1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Aftermarket doors? Any good ones

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 10:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aftermarket doors? Any good ones

Hello. I'm doing a full restore of my truck. Soon I will make a thread of the build. I'm 8 months in to right now. I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with aftermarket doors. It seems my search of a nice set of used American made dodge doors are out of the question seeing as I have three sets in my garage right now that looked amazing when I bought them and I couldn't feel any dents or dings until I epoxied them and they are all wavey. I assume from being leaned on and slammed and the contractions and expansions over the years.

Just wondering if any of you all have used or seen any. I'm worried about the alignment of them. I don't want to throw two crappy looking doors onto a 10k restore and be kicking myself after.

Maybe someone can point me in the direction of a good set of aftermarket doors or a place to get used factory ones.

I appreciate all the help. I have all new parts inside and out and these are the last things keeping me from painting it and doing the frame off....well other than the wife
Old 05-05-2014, 10:24 PM

Also I seem LMC is carrying them but I don't see that they're CAPA certified. Although I'm not sure if I'll find any that are. Assume they're the same that I can buy on auction sites or other warehouse sites for half the price.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:22 AM

We'll I got two more doors today.

A brand new drivers door and a used passenger door all electric with everything still attached in amazing shape but still not to my liking.

Was actually pretty suprised at the quality of the aftermarket door.
The auto garage that ordered it for me told me they been getting a lot of good parts from this company.
Of course it was all rebadged with American company's which I know it was made out of the country or else it would have been more then 225 dollars.
Put it on the cab on the stand to make sure all body lines matched and no gaping and to my suprise it was no different than the factory door.
Only downside was there was were no holes for the mirror and not even any provisions for it so I had to measure, drill and remove the mirror bracket from a spare door and seam seal and re-revit it back in.

Thinking that I'm going to scrap the idea of even using the other used door I got because just for my satisfaction this is a body filler free restore (although using Chinese body parts isn't much better) . And there's two small dings on this used door that would require a filler as it's on the bottom sheet two inches from the eldge. The door holds the same ch part number as the lmc lists. So if anyone needs doors I'd say they would be the place to go to.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:48 AM

Received 101 Likes on 72 Posts
Thanks for the info.