1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

85 crew cab cummins build...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 01:21 PM

Received 1,334 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by Buddy Stewert
Your truck looks great.
Can you give me some more info on that carpet you have in the truck. I need carpet now for my crew cab.
Thanks
Pretty sure he went with a "Hot Rod" universal carpet kit....correct? He didn't have good success with the repro carpet kit. This kit was more money but will work with any floor pattern.

Looking good!!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i ordered a street rod kit from acc, i just had them add on to the end of the run. when you call them just tell them the dimensions of the carpet you want and they will make it. its not a molded carpet but it lays down pretty nice, im pretty happy with the results for now.

james
Old 08-09-2011, 01:11 PM
TNH

Beautiful truck! I love the color.
So there is a total of 8" of lift? 6" suspension and 2" body?
Old 08-09-2011, 07:54 PM

yeah roughly 8, the tires are 35's

thanks!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:27 PM

have any part #'s on the aluminum radiator? i'm looking at one for my build which is very similar to yours but i'm using the first gen axle and making mine a short bed dually. what wiring harness(es) did you use for dash and motor and trans?

Thanks and great looking truck,

James
Old 09-06-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by texsasdiesel
have any part #'s on the aluminum radiator? i'm looking at one for my build which is very similar to yours but i'm using the first gen axle and making mine a short bed dually. what wiring harness(es) did you use for dash and motor and trans?

Thanks and great looking truck,

James

thanks, i searched on evilbay to see if i could find the one i purchased and its no longer there. silla is the comany that made it and it fit just like the stocker. on the wiring harness its all from the 92 with the exception of the engine side harness and pcm which are from the 95. the pinouts between the 95 and the 93 are the same and all my gauges seem to be working like they should cause i used the 95 sensors in the motor also. thanks for the kudos!!!

i put a couple of miles on her this weekend and need to address a couple of issues. turbo wont spool till around 2800 and then takes off like a freight train , brakes need some work, have a drive line vibration (think its tire related) have a lot of wind noise in the cab starting around 50mph. other than that im all smiles!!

thanks

james
Old 09-06-2011, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What did ya do for seat belts in the back? Did you leave the factory lap belts? Im trying to decide what to do with mine, I would rather have the shoulder style if I can make them work

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by bryson711
What did ya do for seat belts in the back? Did you leave the factory lap belts? Im trying to decide what to do with mine, I would rather have the shoulder style if I can make them work

i haven't messed with the rear seat belts, i'm thinking of just doing lap belts cause the rear speaker pods i built are where the seat belt mechanism would have gone. i have the provision for the bolt up top just the roller mechanism is the problem. ill have to think about that one...
Old 09-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Banned

Bryson I would say use the shoulder belt's from the front side if you can the 1's out of a reg cab truck will bolt right back into the back seat area that's what I have going into my crewcab anyway .Plus I am also useing a seat from a 2002 quadcab with builtin belt's for the front .
Old 09-06-2011, 09:25 PM

I was thinking of getting another set of belts and trying to make them work in the back, how does the bottom part bolt in though? It looks like I will probably have to build some sort of plate to mount the bottom ratchet part. I originally had already bought a set of 2001 quad cab seats for the back but I did not like the way that they sat in there so I sold them. For now I have the lap belts in. I will have to try to figure out a way to make some shoulder harness belts work when I have time

Old 09-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Banned

If you look at a reg cab there is a bracket that the seatbelt bolt's to it comes out with a philip's head screw and a couple spot weld's then it bolt's back into the crewcab back seat same way
Old 09-07-2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by simplysmn
If you look at a reg cab there is a bracket that the seatbelt bolt's to it comes out with a philip's head screw and a couple spot weld's then it bolt's back into the crewcab back seat same way
Awesome! Thanks for the help again, I guess I never paid attention to that when I tore my regular cab apart

Old 09-09-2011, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by moneytlks01
thanks, i searched on evilbay to see if i could find the one i purchased and its no longer there. silla is the comany that made it and it fit just like the stocker. on the wiring harness its all from the 92 with the exception of the engine side harness and pcm which are from the 95. the pinouts between the 95 and the 93 are the same and all my gauges seem to be working like they should cause i used the 95 sensors in the motor also. thanks for the kudos!!!

thanks

james

do you remember if when you bought it, did it list it for a 93 cummins truck? how'd you do cruise and a/c? did you use the compressor off the old motor or the engine side harness plugged into the rest of the 93 harness? sorry for picking your brain, trying to get info before i get into mine the rest of the way

James
Old 09-09-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by texsasdiesel
do you remember if when you bought it, did it list it for a 93 cummins truck? how'd you do cruise and a/c? did you use the compressor off the old motor or the engine side harness plugged into the rest of the 93 harness? sorry for picking your brain, trying to get info before i get into mine the rest of the way

James
yeah it was for a 93, the cruise is from the 92 and is the same as the 95. i purchased a new 92 compressor, condenser, dryer, evaporator, and heater core. doing it this way it plugged right in, the alternator i used from the 95 and just hard wired it in. to me it seemed like a more reliable set up then the older stuff.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:41 PM

that was how i was planning on doing it, really appreciate the help buddy and your truck looks awesome

James

Quick Reply: 85 crew cab cummins build...