1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

another injector ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another injector ?

Well i think its about time that i buy some injectors, i have done a few searches and a bit of reading on them, and i think i know what i want. I am positive that i dont want POD's because i do a lot of towing, and the large EDM's just seem a little too costly for me and i really dont think i need all of the fuel they can flow. I talked to Scheid diesel like many have suggested, and they have a affordable +60hp injector for 500$ a set, which i am assuming is an edm injector.
Does anyone have any experience with these? And how do they compare with the larger edm's, POD's or the DDP stage 4's? i.e. are they fairly efficient, and do they make good power? My goal is 300rwhp with injectors, pump mods, and a hybrid turbo. I dont mind a bunch of smoke, but i put a lot of miles on my truck so at 3+ bucks a gallon i need to go as efficient as possible.

I also noticed that a few other manufacurers like haisly diesel seem to make a similar injector, for the same price. Anyone have any experience with these?

thanks

Ian-
Old 08-28-2006, 09:11 AM

anyone?
Guna make a few phonecalls today, but would still like some inpunt if anyone has some opinions
Old 08-28-2006, 10:32 AM

Bgilbert is running some scheid EDM's....he would be able to give you a good comparison versus the POD's. If I wanted a good injector with smooth power and didnt want a custom EDM, I'd look into the DDP stage 4's.
Cody