1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

alot of things to tell and ask about my rig!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alot of things to tell and ask about my rig!!!

I HIT A SCHOOL BUS! oh man what a day i went to napa and ordered some LED's for my truck and was on my way to school when this school bus pulled out in front of me... In MY LANE and it had snowed about an inch the night before. i was going about 15 and when i hit the brakes my brake light came on on the dash and the anti-lock light also came on and i slid into it going slow enough not to cause significant damage it only pushed my bumper in and cracked my grille out, and it barely got into my drivers fender which i am going to get fixed. BUT whats going on with my brakes the lights have stayed on since then.!? i added some fluid because the front resovoir was low and it went of for about 10 minutes. and it will go off it i pump the brakes and then hold them.... do i have air in the lines some how? i checked them all out and i dont see any broken? WHAT DO I DO!

Third and i think last, my brother (certified diesel mechanic) helped me tweak my pump a bita bit. we turned up the smoke screw 3 turns, the diaphraghm about 90*, and the full load power screw 1.5 turns.i can definately tell a difference but not what i thought. i'm making about 28 lbs of boost and 1100 degrees at full throttle. it smokes a little now but not what i thought it was going to either? what can i do for more power with out getting new injectors or...? i'm most likely going to invest in an old smoky pin but i dont want too much power till i get a 5 speed... really i just want some more top end and smoke... right now its got alot of torque because from a 10 mph roll i can gun it and it'll kick my rear end sideways so what do you reccomend? where should i go from here.....

Also dont know if i changed my sig or not got my bhaf on and old smoky mount. and also 4 inch dp on the way and five inch stacks

Thanks
Tucker
Old 01-25-2008, 07:48 PM

Your tranny will take the power of your pump turned up. Only thing I would do is add a shift kit and bigger trans cooler. Give the fuel screw another half turn and do the timing bump close to the block. Then get you a 16cm housing. I know a guy on here who has a brand new one for sell fairly cheap.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:58 PM

my brakes do the same? drives me crazy! anyone have an answer?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:37 PM

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
how are u making 28lbs of boost with those mods?, i got the fuel pin turned to 180 and ground, the fuel screw in 3 turns, the smoke screw in flush with nut, and timing bumped 1/8th with the automatic transmission, and im making only 20lbs at full throttle.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by mullishacrew
how are u making 28lbs of boost with those mods?, i got the fuel pin turned to 180 and ground, the fuel screw in 3 turns, the smoke screw in flush with nut, and timing bumped 1/8th with the automatic transmission, and im making only 20lbs at full throttle.
I'm pegging a 30psi boost gauge with the 21cm housing. All mods are in my sig. I think boost is a good tuning tool kinda like a pyro, but not much use other than that.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
is it the more you put the pump to the head the more boost you get?, i cant see how im now making that littl eboost, aahh well, sry for taking to post here, carry on
Old 01-26-2008, 12:23 AM

Do the 3200 rpm spring it made a world of difference on my truck and it is a super simple install that costs around $25 with shipping and everything. You will be amazed at the difference.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by 91.5 beater
Do the 3200 rpm spring it made a world of difference on my truck and it is a super simple install that costs around $25 with shipping and everything. You will be amazed at the difference.
this is in my plans for the near future also... one of my brothers friends said he had one i could have because when he took it to a diesel shop they instlled it and then they turned around and took it out. He said he ran no governor spring?!! is that safe?