1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

527hp on a VE

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JQmile
527 I think would be a record for a single turbo and 12mm h/r.
527rwhp is a record for the 12mm H/R in general, not just a single. If I recall correctly, Brian made 486rwhp with his 12mm H/R and twins.

Seems like a bunch of single turbo, 12mm H/R, 500 plus rwhp trucks are appearing now...
Old 04-27-2009, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by pulltilbroke
I thought you had to have twins and KTA parts to make over 500.
It has only took us 4 years to catch up.

Take that back.........we're still not there.

Next time he brings out Old Yeller it might have 750 hp.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Best Paint (Getrag category)

We might be there, a buddy of mine is working on a very disturbing pump with lots of voodoo and trickery

I got a feelin you know who that might be

It would be awesome if Brian layed down 700+ next time out
Old 04-27-2009, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by pulltilbroke
I thought you had to have twins and KTA parts to make over 500.
Or just find a dyno that gives you the number you like.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:45 AM

Or maybe he figured something out. I doubt he went hunting for a dyno that was off or one that "gives good numbers". Probably showed up at the dyno day to see what he had or to see if he gained any power. There is more than a person or two that can either make power or buy power. As great as this country is and as big as it is, probably alot of people can make power if they have the resources and the desire to do so. I'm glad for this guy to make good numbers, until we have a system or have a dyno day somewhere that "all" can go to and run on the same dyno it will be the same-but what won't change if this was to happen "a few doubters" will still be doubting someone elses progress even when they witness it, some just can't help but being a doubter. Give the guy some credit for trying. My thumbs up to him.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:14 AM

This truck was built by Floor-It diesel, I doubt he knew what he had, John did the work and put everything together.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:32 AM

Bill, you better get working on your truck!
Even if if there was a correction factor, it should not be that much in Kansas.

There will be more this year breaking 500 hp with the 12mm head and rotor; fuel only!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:51 AM

John will be the first to tell you that he DOESN'T know much about the VE pumps. He has no problem turning one up for street use, but was on the phone alot with other companies when it came to tuning this one. He took there advise and pushed it as far as he could.
The tranny and pump were the only Floor it parts, everything else was done on advise from many people, by the OWNER.
Credit needs to be given to him,(the owner) for doing his research and putting in the labor needed to build this truck. He has been fighting this thing for 2 long years to get it were it is. Last year at this time it was at 360hp, with water/meth and we thought that was all it had. Couldn't figure out what was wrong. The owner found a compression leak on #4 cylinder and tore the engine completly down over the winter to find a huge score in the cylinder wall. Ended up putting in an entire short block. Also found a bent wastegate puck in the turbo.
Floor it did help him out, but to say that the dyno runs were rigged is crazy. John was just as curiouse about the power as anyone. Nothing could have been learned from a fixed run, and if you know John, he is all about learning so he can push it further. John is a CR man. He was not and is not looking to make a name in the VE pump crowd.
Say what you will, and yes some of you will question the #'s, because that is what you do, but if you were standing next to this truck as it dynoed and the front began to lift and the rpms headed to the moon, you wouldn't be so quick to throw the red flag.

I have forgotten how many of the posters on these forums are haters, and will question anything that doesn't happen to their truck. I will take note of this and not post anymore dyno results unless I have video proof, and to many that will not be enough. Soon you'll just start throwing out the NOX claims. Really just thought many of you, in the 1st gen crowd would be happy to know that one of your own is making a showing as far as power and sledpulling. My mistake.

J.D.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:13 AM

Kurt I have no doubt more people are catching on to the 1st gen HP race. I also believe there will be more 500hp 1st gens this year as well. The recipe is there out in the open, all it takes is someone who wants it, builds it and spends the money to have it.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:15 AM

You don't need video proof. I don't have much for what I have done.
Just continue posting the facts.

Most, if not all, want to hear results; there are a few who don't want to accept a higher number than their own.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:36 AM

Bill you and I must have been typing at the same time.
Your comments do seem to come across rather harsh Bill.
If you need to dish something out; give it to me, I enjoy a good ribbing and can handle it quite well!

Another thing to remember, the two latest trucks to break 500 had good size turbos and would not be nearly streetable as most others on this site. I could probably throw on something bigger and make 20-40 more hp but, it would stink driving around here.
Here at 5300' it starts spooling around 1500-1700, depending on temperature, and is full tilt by 2100.

I loaded nearly 3 tons of topsoil in the back last week and was amazed at how easy I could accelerate grossing 12,300 lbs.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GLHS
Bill you and I must have been typing at the same time.
Your comments do seem to come across rather harsh Bill.
If you need to dish something out; give it to me, I enjoy a good ribbing and can handle it quite well!

Another thing to remember, the two latest trucks to break 500 had good size turbos and would not be nearly streetable as most others on this site. I could probably throw on something bigger and make 20-40 more hp but, it would stink driving around here.
Here at 5300' it starts spooling around 1500-1700, depending on temperature, and is full tilt by 2100.

I loaded nearly 3 tons of topsoil in the back last week and was amazed at how easy I could accelerate grossing 12,300 lbs.
Not to hijack, but you truck has impressed me for a while GLHS. I think if you got down to some California air, you'd be over 500 with what you have. A lot of time down here in Los Angeles, the correction factor will actually work backward compared to uncorrected. I just noticed what your timing was set at in your sig. Sheesh, that's a lot, what does it come out to in degrees?
Old 04-27-2009, 06:22 PM

JFlory keep doing what your doing guy. I'm relatively new to all this 1st gen stuff just started in 1/09. I enjoy these old trucks and tinkering with them. But the haters and doubters for the most part "just can't help themselves" it's a defect in the thought process. Tell your guy that made the numbers "great job". I too would like to have 500 hp, as of right now 250 lol. I just put one of my spare engines on the engine stand saturday. Work & making a living just keeps getting in the way of playing. I've gathered alot parts since 1/09 and only need 5 or $6000.00 more in engine parts to be where I want to be power wise. So JFlory & GLHS I thank you both for stepping up for the guy who wasn't even here to defend his truck from the haters and doubters.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:32 PM

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I love seeing this stuff with my eyes and then smacking to my P-pump and VP friends. I'm the only one of us that runs a VE still and no of these guys believe the 500hp+ on these pumps. I must have watched JAyers and BGilberts videos about a thousand times before I showed any of the guys around here. Wouldn't mind showing them yet another.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:32 AM

if this is the truck i think it is its not a htt66 but a 64mm usb and has the craziest h2o meth set up ive ever seen

Quick Reply: 527hp on a VE