1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

anybody put an ATS arc flow on a 1st gen?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybody put an ATS arc flow on a 1st gen?

Want to know if anybody else has done this one already. I am nearing completion of the cold air BHAF and plan on installing the arc flow intake ensuring enough air is getting to the engine before I drop in the 366 spring, grind the foot, and crank up the pump more. . I think I need to use a second gen charge air pipe from the intercooler to intake manifold to make the angle to the intake more agreeable.

This should get me lined up for some serious turbo mods and PODS.

Dodge makes it, Cummins breaks it!
Old 01-21-2006, 12:11 AM

You got too much money!

I wouldn't get one unless I had an intercooler with 3" inlets/outlets and piping.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:33 PM

Who has too much money (EDM's, KTA head) be nice? The stock intake on the first gen is a joke, sorry if that hurts, but airflow through a right angle fittting is well poor at best. I am sure my initial gains will be minimal if any, but as the more air fuel and boost is entered into the equation it will surely be a worthwhile mod.It only has 2.5" inlets bill (the same size as the charge air pipe), I have it setting right here.

Seriously, I can't believe nobody else has done this mod.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've thought about it but am also thinking about designing a multiple port inlet to let the air into the engine a little easier. Have a design in mind but need to do a mockup first.

The air heating grids are the one problem I need to think about. Really need those for every day driving in cold weather to control the smoke at startup.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:23 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by paccool
The air heating grids are the one problem I need to think about. Really need those for every day driving in cold weather to control the smoke at startup.
Move 'em to the end of the pipe coming from the intercooler. You'll need a heavy gauge ground wire, but they should work just fine remote mounted.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:57 AM

I installed a stock 2nd gen air intake on my first gen. It is much larger inside and has a curved inlet. I had to bend 1 of the fuel lines to go around the arm that supports the intake. It cant hurt to install this part, however I did it after installing an 03 Aftercooler which has the 3" piping. first gens I believe have 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 piping.
Good luck
Old 01-22-2006, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by stillsmokin
Who has too much money (EDM's, KTA head) be nice? The stock intake on the first gen is a joke, sorry if that hurts, but airflow through a right angle fittting is well poor at best. I am sure my initial gains will be minimal if any, but as the more air fuel and boost is entered into the equation it will surely be a worthwhile mod.It only has 2.5" inlets bill (the same size as the charge air pipe), I have it setting right here.

Seriously, I can't believe nobody else has done this mod.
Well I am still using the stock elbow. It flowed enough to support 600hp. You are right about the stock one its not the best design out there, but I havent had a reason to change it yet.

I say if you have one see if it will work it sure wont hurt anything. I like how they allready have places to install water meth nozzles. The only problem that I can see is it might sit up to high and contact the hood when you close it. Try it and let us know.

Stomp