back to DFW.

Living in (relatively) central US means that very few parts of the lower 48 are more than a 2 day drive. I can fly out on Saturday morning and be home by dinner on Sunday.
Feets my 1992 W350 was bought new and spent the majority of its life in Decatur. Ironically I bought it off the second owner who had just moved to Grosse Ilse MI. I couldn't agree more when it comes to only buying rust free metal. Hence why dad and I drive all over the place to get good steel. Feets I see your from the DFW. My work has sent me down there for a week at a time three times over the last 9months. I have to ask. Why is traffic so terrible there? My last trip I left Love Field and went to Gas Monkey. I bought my son Major a T but once I got to my hotel in Burleson I realized I should have gotten him a size larger. The next day after I got off work (4:30pm) I drove back up to GM. I didn't get back to the La Quinta in Burleson til almost 9pm! Every time I have been there 35W has been closed due to an accident. Honestly DFW has some of the worst traffic I have ever had to drive in, LOL.