1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

For all with air ride suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all with air ride suspension

Its coming time to do my exhaust. got my truck last summer and its time for modifications, one problem. My grandpa had the kenderman air ride put in and now the bracket in the back is in the way of the exhaust. i really dont want to do stacks because the truck's box has no stratches and i dont want to be cutting holes in the box. so what do i do so the exhaust doesnt hit that bracket????
Old 05-26-2008, 07:39 PM

Well join the club. I plan on putting stacks on mine because the only other way that I see is to dump the exhaust out before the rear tire. I have looked at every way and that is to only thing that I could come up with. If I get a chance I will try to shoot some pics of mine with the pinnicle 4" system so you can see how I have mine. It is tight at the shock (it does rub) and is also tight where the bracket pivots and also where it extends (for the lift).
Old 05-26-2008, 07:50 PM

I have the full Kelderman system. Two weeks ago I installed a new 4" exhaust system.
Downpipe is 3" to 3.5" to 4" - but everything fit - exhaust exited well clear of Kelderman parts.
Bob
Old 05-27-2008, 03:27 AM

Here's a question for you. Does the system pivot towards the rear or does it pivot towards the front. What I mean is where is the point where the frame work bolted to the frame. Bob and I both have the Kelderman set up but his pivots in the rear and mine pivots in the front. That will make a big difference in weather or not you will have clearance issues.
FRONT PIVOT:

Old 05-27-2008, 08:18 AM

Yes, there are two basic versions of the Kelderman system for the rear of our trucks.
The newer version can be seen at:

http://www.keldermanairride.com/prod...p?id=93DDGREAR

The price is there too. I got LUCKY and found a used set for a whole lot less. The newer version as seen above retains the space for spare (if you still carry one under there). It has it's own trailer hitch receiver built in, because it does take up the space formerly occupied by the frame mount trailer hitch receivers.

Installing the new 4" exhaust was NO problem at all.
Bob
Old 05-28-2008, 06:57 PM

I may end up with stacks. I do absolutely love the looks of them but when it comes to rain i dont want soot blowing all over the truck. also im still in high school and many kids are still in the growing up stage so i wouldnt even want to think what they'd put in the stacks.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 98Smoker
{snip} Also im still in high school and many kids are still in the growing up stage so i wouldnt even want to think what they'd put in the stacks.
Just make sure that you get turnouts and always start your truck at part throttle to launch the foreign objects away from the body of your truck.