1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

1st gen pulling the sled

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are a couple more links of the "power trip". It is a nice truck and a nice guy who runs it. Single turbo, water, auto tranny.
West Point Pull
Pierce Pull

I really like that truck. I am kind of partial because I get to actually watch it run.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by cummnz4x4pwr
Hey Cody it was nice meetin you in Houston. Block it up next time and you'll kick butt.

P.S. I might need some help from ya locating some 1st gen parts just bought a 93 1ton ext.cab 4x4. needs a light gray dash cap and some other small parts that I dont know where to go to get'em.

Jake Staton
Hey Jake,
It was nice to meet you too....wish we would of had more time to talk. I've got a stash of interior parts so I should be able to help you out. And dont worry...next time I pull it will be blocked.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:35 PM

Great Pics!! Where did you get the billet grill?
Old 11-11-2006, 12:12 AM

Blocked? what dus that mean?
Old 11-11-2006, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by flashgordon
Blocked? what dus that mean?
Basically making the rear suspension solid.. it helps to keep if from bouncing, and from losing hitch height.. Most use some time of a metal block (square or rectangle tubing works good.) to block between the frame, and the bump stop on the axle or springs... A good location is to remove the stock rubber bump stop, and bolt in the block.. Just have to jack up the truck a little to install the blocks..
Old 11-11-2006, 03:03 PM

I also know the guy that runs the power trip. I pulled at a few pulls this summer in the class below him. For the record, that jumping sensation you feel in your truck sounds alot like the axle wrap problem I had at adams, Nebraska my crew noticed the problem when the hybrid lit up the rear end was moving back and forth a scary distance. I had to let up as well. We're going to buid trac bars to steady it for next year. As there are many pulls where blocks are not legal except in the mod classes, better be able to run real hard/afford to break things to win there!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by stillsmokin
I also know the guy that runs the power trip. I pulled at a few pulls this summer in the class below him. For the record, that jumping sensation you feel in your truck sounds alot like the axle wrap problem I had at adams, Nebraska my crew noticed the problem when the hybrid lit up the rear end was moving back and forth a scary distance. I had to let up as well. We're going to buid trac bars to steady it for next year. As there are many pulls where blocks are not legal except in the mod classes, better be able to run real hard/afford to break things to win there!
My truck has a set of ladder bars that we made the week before the pull so I doubt that was the problem.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:13 PM

Its good you already have a set of bars. But, we've seen some problems with flex on a few sets or the forward attachment point. Hopefully blocks cure the problem for you.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:12 PM

I was surprised at how soft his springs were.. when we tied the truck down on the trailer to go to Houston we realized it might not be pretty.. Had planned on making the blocks.. just ran out of time... if we had made a double bar setup.. (top and bottom of the axle.) it might have helped... but blocks should do it.. And his shocks are about all shocked out... There was no hitch height for Saturday, so we turned the drop hitch over... Lots of little stuff we learned...
There's a good pic on the truck blog.. of a 3rd gen that bent his bars in Houston.. it was no little bend either...

Do you know if the Power Trip is P-Pumped??? thought I saw a truck similar for sale a while back???
Old 01-06-2007, 07:13 PM

Old 01-06-2007, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's that massive unsightly thing hanging off that timing case? Disgusting

Looks fun!
Old 01-06-2007, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by gman07

Looks fun!
one of those front mounted 100hp starter motors?
Old 01-06-2007, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by NeedMoPower
This is my favorite...

NICE RIG: SORRY I DIDN'T MEET YOU IN HOUSTON. I WAS SITTING ON THE TRACK WALL. HAVE A COUPLE OF PICKS BUT THEY ARN'T AS GOOD AS THE ONES YOU HAVE. I'LL HAVE TO PLAN THINGS BETTER NEXT YEAR.
HECK, LET ME KNOW NEXT TIME SOMETHING IS GOING ON,I'AM 100MI. EAST OF RACEWAYPARK. TOMMY
Old 01-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks fun!
It looks like a cancerous lupus cyst oozing gelatinous turkey gravy upon the ruddy cheek of an undead taxi driver emerging from a St. Louis cesspool.

(Needless to say, I want one...)
Old 01-07-2007, 03:20 AM

Looks fun!
Looks sexy!!

Quick Reply: 1st gen pulling the sled